It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Clock moves to 100 seconds to midnight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So.. I have been watching this on and off since the last couple of years, it was at 2 minutes to midnight, and did not really move.

Until now!

Doomsday Clock is now at 100 seconds to midnight

Another Article on this matter

Doomsday Clock coverage from CNN

I have never really taken this thing seriously. Still 50/50 on it. I mean sure, times are really bad, but how does a bunch of scientists accurately predict what super powers are going to do to each other?...Unless.. They're all in on it!

Anyways, I'm sure we have a few more months left.. But wait! They even sneak in man made climate change to be a big general factor too!

Sharon Squassoni, Georgetown University professor and member of the Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, noted how extreme the nuclear weapons situation has become. She cited the recent collapse of the Iran nuclear deal, the reemergence of North Korea's nuclear capabilities and the continued buildout of weapons from the U.S., Russia and China.

"In sum, the situation is extremely dangerous and demands an emergency response," Squassoni said.

Sivan Kartha, a senior scientist at the Stockholm Environment Institute, noted that time is running out for the planet to get to the emissions goals set at the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement. "Emissions need to head towards zero," Kartha said, adding, "there's no question this is an emergency."

The Clock, which warns of impending disasters and takes into account nuclear weapons, rising geopolitical tensions, as well as changes to the environment, was created in 1947 at the beginning of the arms race between the U.S. and the then-Soviet Union.

I want to hear what ya'll have to say about this great news that we received today.

Now the Lefties are on Twitter trying to pass bills to lessen the POTUS's ability to attack or retaliate with Nuclear weapons...

Twitter being used to get signatures to prevent Trumps ability to Launch Nukes

This is surely hilarious.

edit on 23-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Umm...propaganda.

This world is, and will be at odds with one another. Truth is, none of us has the balls to wipe the other.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That clock literally means nothing except to enforce a fear for everyone not US.

My guess is when they run out of space to place the hand "so close to midnight", they will invent new fractions of a seconds.

2036 Breaking News! The Doomsday Clock moves to a gazillionth of a second!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

SoOo...

According to Dr Dingbat, the uptick of nuclear weapons is so extreme that it needs an emergency response.

What would that look like?

And Dr Dingbat 2 needs us to head towards zero emissions or we're all dead...

So I guess the obvious solution is to nuke China and India to stop their emissions.... then stop using fossil fuels and electricity in the West.

Why don't they just set the thing to 12:01AM and go get another hobby?

/facepalm

ETA... does the left understand that Twitter probably isn't the place to start a Constitutional Amendment?

Because that's what it would actually take... a redefinition of the powers of the Executive branch.

Which isn't going to happen.

edit on 23-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There really is only one solution to Iran and NK if sanctions fail. The world would have to get behind a military action to take out all of their capabilities.

I think you need to add Pakistan to the list. Sooner or later the weapons in Pakistan will fall into the wrong hands.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Clock didn't factor in the big dog Iman returning and also Jesus. These two Superheroes still have to duke it out. Maybe their snaps cancelled out each other?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hahahahahahahah Love this reply.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I can honestly see this happening. These people are a joke and so is their system of predicting a complete societal collapse and/or fallout.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Clock didn't factor in the big dog Iman returning and also Jesus. These two Superheroes still have to duke it out. Maybe their snaps cancelled out each other?

Who the hell is Iman

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

There are so many flash points in the world it's hard to see why they've put it so high , perhaps they should knock 40 seconds off and make it a round minute.

Regardless it seems we are doomed to failure.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The doomsday clock, like this impeachment slop, is a dumb gimmick based on nothing measurable.

Its sole intent is to trigger the uneducated to action as directed by the TV.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The doomsday clock, like this impeachment slop, is a dumb gimmick based on nothing measurable.

I'm glad to see many ATS'ers feel the same way about this shenanigan of a fear control device.

link   
There was a time pardon the pun when the Doomsday Clock held some relevance, but that time has passed it is nothing but a political agenda tool for scientists. Most who are graduates are employed at liberal universities, yet I'm supposed to believe we are closer to doomsday than the height of the Cold War, the Cuban Missile crisis, Vietnam and Korean War. I don't think so.

link   

edit on 23-1-2020 by putnam6 because: double

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Is that Greta's clock ?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Who the hell is Iman

Sort of like the Muslim Thor.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

That pretty much tells the story. Want to control someone, inject hate or fear.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We got four more years of Trump before the Democrats get in and cause WW111. Enjoy the next four years. I am now going to go out and get the mail and paper, it is snowing and it is all icy in the drive. Fall might come early this winter.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Bs propaganda invented to keep you afraid.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh noes! Not the seconds. Tell me we aren't seconds away ... and a minute and a half's worth of seconds too. "Now kids, I am counting to 3 ... 1 .... 2 ... 2 1/2 ...."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join