It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did China's New Plague Really Start In An Illegal Animal Market?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Blaine91555

I honestly think it would be worse.

Spanish Flu nearly collapsed the social fabric at a time when disease and death by disease was a familiar thing to people because most of the common deadly childhood illnesses were still around. Vaccines were still brand new.

Now look at us. We're freaking out over the mere thought of this. We've gotten so insulated from disease death that we no longer really understand what it's like. Our own vaccines are scarier to us. If Spanish Flu almost destroyed the social order of a much more acclimated people ... what do you think it will do to us?

That doc vid from twitter translates that it has mutated already and is untreatable. At the same time I read another place that it is now airborne (or has been all along...)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Like that part in WWZ (the book) where North Korea ... just disappeared. They closed their borders and were gone.

They also forcibly pulled all of their residents' teeth to make the infected biting the uninfected physically impossible, IIRC.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's been a while since I've read it, but I remember no one wanting to go over there and look for them, imagining underground bunkers full of zombies.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Like that part in WWZ (the book) where North Korea ... just disappeared. They closed their borders and were gone.

That sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Never read that, but I will now. Thanks

I doubt NK can deal with any disease outbreak. God help us if they go into bio-warfare.

Two Tips:
1. Read the book, do NOT watch the movie. (Horrible, horrible injustice to the book)
2. Pick up the companion book, also by Max Brooks "The Zombie Survival Guide." It's actually a very decent read.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It's been a while since I've read it, but I remember no one wanting to go over there and look for them, imagining underground bunkers full of zombies.

Yeah, they left it entirely open to the imagination as to whether they survived, died, or other.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Never read that, but I will now. Thanks

I doubt NK can deal with any disease outbreak. God help us if they go into bio-warfare.

Two Tips:
1. Read the book, do NOT watch the movie. (Horrible, horrible injustice to the book)
2. Pick up the companion book, also by Max Brooks "The Zombie Survival Guide." It's actually a very decent read.

Both are well worth it, and if you have seen the movie? Don't worry. NOTHING like the book. The book is a wonderyful Halloween read.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Great book! It's the kind of book you can read again and again and still enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Local news reporting there's a suspected case in Waco, Tx. A Baylor college student. He was removed from his dorm room and is being kept in isolation.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Someone call Geppetto, Pinocchio has infiltrated the Chinese government!

that official statement is propaganda 101, reassure the populace while at the same time keep them in line. China-like other nations-create these viruses, and like the old trope goes 'when you buy a product that says made in china its gonna be crap.'

and crap is what we got. Their brass knew about this, they are pulling a trump-desperation leads liars to deflect and deceive, which I believe is the case here. this is nothing I have seen before, the folks at porton down need to get their hands on a patient stat, trusting china to come up with a vaccine would be like trusting an arsonist with a flamethrower.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I found it very suspicious that Netflix launched a major docu-series called 'PANDEMIC' only a couple of days after the news broke regarding this 'Chinese plague'... Does anyone else find that weird? My spider sense is tingling!

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I actually think that the Hn1 and the other stuff including the 'wu-flu'.

Is the state trying to get rid of 1 billion people.

After their one child policy I don't put anything past them.

Lets just hope the globalists here don't get the same idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

How about Event 201 and Forbes posting an article on Event 201 the same day as the first case of nCov....

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Nice reference!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

China is like the Africa of Asia when it comes to exotic meat and medicine.

I don't think you need to create a conspiracy theory to explain what too many people, too many animals, and lack of sanitation does all on its own.
Right on !

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOcean
I like what you did here...

Can I take it a step further?

Bio-Safety Level 4...includes something called an Arenavirus. What is an Arenavirus?

"An arenavirus is a negative-sense, single-stranded RNA virus that is a member of the family Arenaviridae. These viruses infect rodents and occasionally humans; arenaviruses have also been discovered which infect snakes. At least eight arenaviruses are known to cause human disease."

Rats? Snakes? Live animal market?
""Snakes Could Be The Source..."

This Arenavirus does not cause cold or flu like symptoms. It causes Hemorrhagic Fever.

Does a cold that progresses into pneumonia lay you out in the street, generally speaking? No. Hemorrhagic Fever does though...

Another poster claimed that they saw images of people face down in the street in a pool of blood.

Hemorrhagic fever.

China "locking down" 7 cities now...for a Coronavirus with a 2% death rate in a population with an average age of 73 years old?

-or-

China "locking down" 7 cities...for an uncontained hemorrhagic fever.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
So we have this officially blessed story floating around the past 2 days and, TBH it is plausible and likely where the safer money bets should go.
www.businessinsider.com...

On Wednesday, authorities in Wuhan, China — where the current outbreak started — banned the trade of live animals at wet markets. The specific market where the outbreak is believed to have begun, the Huanan Seafood Market, was shuttered on January 1. The coronavirus that emerged there has so far killed 17 people and infected nearly 640.

But this is ATS and safe bets aren't as much fun as letting it hang out there and taking a risk. So, lookie lookie at this news story from 3 years ago...
Inside the Chinese lab poised to study world's most dangerous pathogens

A laboratory in Wuhan is on the cusp of being cleared to work with the world’s most dangerous pathogens. The move is part of a plan to build between five and seven biosafety level-4 (BSL-4) labs across the Chinese mainland by 2025, and has generated much excitement, as well as some concerns.

BSL-4 is the highest level of biocontainment: its criteria include filtering air and treating water and waste before they leave the laboratory, and stipulating that researchers change clothes and shower before and after using lab facilities. Such labs are often controversial. The first BSL-4 lab in Japan was built in 1981, but operated with lower-risk pathogens until 2015, when safety concerns were finally overcome.

www.livescience.com...

As an escalating viral outbreak unfolds in China, only one lab in the country meets the required biosafety standards needed to study the new disease.

The lab happens to sit in the center of Wuhan, the city where the newly identified coronavirus first appeared, according to the Hindustan Times, an Indian news outlet. The facility, known as the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, is housed within the Chinese Academy of Sciences and was specifically designed to help Chinese scientists "prepare for and respond to future infectious disease outbreaks," according to a 2019 report published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Yeah, that's accurate... the Wuhan BSL-4 lab isn't just the only lab in that part of China... it's the only level 4 lab in all of mainland China. What an INCREDIBLE coincidence the virus emerges right in the shadow of the only facility qualified and able to study it and potentially stop it! Yeah, I don't believe in coincidences, either.

Other oddities in this... The first confirmed cases (not deaths, but actual cases) were December 31, 2019. The United States Center for Disease Control identified the market and the Chinese government closed it at the start of the day on January 1, 2020. www.channelnewsasia.com...
A sprawling city of 11 Million people, a foreign government's CDC, and they were able to pinpoint the exact source of a supposedly unique, not seen before virus in a handful of hours? I can't wrap my head around the logistics of that.

Then there is the historically "unChinese" Chinese government response

“Anyone who puts the face of politicians before the interests of the people will be the sinner of a millennium to the party and the people,” the commentary on its Chang An Jian account read.
“Anyone who deliberately delays and hides the reporting of [virus] cases out of his or her own self-interest will be nailed on the pillar of shame for eternity,” it added.
The commentary cited an instruction issued by President Xi Jinping on Monday that the virus must be “resolutely contained” and that all cadres must make “the safety of people’s lives and their physical health” the top priority.

This is either 100% bullsnip from Beijing or it reflects one of the largest policy shifts in modern history, as the always secretive Chinese government changed their spots almost overnight... or did they? Is it possible they've got something else in mind here? Perhaps release a virus upon the world which they already have the cure for, let it fester for a period, then swoop in, knock it out and whilst patting themselves on the back on the world stage take that moment to loudly proclaim "Yeah, about those tariffs and calls for sanctions over Hong Kong... ahem"

No matter how you view all of this, you at least have to admit there are some amazing "coincidences."
1. An outbreak of a new virus in the only city in China with the facilities needed to treat it.
2. An almost implausible turn around from initial identification of virus to accused "source"
3. A historically locked down Chinese government picking this moment to magically become an open book.

One of these coincidences would be enough to take pause, all of them together is enough to pull the brakes completely and try to figure out just WTF the game and, more importantly, the end game is here.
I agree with you 100% ! Its worse than we are being told

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Great thread ! Thank you !

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I found this graphic out there. It's about 36-40 hours old, but still interesting from a geography perspective I thought...

edit on 1/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Local news reporting there's a suspected case in Waco, Tx. A Baylor college student. He was removed from his dorm room and is being kept in isolation.

Hope they did the same with his roommate, and anybody else he was around.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I've been reading articles blaming conspiracy theorists for "dangerous rumor-spreading" about the Wuhan coronavirus, notably about the BSL-4 lab in Wuhan. But in the past there have been many accidents at these labs so it really isn't so far-fetched this virus walked out with some researcher.

Ten incidents discovered at the nation's biolabs:

www.usatoday.com...

From respirators failing, to needle-sticking, to holes in BSL-4 pressure suits, I find it entirely possible this virus escaped the Wuhan biolab. It would explain the desperate measures they're taking to quarantine cities.
edit on 25-1-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BillyJoeeOzark
It is called the wu-flu

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join