It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiff warns of Russian attack on US mainland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Perhaps sensing the ennui in the chamber on Day 2 of the trial, Schiff, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, sought to keep the stakes high. He suggested at one point that military aid to Ukraine was essential so the U.S. would not have to fight Russians at home, as soldiers did in the videogame "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."

"As one witness put it during our impeachment inquiry, the United States aids Ukraine and her people so that we can fight Russia over there, and we don't have to fight Russia here," Schiff said, drawing rebukes from commentators across the political spectrum.

Schiff warns of Russian attack on US mainland

Yes, you heard that right. Schiff said 2 important things. The first is that he said the US is actively engaged in war against Russia using Ukraine as our proxy. He literally said we are fighting Russia. The next important thing is that he said if Trump is not removed Russia will attack the US and we will be fighting a war like in CoD against Russia in America.

Are there any liberals who realize how crazy those statements are? If anyone agrees with him I am interested to understand your point of view on the matter.

Then we had this.

Schiff attracted the most criticism, however, for later making the head-turning argument that Trump must be removed from office by the Senate -- rather than by voters in the 2020 election -- because it is impossible to be sure the 2020 election won't be compromised.

"The president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won," Schiff remarked. He did not elaborate.

He has literally said Democrats are unwilling to let the people decide. There is never any guarantee any election won't be compromised, does that mean we can't have elections anymore? Or only Republicans can not participate?
edit on 23-1-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well, now that Patrick Swayze is dead I agree, it's better to fight them over there than relying on the Wolverines to fend off the Russians here.

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well, when we start seeing the soviets building thousands of troop transport ships that can travel all the way here, we might start to worry, but, folks like me would volunteer to pick them off while on the way in.

Is he really that stupid?

Fred..

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

First post, already genius in the thread.

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
Well, when we start seeing the soviets building thousands of troop transport ships that can travel all the way here, we might start to worry, but, folks like me would volunteer to pick them off while on the way in.

Is he really that stupid?

Fred..

Is he that stupid? No. He is speaking to sway his base. That means he thinks his base is that stupid.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Wow.

If there's any sovereign threat in the future, I see it as China.

Russia is a patsy for them right now. Russia doesn't have the money for a conventional was with the US.... And while they are a nuclear power, why on earth would they knowingly destroy us knowing they would have the same fate?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Everyone knows we must fight the Ruskies abroad or else it's going to be Red Dawn.

I can't believe how poorly they are presenting this to the Senate. The actual head of the House Intelligence Committee is saying this, what a joke.

Don't forget that Schiff has "More than circumstantial evidence" that Trump Consipred with Russia. His evidence was so Top Secret that he couldn't give it to Mueller or Anyone else.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's truly bottom level thinking. Who is he speaking to that he thinks is dumb enough to believe it?

And he has said we are actively at war with Russia. What repercussions could that statement have if Russia makes an issue of it?

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
are democrats really sofaking stupid that they don't see how much of a lunatic Schiff really is?

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Russia needs to go back to communism so that the left will like them again.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

There would be cause for alarm if the opposition weren't so patently retarded.

It's like watching an episode of the Roadrunner.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

But, but... muh Call of Duty video games!

At this point, throw out the whole party. Just toss them all. They are utterly ridiculous and need to go the way of the Whigs.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Demand Chris Hemsworth as a witness. He made that Red Dawn re-boot but it was actually North Korea this time. Maybe just show clips of the first one? Slippery slope but worth a shot.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Don't worry, CNN will be along shortly playing clips from the movie saying it's Russia gearing up for real.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Obama: The '80s called, they want their foreign policy back

Democrats keep telling me different things, not sure what their position is.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I joke about the dems being loony, and there's a bunch that are more or less unhinged.

But Schiff is on another level. He is clinically insane.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's truly bottom level thinking. Who is he speaking to that he thinks is dumb enough to believe it?

And he has said we are actively at war with Russia. What repercussions could that statement have if Russia makes an issue of it?

In all reality, Russia is probably laughing that some of our politicians are pushing that narrative.

I'm not going to sugar coat our relationship with them... Tensions are elevated to a level that resembles the early 90's.... But at the same time, we still cooperate in space endeavors and on counter terrorism.

We're competitive economic adversaries. Even with proxy mishaps here and there we haven't crossed the threshold to conflict. Though I will say Ukraine certainly complicates things. And that's a tricky one, most here know I'm anti war, but I do have to acknowledge our treaty with Ukraine.

His comments were just dumb though, ignoring all nuance just to use buzz terms for domestic political purposes. They are flirting with reckless too, while this doesn't concern me, the idea that the democrats are escelating the Russia rhetoric since the collision lost its traction could be a glimpse into the future.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Obama: The '80s called, they want their foreign policy back

Democrats keep telling me different things, not sure what their position is.

Anti Trump is the only thing I can confidently say.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

He suggested at one point that military aid to Ukraine was essential so the U.S. would not have to fight Russians at home, as soldiers did in the videogame "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."

Holy crap wait until someone tells schiff about Katamari Damacy.
It is a planet killer.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Schiff is promoting paranoia. Russia is an adversary, they are not our enemy. He also stated in his opening statement that the Ukraine is at war with Russia, which is our enemy, and we should not have been holding back money from the Ukraine for military support.

First of all, Russia is not our enemy and the Ukraine has not declared war against Russia. Schiff is lying a lot about things, fear mongering to get what he wants.

That is like Pelosi's daughter who was overseeing a movie presentation at the White house. She says Trump asked her if there was anything to drink in the room and she offered him a a bottle of aquafina from her purse. She slams Trump as being irresponsible for taking a water from her and not having anyone checking it if it was safe. Why would Trump be concerned of taking a bottle of water from the daughter of the speaker of the house? Don't the Democrats trust anyone? Why was that turned into a bad thing in the book she authored? Why did that hit Yahoo?

www.businessinsider.com...

Paranoia is taking over the Democratic party because they are deceiving others so much and are convinced they are being targeted by Trump. They do not realize that they are causing the problem and Trump is trying to defend himself from twisted fake everything. Schiff should be removed from office, he has some mental issues, he believes the misconseptions he is saying, he is delusional.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join