It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want to Thank God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
For everything. I should have been dead more times than I can count by now. The things I’ve seen and the places I’ve been, I’m one of the few people to make it out.

The love, the heartbreak, the struggle, the pain, the loss, it’s hard to comprehend how beautiful it all is. It’s being human. Nothing is beautiful because it lasts. Enjoy the time you have and show as much love as possible to everyone around you.

The only thing we leave this planet with are experiences, everything else is borrowed.

Even though we have our disagreements, I would die for every single one of you. Now don’t get it twisted, I’m not talking about God in the religious sense. To humans the concept of God is nothing more than a framework built out of ignorance to explain the experience of the divine. And it’s been perverted by men over the centuries for power.

That’s not the God I’m talking about. I’m talking about the force behind all of that. The force that animates everything from us to the grasshoppers you see jumping across your yard.

The only truth is love. Everything else is trying to take away from that and make you forget it. In today’s world it can be hard, but don’t let it win.

The future rests on us. And where we choose to go from here.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

May the force be with you.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

This is the way.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I know this is not a contest but can you beat this:

I survived 4 head-on car accidents, shot twice and stabbed.

I forgot kidney and pancreas cancer. Thank God the doctors could cut it out.

Oh and I died on 4 July 2012... and was brought back by a medical team.

DS

edit on 19-1-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

DS

No, but after four aneurysms and a heart attack, not to mention the stupid # I did when I was young, I feel very fortunate and blessed to just be alive.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sarlacc pit

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

DS

It’s not a contest. The whole concept of that lies in the ego, which is basically just an emotional response to fear and identity.

That being said lol, I’ve rolled 2 different cars with no seatbelt on and somehow survived. My earliest memory is a glowing woman pushing me out of a swimming pool I fell into when I was 5 or 6 years old.

Been shot at, been grazed, fought off a shark, fell off a mountain, overdosed, been stabbed, it’s crazy the things we can make it through. And I never lost my faith. There was always something right there with me every time. I’ve made so many promises to God and broken every one, and it doesn’t matter.

It’s just love. Whatever animates us understands the world we live in. And what certain situations make us into.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

DS

I also know it's not a contest, but I can beat that having survived five head on car accidents, falling off a cliff, three shootings, two aeroplane crashes, being hung drawn and quartered and I was also dragged from under the ashes following the eruption of Mount Etna having survived on my own stored mucus and a stick of gum for sixty three days.

Can't complain, the brain tumour means I feel no pain.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Now don’t get it twisted, I’m not talking about God in the religious sense. To humans the concept of God is nothing more than a framework built out of ignorance to explain the experience of the divine. And it’s been perverted by men over the centuries for power.

Indeed, but it's not their fault........it's ours.......we just can't get through to them no matter how it's articulated.
Just shows how intrenched the pre programming is.

I also would like to thank god for my life.....i do every time i pray to him and his son our saviour.

THURSDAY - the true holy day, the true day of rest , the day of the last supper and christs day of his flesh resurected bodies rise to the heavens.

In god I trust. In the flesh i endure till the end until i am called home.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Indeed, but it's not their fault........it's ours.......we just can't get through to them no matter how it's articulated. Just shows how intrenched the pre programming is.

It’s not about getting through to them. It’s just about showing love. That’s it. We all have our own road up the mountain. And all lead to the same place.

The powerful people of the world want us to forget that. And it’s up to us to remember that.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I don't agree with you on much.

However...

I entirely agree with you that "religion" is merely a human construct to not only explain something that we do not have the ability to comprehend, but has been used as a tool for ages to exert control over people.

I use the wise men and the elephant parable a lot to explain that.

I'm spiritual... not religious.

And I can 100% agree with you that there is something out there that is bigger than us and it too has kept me within my current form, for reasons unknown.

But I'm pretty happy just to be here because like some humans, I should have been shuffled off this mortal coil a long time ago.

So cheers to Jesus, Buddha, Allah, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, spirit guides or however else you choose to frame it.

I'm thankful every day as well.

S&F...

edit on 19-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Indeed, but it's not their fault........it's ours.......we just can't get through to them no matter how it's articulated. Just shows how intrenched the pre programming is.

It’s not about getting through to them. It’s just about showing love. That’s it. We all have our own road up the mountain. And all lead to the same place.

The powerful people of the world want us to forget that. And it’s up to us to remember that.

It is about getting through to them, the Shepherd must try to save as many sheep as possible, otherwise it's isolating the enlightenment for selfish preservation.

They may not listen or follow, but you must try.

That doesn't mean ram it down everyones throat but if they take the inpulse to reply to such threads as yours, your duty as you done with Lysergic is to recommend its the way.

So even if you don't realize that your trying to save others in actual fact you are. Lucky for you.

Now be conscious of that next step in your enlightenment instead of being in denial.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Politics is an UNO game. That’s the real level of importance of all of it. People use it for their own ends. Hurt people lash out at others, and usually that’s the type of people that get off arguing over politics.

I’ve yet to meet a well adjusted person who gets off on arguing over politics.

Our entire life, soul, is so much bigger than transitory politics. When compared to the whole picture, it’s nothing. Just an invention of humans to shore up power through any means.

I just hope no matter what we disagree on, we never lose sight of the real part of us. The soul. The timeless part.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Agree,

I thank God for everything! The real God.

I especially thank God for sending Yeshua for the salvation of humankind. This is the truth.

“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45).

“We all like sheep have gone astray. Each of us has turned to his own way. So Adonai has laid on Him the iniquity of us all” (Isaiah 53:6).

“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him” (John 3:16–17).
edit on 19-1-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

It is about getting through to them, the Shepherd must try to save as many sheep as possible, otherwise it's isolating the enlightenment for selfish preservation.

That doesn't mean ram it down everyones throat but if they take the inpulse to reply to such threads as yours, your duty as you done with Lysergic is to recommend its the way.

So even if you don't realize that your trying to save others in actual fact you are. Lucky for you.

Now be conscious of that next step in your enlightenment instead of being in denial.

That is all.

Everyone awakens at the speed they awaken. Nothing you or me say is really going to have an impact on anyone who isn’t already on the path. And that’s fine. You can’t blame people for being afraid and scared of change. Change is scary.

I have no desire to be a shepherd. Everything I’m talking about is available to every single one of us.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I thank Jesus almost everyday. Grateful for that I'm still breathing.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

That is all.

Nothing you or me say is really going to have an impact on anyone who isn’t already on the path. And that’s fine. You can’t blame people for being afraid and scared of change. Change is scary.

I have no desire to be a shepherd. Everything I’m talking about is available to every single one of us.

You may not want to be a shepherd but you started this thread and express a particular mindset so you have been chosen wether you like it or not.

Will you rise to the true message thats knocking at your door????

But -

If you truly believe that first paragraph above, then better quit whilst your ahead.

Let me put it in a very familiar lamens term -

Most people can't see the forest for the trees, but nevertheless they are mesmerized by the trees beauty.

Or -

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

You've taken a tentative step, now see it through.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I want the freedom to walk my own path, realize truth at my own pace and have the strength to persevere.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I envy the people mesmerized by the trees beauty. They understand on some base level what all of this is.

It’s not complicated, it’s not inaccessible, it’s just love. Plain and simple. It’s about seeing beyond the lines this world draws around us. And seeing who we truly are. This isn’t some groundbreaking new idea. It’s been expounded on throughout the ages by a number of people. Most of whom have ended up nailed to something or set on fire.

Our true nature is scary to people whose only goal is control.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I want the freedom to walk my own path, realize truth at my own pace and have the strength to persevere.

You were born with that. No one gives that to you. No government, no religion, nothing. And no one can take it away from you.

That’s something that’s inherent in who we are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join