It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Markle Debacle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Princess Grace, Grace Kelly, the American actress who married into the royalty of Monaco. The commonality here being the American actress side of things, not which country she married into.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi
a reply to: Sheye

only 5% of their funding comes from parliament (taxpayers money) the rest is funded by the royal family.

Its basically like telling your boss that your only going to come to work a couple of days a year but still want your annual salary.

and yes they did work for the monarchy. That was their job

no job, no pay, that's the way it works for the rest of us.

Read the damn articles ! It’s a process to unentangle yourself from Royal funds.. and they both say they are working towards independence.

Geeez... another hater

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Oh wow, awesome, another thread on Harry and his bride, just so great

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
I dont know why people care so much about this. Just a couple rich spoiled bastards that mean nothing to most of us.

I already answered this further up the page, this is what i said.........

THEY COST US .......Are we getting our moneys worth

Or are we getting *A pig in a poke*?

Definition
DescriptionA pig in a poke is a thing that is bought without first being inspected, and thus of unknown authenticity or quality. The idiom is attested in 1555: I wyll neuer bye the pyg in the poke Thers many a foule pyg in a feyre cloke A "poke" is a bag, so the image is of a concealed item being sold. Wikipedia

OK?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I want to read the title of this as the markle debarkle. I care nothing about the people involved in royal families. Reading the title incorrectly made me laugh.

😂

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Dunno is it just me regarding the letter Meg wrote, 5 pages full of hate and making sure old man feels extremely hurt after reading it...

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

THEY COST US .......Are we getting our moneys worth

I get the feeling that not many U.S. people understand the Constitutional role and obligations of the monarchy, nor the Constitutional obligations -- i.e., taxes paid for their upkeep! -- of the UK to the monarchy.

That may change if/when U.S. taxpayers find out she wants Trump to pay for their security to live in California...the sanctuary state!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Dunno is it just me regarding the letter Meg wrote, 5 pages full of hate and making sure old man feels extremely hurt after reading it...

Nope... it's not just you. I cringed for her father. The man is recovering from heart surgery and this is what he gets???

Dad's made his fair share of mistakes, but he didn't deserve this.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Reminder....

Please Go after the ball not the player.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Wait a minute - National Lampoon's European Vacation was on TV last night.... I think the TV show they won at the beginning was called Pig in a Poke!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

That's it! They go into candy and sell Markle Brickle.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

According to those two articles they are actively working on financial independence but extracting oneself from Royal money, investments, and inheritances is not easy, and takes time. They were prohibited from earning a professional income as Royals, and wish to change that.

He still wants to keep his allowance from his fathers estate, which is in

England. He still wants to keep his *cottage* where the taxpayer subsidised

some of the cost of renovations.

What about protection, Will he pay for that its not cheap.

They have yet to reveal exactly how they intend to become financially independent, but they have said, on their official website, that they "value the ability to earn a professional income, which in the current structure they are prohibited from doing."

Ah yes their website where they have patented the Royal name almost a

year ago......... Trading on what they say they dont want

I've only one word for ^^^that^^^ TACKY

edit on 15-1-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok.. so the fact of the matter is some folks have decided they don’t like Meghan and she is the reason for all the decisions being made by Harry and herself.

I think it’s really demeaning to Prince Harry that people would think he is so stupid as to get manipulated by a woman. It’s not like this is his first rodeo in a relationship and he must have asked to marry her for a reason.

I just think it’s sad.. all the judgements they have to endure.. all the money in the world can’t make that easy.
I don’t blame them one bit for wanting out of the spotlight more... though they will always live in a fishbowl to an extent.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, okay... but in my experience, those who close their minds to information because they don't like the messenger are only doing themselves a disservice. In this particular case, the Daily Mail is referencing actual written documents -- filed in a court of law -- that can be read and confirmed by anyone and everyone.

Not really, there's reputable news sources out there that are not constantly at dispute with the Royal family. One's not owned by that Australian cretin.

Harry and Meghan said so.

When? Unfortunately they're people of fame and one way or another they'll need protecting. As far as I know nothing has been released on how they'll actually leave the Royal family. I'd assume they'd be giving up their titles too.

Actually, no, they do not have their own wealth... they are supported by the Royal Family and estates, particularly Prince Charles.

You do not know their personal wealth. You know of their entitlement due to their position. Technically no different than the expenses an MP, Prime Minister, diplomat or President would be entitled to.

No, it's not unprecendented.

So instead of wild speculation why not look up what precedence has been set by past events?

The "fuss" is about them wanting to get paid but not wanting to do the job. And the completely shady and disrespectful way they went about it.

I'm not seeing it. Can you provide links that is difficult to take out of context? Can you provide personal statements of Harry and Meghan?

It might be so to you, but to the taxpayers of Britain (and Canada) who are expected to fund these grifters, it is very important. I'm thinking you wouldn't be too happy about Trump/Obama paying Ivanka/Malia with taxpayer dollars to do nothing... while commercializing and capitalizing on the presidency...

I don't think I've ever commented on the finances of the presidency bit I have been vocal about MPs in the UK. I'm not a fan of people swindling the UK economy whilst the peasants get pennies. However I'm not ignorant to the fact that sometimes these expenses are actually needed.

Things like witness protection, rehoming of convicts, bodyguards for ex leaders of importance etc etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Ok.. so the fact of the matter is some folks have decided they don’t like Meghan and she is the reason for all the decisions being made by Harry and herself.

I really think 99% of people were prepared/wanted to and did like her, I was

one of them! but like fools gold the shine began to wear off and the true worth

began to show.

I think it’s really demeaning to Prince Harry that people would think he is so stupid as to get manipulated by a woman. It’s not like this is his first rodeo in a relationship and he must have asked to marry her for a reason.

You know what they say about a man in love, he doesn't think in his head

he gets led................

I just think it’s sad.. all the judgements they have to endure.. all the money in the world can’t make that easy.

Sadly ALL the money in the world wont buy what Harry needs.

His gold star is crumbling to ashes.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Look at all the hype, they could do exclusive interviews and be made for life if they wanted to. Then the books, the reality TV shows, the movies.

Once separated from the Royal family they'll be minted.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join