It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NCAA championship game turns into largest Trump rally yet.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Welfare Queen? Really? So how did you extrapolate that from the graph?

Seriously? You cant figure that out? South Carolina gets close to $8 from the Treasury for every $1 it puts in.

Could be why your State is at the near bottom of the graph. All those payouts.

These are Federal programs outlined in the graph, like Welfare, WIC, etc. You know, people on the dole. It's even funnier you're trying to use a fictional TV show to prove a point. You gonna cite The Flintstones next?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you believe that? Its impossible. So tell me how the States books are balanced? SC must take in a lot of tourism $$$ along with $$ from DC. Could be big $$$ from large businesses.

Your hung on up on it. I could care less about that graph.

All I know is that a lot of industry is hidden here. Huge international corporations in huge manufacturing plants.

All I know is that I moved from New York State and property tax went from $11,000 to $4,058 annually. Electric and natural gas from $600 to $250 per month. Water is $89 month. I just bought gasoline at $2.18 a gallon at Sam's Club. Food is cheaper. Sales tax is high at 9%

You?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I didnt get to watch it because
1. The Ohio State Buckeyes were robbed of a win
2. It was on way to late here in the UK

BUT , that a damn fine rep of what peeps are really feeling. I cant think of ANY Dem candidate that isnt a paper tiger.

Killing that POS Iranian General did it for me. The ME understands and respects one thing and one thing only.....A BIG FRICKIN STICK. And Tman smacked em with a sequoia tree sized bat.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

While in Louisiana, it was not a "home" game for the tigers

Your are being disingenuous. LSU is a 90 minute drive up the road on 10 from New Orleans. Call it "neutral" on a work night? Right. Here's the latest:

Crush of LSU fans makes New Orleans feel like 'another country,' Clemson player says

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So you believe that? Its impossible. So tell me how the States books are balanced? SC must take in a lot of tourism $$$ along with $$ from DC. Could be big $$$ from large businesses.

You obviously STILL don't understand that chart. It's showing which states get the most in Federal handouts versus how much they pay into the Treasury.

Property taxes, tourism and the like don't factor in, this is purely how much you mooches pay and how much you mooches take in return, which is quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Please don't believe everything that is published out there as an absolute. Something is wrong with the numbers. In my opinion the chart from 2017 doesn't add up. To me its like those bull sheet story's on MSN of the best places to live, eat, work. Much is outright fabrication or skewed information.

You want to believe that fine. Go to you grave with it.

You attached an archived chart from one of your older posts in October 2019. You intentionally never provided the background information to support you view. I read the article last updated from 2017 about 5 minutes ago. Since you didn't reveal your source I had to look it up. The Atlantic. Here's the link

The Atlantic

Business Which States Are Givers and Which Are Takers? And is that even the correct way to frame the question? John Tierney May 5, 2014 Updated on March 8, 2017

osted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:13 PM link quote reply originally posted by: dfnj2015 It will never happen because the red states enjoy sucking up blue state federal tax contributions. The top ten states that are mooches and the top ten states that are net contributors to the Federal Government in tax dollars are split amongst both red and blue states: The super-egregious one is obviously South Carolina, the welfare queen of the Republic, they get close to $8 back for every one they put in.

The article and graph doesn't make any sense financially. Florida is at the top along with Hawaii? All that tourism? Nah. To me the Atlantic is using numbers that are skewed to rile the masses.

That gravy train as depicted doesn't exist, if it does indeed exist would have been shut down years ago by the Democrats. What I do know is that SC or the South cannot raise taxes to the levels in New York, or New Jersey. Never.

Mooches?

edit on 14-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 14-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The article and graph doesn't make any sense financially. Florida is at the top along with Hawaii? All that tourism?

What does tourism have to do with how many people are leeching off the system? It shows Federal money paid.

What I do know is that SC or the South cannot raise taxes to the levels in New York, or New Jersey.

It has nothing to do with state taxes, property or income, it's about Federal tax dollars collected by state and how much the money grubbers take by state. South Carolina is the welfare queen of the Republic in that regard.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

AG, I am NOT going into a deep dive on this to prove myself right or wrong. I have my view and you have yours fine. I just want to state my view of what I think is going on here. To me what I pay to live her is like a joke as in peanuts as to when I lived in NY.

What I do know is this. I have lived up North and Deep South. Property taxes are through the roof in New York and New Jersey and low in South Carolina along with utilities, gasoline, and other sundries.

South Carolina or any Southern State outside of North Carolina will never have taxes as high as the Northern States. Why, because the economic scales are not equalized. So $1 in NY is not the same as $1 in South Carolina. Meaning its almost as if another we live in a third world foreign country. I cant speak correct on this I am just trying to point out a view of what I see. NY population is 19.54 million @ 4% unemployment with SC @ 5.084 million @ 2.4% unemployment. NY @ 572,000 on welfare versus SC @ 703,000 SNAP benefits.

$50,570 The current median household income for South Carolina is $50,570. South Carolina State Household Income | Department of ... www.deptofnumbers.com... › income › south-carolina

You can live like a king on that income here!

My point is that something ain't right. I am not going against you. Just saying the numbers are not weighted correctly.

edit on 14-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Property taxes are through the roof in New York and New Jersey and low in South Carolina along with utilities, gasoline, and other sundries.

Did you read the article? That's because you're being subsidized by the makers.

But why you mad, bro? If I were you I'd be laughing and pointing my finger at people like me and saying, "Hah-hah, look at me! I have a Bimmer, a phat gold chain and a tattoo that says 'no regerts' because your dumb ass is paying for it!!"

Be proud, use our hard earned money to buy a 55 gallon drum of Dew, visit your local Walter White for daily 'medicine' and basically take advantage of being Queen Mooch of America. Do it right, son, do it right.

edit on 14-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
and the tigers have won.....

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
I got a good feeling watching that last night. It's great to see some solidarity amongst us as well as a message to the haters to go pound sand. Any boo's were drowned out from the cheering and chanting. Was a good reminder of how fortunate I was to be an American citizen.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
and the tigers have won.....

I knew the Tigers were going to win, LOL. A bit bummed my Sooners weren't there though.

edit on 14-1-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I didn't say it wasn't like a home game for me the Tigers. Perhaps you misread my post, I said that the same number of tickets are allotted to each school for the student body.

Public tickets are extremely expensive and believe it or not, hard to come by. But each school is provided equal access to tickets. Two daily direct flights not normally operating flew between Orleans and Clemson.

They had a large presence at the game and I have no doubt's that Clemson fans were outnumbered in the quarter. Promise you that the majority did not get into the game but partied all day, tickets the cheap ones went for a thousand.

Unprecedented security too since the President was to attend. If not inside the stadium before 4 you we're not getting in the parking lot since the interstate was closed along with surface streets due to motorcade.

LSU fans are known to travel too meaning they would have had a large presence wherever it was. But tickets are divided equally period

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I don't care to look at that face either.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, he does have his face painted in Clemson colors so I get why they'd be cheering.

True, but at this point in time he's the only person of color out of all running against him.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
True, but at this point in time he's the only person of color out of all running against him.

Ooooo, you get a star for that one, funny.

See, tight asses? You can have fun with this topic.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My God, was I happy! I saw an article on Reddit about this and they accused the all the fans chanting racist!

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Frankly, I'm saddened by how the Mods let SniffMyPit get away with this thread drift.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, he does have his face painted in Clemson colors so I get why they'd be cheering.

Hilarious

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
lol it went on for 3 pages?

roflamo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join