It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failing a loved one with brain cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Concentrate on the positive. You have time left with her and make the best of it. enjoy the time you have left together, and if she lives a long time, you will have lots of good time together. It doesn't have to be a bad experience, a challenge it is for sure, but if your attitude is good, it is catchy, everyone feels better.

My mother had a stroke that paralyzed her left side for her last fifteen years of life and she had a positive attitude, even though her life took a hundred eighty degree turn. She was actually fun to be around and my stepfather and her were active yet. She had to quit working, but still liked to cook. They bought some special stuff so she could do things, like a potato peeler, and some special cutting boards for doing veggies. She had a good wheelchair and because she was most always in a good mood, friends and relatives picked her up to go church and shopping. She got a little religious, but that helped her to enjoy her suffering, to have a positive attitude.

You are the one who needs to be positive to keep her attitude up and in a while, she will be positive and that will make you feel even better. I do not like antidepressants but some people do need them, if they feel they do, then that is ok. You need to do what you have to do. But remember, antidepressants block some of our cognative abilities so it may make it harder when she is home and needs help. Some peope detox them more than others. Diet can control depression to a certain point, but attitude is the biggest way to adjust it. If you do go on antidepressants, make sure to have someone you know watch you and let you know if you are having negative effects overall. You may not be able to tell yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I suppose kemo is an attempt at killing it. Wonder how that has worked for people, trying to kill something which is more adaptive at surviving then its surrounding organisms?

I had another kind of cancer and that was years ago. I had chemo and radiation and it worked for me.
edit on 12-1-2020 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Have YOU or your family starved cancer by not eating sugar? If not then please dont suggest bullsh*t.

There are methods that help with cancer but 80% of them are bull#. Its not easy to filter out and takes thousands of hours of no sleeping and then when you know so much and can actually start helping your loved one, its too late cause they are in a position of no return.

Dont suggest BS from internet. Only suggest when you have experience.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TeeMko
Sorry brah! Never had cancer.

But to much of an intake of sugar, is not good for ya. I know that first hand, and many people know it world wide. As for the cure for cancer. Ah who knows. Whatever else you read in my previous post. I was mostly talking about Bigfoot. And like I said more then a few time. Try whatever works for you all, chemo, magic pills, whatever. Try one or try all. Its not like this is a one size fits all type of deal.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Din't say it does not work. However if it did work for you. You likely caught it before it became serious. And well. Ask to OP, likely different type of cancer and area, and whole different ballgame. What are the stats of it working anyways? Wasnt it like 50/50, for some it worked for some it didn't. It all just depends.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Mine was a stage 4.
Cancer is different for everyone. My heart goes out to anyone who has to go through this.

(post by PetersonJafery removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So where are we, after 33 sessions of radio therapy my soulmate has lost her hair and is feeling tired all the time, we now have a month break before chemo therapy starts, in 2 months we will have another MRI scan and be informed how succesful the treatment has been in slowing down the tumor.

Myself I am now on anti depressents and have been reffered for counciling, all I can say to anyone who may be going through similar is take the help, this diesease is all consuming, it eats away at your mind body and soul. Not one minute goes by without being hit by the cancer train of thought, its so hard to remain positive and strong.

One day I hope there will be a cure I never thought it would happen to my family, if you can make a change in your life to better your health, DO IT...DO IT NOW, being healthy is all you need in this world to find happiness, please make a change in your own lifestyle for the better.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

When you think that you can't keep going: just keep going.

Here is the first, in a series of 3 or 4 docs.
Hope you and your partner enjoy : Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds - Part 1 - Akasha

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join