It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

But if we dropped a bomb there then we missed our target by a lot.

When you say miss, you mean missing by 10 feet right?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The 737 definitely came down in pieces. There's nothing recognizable left in any of the pictures I've seen.

Doesn't make sense.

Do aircraft breakup like that unless shot down?

If shot down, why claim technical, why not immediately point blame (to the US), or try to point blame?

Coincidences like that don't happen. Look on flightradar how many airplanes are airborne at any given moment and how many of them glow orange, above Iran when Iran launches missiles

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The post I replied to asked who shot it down. Hence, my reply.

Well the US didn't shoot it down lol

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

plane went down 4ish hours after the missile launches and they had announced they were done

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

IF it was an accident(I'm not saying it was), then it wouldn't matter how many missiles Iran fired tonight. Accidents happen where and when they happen regardless.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
2x earthquakes, 13 missiles , a downed airliner, a stampede, Iran is looking very much a state of desperation and a farce, god help them if they think they can threaten neighborhood forces and a surrounding army

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

downing of a civilian airliner always esclates things plus there isnt a passenger manifest yet so we dont know the nationalities of the passengers ,say a few Americans/french/german/isreali etc were on board

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intuitive
2x earthquakes, 13 missiles , a downed airliner, a stampede, Iran is looking very much a state of desperation and a farce, god help them if they think they can threaten neighborhood forces and a surrounding army
Yeaj no kidding, that went down ugly.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: Agit8dChop

plane went down 4ish hours after the missile launches and they had announced they were done

I haven't seen any time lines yet, but i know the plane was already down before it was reported as it appears Tehran had a block on outgoing information while they were launching.

it felt a lot closer than 4hrs

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, it's possible. Aircraft accidents don't give a crap what's happening around them. It's also extremely possible, and likely it was shot down. But until it's confirmed we can't rule out accident.

I'll give you .0001 percent it blew up on takeoff... You and I know aircraft just do not blow up.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Most likely a spook on board trying to leave before they got found out

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

downing of a civilian airliner always esclates things plus there isnt a passenger manifest yet so we dont know the nationalities of the passengers ,say a few Americans/french/german/isreali etc were on board

The only escalation is showing their incompetence. The US is not going to attack because they accidentally shot down a 737 just taking off from their main airport.

All this is a win win for the US, as we do nothing in the end.

link   
Interesting sunrise in the Gulf region maybe off topic....maybe not

link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
edit - tweet has been removed.

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!
Why not try a search to find something else?

#BREAKING: 60 rounds now. 20 US casualties have been confirmed. More news coming in a bit. Follow and turn notifications on. One Iraqi journalist says: “It’s messed now. A war will begin.”

this twitter feed is usually reliable..
hopefully this time they're wrong

erm...fake news much? Don't forget, cyberwar is the now horizon.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, the good news for my son, and his fellow soldiers.. it appears they did not get hurt, or killed sigh.. We can’t allow Iran, to do stuff like this again, even after the threats. Thanks for those that gave good wishes and prayers.. good night.

link   
how long does it usualy take for a passenger manifest to get out? i assume they would want to notify families first

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

The 737 definitely came down in pieces. There's nothing recognizable left in any of the pictures I've seen.

Doesn't make sense.

Do aircraft breakup like that unless shot down?

If shot down, why claim technical, why not immediately point blame (to the US), or try to point blame?

Why claim technical issues?

You think it looks good to admit your armed forces just accidentally shot down 180 innocent civilians - especially when a US air attack could be coming at any minute?

As far as blaming the US - there are no US forces in Tehran - and if they were they would not be shooting at Ukranian Airliners.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

IF it was an accident(I'm not saying it was), then it wouldn't matter how many missiles Iran fired tonight. Accidents happen where and when they happen regardless.

Agree, doesn't make then look good anyway we look at it and bullet proof Trump walks away from all this without a speck of # on him as a ton of # was flying all over the place...lol

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

What is the chances an American was on board...I gave Zaphod58 .0001 percent chance it blew up due to mechanical failure...I'll need to add a few more zeros to that to suggest an American was on board.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Somebody wrote it was like America was fighting against the 3 stooges,i believe theyr'e were right
Iran lost Politically and militarily.
And the US didn't have to lift a finger
edit on 7-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join