It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

This was the post I replied to first.

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
unconfrimed from agenda free tv that the aircraft may have been shot down accidently but again NO confirmation but if true would be pretty big escalation on part of iran even if accidental

By whom? Is this 655 all over again?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You're speaking as if this is going to happen. That worries me.

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Their best confirmed system is the equivalent of the S300 built by Russia. There is speculation that they got a bastardized S400, but nothing confirmed. Their A2/AD is nothing to sneeze at, and if we aren't careful it's going to hurt, but it's not on par with a peer adversary. Our SEAD pilots are in for a time though.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

i don't think Iran or Iraq will stand down,they want us to leave.

edit on 7-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Missed your previous reply.

Their best confirmed system is the equivalent of the S300 built by Russia. There is speculation that they got a bastardized S400, but nothing confirmed. Their A2/AD is nothing to sneeze at, and if we aren't careful it's going to hurt, but it's not on par with a peer adversary. Our SEAD pilots are in for a time though.

Thank you.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So we chop up a terrorist mastermind with a missile

Iran goes crazy and 60 people die in his funeral.

Iran tries to retaliate against our bases, with little damage (apparently)

And then Iran shoots down its own plane with 170+ aboard

Hey Iran! Karma is a beaotch! Keep it up!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

dont forget what looks like 2 earthquakes suspiciously close to their nuclear reactor and from agenda free news the plane was 3.6 years old...... is this like common for such young planes?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'm expecting at least another Praying Mantis type response. There's too much happening too fast, with too many people that won't back down pushing things.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Not common by any means, but not unheard of either.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I'm expecting at least another Praying Mantis type response. There's too much happening too fast, with too many people that won't back down pushing things.

That's what's concerning.

:/

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The 737 definitely came down in pieces. There's nothing recognizable left in any of the pictures I've seen.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yea no doubt, I grew up in the military the dod will, not let an attack on a us base go unpunished. Especially with a republican potus. That will send us into the unknown thou. Guess we will just have to sit back and watch, but I would be shocked if we do not respond conventionally.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This smells like a FAKE attack. Something the US and Iran arranged to save face.

Maybe

we'll see

Went you say fake you mean that Iran is just posturing, right? The President is not going to do a thing and Iran will look bad in the end... Sorry Willtell that is how it will end. ME is all about posturing/saving face etc That is what they need to do with their own troubles they are dealing with in their own country.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The 737 definitely came down in pieces. There's nothing recognizable left in any of the pictures I've seen.

Doesn't make sense.

Do aircraft breakup like that unless shot down?

If shot down, why claim technical, why not immediately point blame (to the US), or try to point blame?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

With any luck we'll see a repeat of Praying Mantis. Well blow some stuff up, they'll blow some stuff up, we'll ignore something and give them a chance to back down, and they'll take it.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm thinking (guessing) that when Iran realized they'd accidentally shot down a passenger plane, they stopped their missile launches and called it a day.

daylight in Iraq (8am) so photos of the base should be coming shortly.

link   

There are some mechanical failures that will cause an explosion similar to a bomb. We saw that a couple years ago with EgyptAir, when fire brought down an A321 near Greece.

link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ya the chances are about zero that an earthquake would happen at/near Iran's nuclear plant at this exact time
and the airliner down is a very worrisome development ,too coincidental
things must still be in-play
I don't think this is over :/

Actually 2 earthquakes... Maybe God is sending a message to them...lol

I think we will do nothing, as in they are inconsequential to us.... Now that is power...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The vast majority of aircraft accidents occur on takeoff and landing. The crew is busiest then, and may suffer from overload, making mistakes. And the reaction time is significantly reduced.

And then it could happen right went a country launches 12 missiles...lol

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
unconfrimed from agenda free tv that the aircraft may have been shot down accidently but again NO confirmation but if true would be pretty big escalation on part of iran even if accidental

They shoot down an airliner... Not sure what they would escalate....

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, it's possible. Aircraft accidents don't give a crap what's happening around them. It's also extremely possible, and likely it was shot down. But until it's confirmed we can't rule out accident.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join