It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I was expecting blame to be laid at any time.

But yeah, the timing is suspicious. I mean, sometimes a pig is really just a pig, but if it starts quacking it bears considering different possibilities.

(And that probably didn't make a lot of sense... time for all good little rednecks to go beddy bye)

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The vast majority of aircraft accidents occur on takeoff and landing. The crew is busiest then, and may suffer from overload, making mistakes. And the reaction time is significantly reduced.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But..I mean...couldn't he?

I didn't think of that until you said it but it's not impossible.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If the above is true
I think its safe to go out on a limb and assume the nuclear plant has been struck
...which would pollute the region

Im sure Trump’s sound asleep, shows over.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
a reply to: TheRedneck

3) Trump knew about and signed off on this before it happened as a way for both sides to agree on de-escalation.

Best possible outcome.

Will make for a great Trump re-election campaign commerical too!

"Want War with Iran and Powerful Terrorist leaders killing our sons and daughters? Elect a Democrat and watch what happens."

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy

But..I mean...couldn't he?

I didn't think of that until you said it but it's not impossible.

Oh lord, when my satire gets taken seriously, either you need to quit sniffing glue or I need to start.

link   
a reply to: all2human

But if we dropped a bomb there then we missed our target by a lot.

That doesn't look good for us. Why would we miss at all? Did iran stop us?
edit on 7-1-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

link   
NVM
edit on 7-1-2020 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Glad you joined us.

I wanted your opinion on this:

Our pilots are the best in the world, but Iran has some extremely sophisticated A2/AD (anti access/area denial) capability that poses a significant risk to our fighters.

From this post of mine:

originally posted by: Liquesence

Our pilots are the best in the world, but Iran has some extremely sophisticated A2/AD (anti access/area denial) capability that poses a significant risk to our fighters.

Twitter

What say you (Zaphod)?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
unconfrimed from agenda free tv that the aircraft may have been shot down accidently but again NO confirmation but if true would be pretty big escalation on part of iran even if accidental

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
unconfrimed from agenda free tv that the aircraft may have been shot down accidently but again NO confirmation but if true would be pretty big escalation on part of iran even if accidental

By whom? Is this 655 all over again?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Apparent footage of the plane on fire..

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said it would ban US carriers from operating in the airspace over Iraq, Iran, the Gulf of Oman and the waters between Iran and Saudi Arabia after Iran launched a missile attack on US-led forces in Iraq. Tehran fired more than a dozen ballistic missiles from Iranian territory against at least two Iraqi military bases hosting US-led coalition personnel, the US military said on Tuesday. The FAA said it issued the airspace ban “due to heightened military activities and increased political tensions in the Middle East, which present an inadvertent risk to US civil aviation operations”.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

This is a target Israel has wanted removed for quite some time,and its a perfect opportunity to do so.
not my opinion,but there ya go
If you mean 'MISS', I have no idea the whole timing thing is just bizzar, i hope i'm totally wrong
edit on 7-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

no clue some one tweeted it at him and some one said it was accidentally shot down but again that is from some random on twitter

no one knows offically why it went down but video of it on fire before crashing ,could have just been an engine failure

(post by BoscoMoney removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
on the EQ's near the nuke plant could this be another Stuxnet like thing? waaaaaaaaaaay out of my level of expertise

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

no clue some one tweeted it at him and some one said it was accidentally shot down but again that is from some random on twitter

no one knows offically why it went down but video of it on fire before crashing ,could have just been an engine failure

The reports I have seen have indicated it was technical, even reports from Iran (unconfirmed).

You got a link saying otherwise, even if unreliable on Twitter?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wouldn't it be fun if everything that happened from here on out was reported as "an accident"?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join