It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

JUST IN: A defense official tells @ABC
News that based on initial reports Iran fired a total of 15 ballistic missiles.

• 10 hit Al Asad Airbase in western Iraq.
• 1 hit Erbil in northern Iraq.
• 4 "failed in flight."

ABC Twitter

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I did get some good news on my end. I had four people close to me in the military. One is home on leave and now stationed in Georgia. Another is in the reserve after doing his 5 years. A third is now home on disability. No final word on the fourth, but last we heard she was stationed in Germany... so she's likely safe.

That doesn't make me less concerned for the ones who are there, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Rumors flying that the U.S. (and some allies) will target Iranian oil facilities !! 🎯

I wouldn't shed a tear if that puts the NIOC(National Iranian Oil Company) out of business.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good to hear.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I put money on it it's people of a specific age group who aren't eligible to go do any of the actual fighting

Your age group?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Iranian official tweeting this was an act of self defense

Iranian official full of crap.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Javad Zarif
@JZarif
·
7m
Iran took & concluded proportionate measures in self-defense under Article 51 of UN Charter targeting base from which cowardly armed attack against our citizens & senior officials were launched.

We do not seek escalation or war, but will defend ourselves against any aggression.

So all this was aggressive posturing and saber rattling, "We angry at US! Argh!"

Ok this was lame and costly for iran.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thank you. Sincerely. Thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I cannot believe 90% of you all!! Your under a psychological spell and need to seriously wake up from the mind control. You are SERIOUSLY going to be mad at Iran and beat the war drums? Are you kidding me? Learn some history about Iran and the 1950's for one. Hypocrites to the highest degree! If any country deserves to be DELETED it's US. Suck up your fake pride and admit it!!!! Stop lying to yourselves!

Well, go for it then.

*shrugs*

Figured there'd be some anti-American posters on here.

The neat part is, we will protect your right to hate us.

Go for what? I don't hate my country, but I do hate how it is run. Can't hate a piece of land.

Keep stating that, Kevin.

Maybe someone will believe it.

Not sure why you think I am some "Kevin". I really do not know what your talking about. That I don't hate the country? I am confused.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Your not going to drone strike the enemy into submission, that is a fantasy Call of Duty mentality.

I don't think anyone suggested that was the case. A drone strike on Iran's dictators wouldn't be about droning them into submission. It would be about killing them, galvanizing Iranian resistance, and deterring other crazy dictators.
I personally didn't even suggest we should drone Iran's top leadership. I just said a drone strike is not equal to a full blown invasion/nation building mission, which it isn't. For some reason you're not understanding that.

I'm not sure why you can't understand that? You can't press a little joystick button and 'poof'....ohhhh Iran will capitulate now. We tried that in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

After numerous responses, you still can't comprehend the most basic of concepts. A FULL BLOWN LAND INVASION IS NOT EQUAL TO A DRONE STRIKE. It's what you claimed. In fact, when you got called on it, you acted like you weren't originally responding to a comment that was specifically talking about a drone strike. Now you're just tripling down on it because you're a blowhard and that's what blowhards do.

link   
Trump Tweets:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
2m
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

I know.

Bless your heart.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I cannot believe 90% of you all!! Your under a psychological spell and need to seriously wake up from the mind control. You are SERIOUSLY going to be mad at Iran and beat the war drums? Are you kidding me? Learn some history about Iran and the 1950's for one. Hypocrites to the highest degree! If any country deserves to be DELETED it's US. Suck up your fake pride and admit it!!!! Stop lying to yourselves!

Prior 11b

Could I please offer you a different perspective.

Looking at the history you speak of is to look at the history of the Deep State. Their goal has always been to keep the world at war.

President Trump is not Deep State.

Iran is under the control of the Deep State. Why do you think they received pallets of cash in the recent past.

This war is Deep State vs President Trump.

This is a very different war scenario for Iran. They have never tried to go up against a first rate enemy. They let their proxies do all of the dying.

Well, a dose of reality is coming their way.

P

You should research Trump a little more. The names and entities backing him make the deep state look like Antifa. Research the jesuits. Research where trump went to school, check out the 3 who backed his campaign, etc etc. Check the pope out too.
edit on 7-1-2020 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Just tweeted........

Trump - twitter

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

A country is not just a piece of land. It is the people who inhabit that land and their culture. To wish destruction on a country is to wish destruction on an entire people and their way of life.

To do so on the Internet anonymously is the definition of cowardly ignorance.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes, all is well.

link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: toysforadults

I can't imagine what Iran is thinking in retaliating like this.
If US Servicemen and women have been killed this could quite easily be the excuse Trump and the US Military Complex have wanted.

And its truly disturbing that so many people seem to be lapping this up and positively drooling at the prospect of war.

maybe this...

Iran clearly sees recent events as an end-of-days scenario. On Sunday, for the first time in history, the Iranians raised a red flag, symbolizing a call for vengeance over the Holy Dome Jamkarān Mosque in Qom. The call has end-of-days significance as the mosque is dedicated to the “Final Imam” the Shiite Muslims believe is the Mahdi, the messianic figure that will appear alongside Isa, the Muslim Jesus, killing all the infidels in order to prepare the world for the ultimate arrival of the Messiah.

link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Some understand that pacifying violent religous extremists only emboldens them. Others don't.

link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Trump Tweets:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
2m
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
39k likes to 5k response post, extremely positive.

Love the fact our President communicates with us, I've been looking forward to his tweets.

Edit001: 64k Likes to 10k response post in just a couple mins, wow.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
wow
If true,that all the missiles missed their targets and no American was killed then this must have been the plan.
great outcome if true, but its not over yet
who knows

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join