It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You can't not lay this mess at Trump's feet. There are consequences to the maximum pressure campaign that Trump has launched against Iran.

Yep, it’s called getting rid of the Iranian regime, and it will be happening one way or another soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sure it was. Ferguson wasn't burning a foreign embassy. If they had, guess what, it would have been an act of war. Embassies are sovereign territory, who are supposed to have their safety guaranteed by the host country.

Isn't the host country asking the occupying army to leave?

If they would've asked nicer, maybe the old bastard wouldn't have had to die.
edit on 2-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

(post by Sabrechucker removed for a manners violation)

link   

That has nothing to do with the embassy. As long as an embassy is operated by whatever country owns it, it's there territory and is supposed to be protected by the host country. Any attack on it, whether it's a protest or not, can be considered an act of war.

link   

originally posted by: silo13
He once described himself as being the 'sole authority for Iranian actions in Iraq'...

Then went on to mock our President.

*Wink*

Not anymore.

It's strange how we never hear of these terrorist murderers until one of them is snuffed out. I had never heard of Bhagdaddy or Solemani before we sent them to the land of 10k virgins.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
"Yeah but guise, America is bad mmmkay."

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

You can't not lay this mess at Trump's feet. There are consequences to the maximum pressure campaign that Trump has launched against Iran.

Yep, it’s called getting rid of the Iranian regime, and it will be happening one way or another soon.

BINGO! The Iranian people hate them, We hate them, and China/Russia gives us their blessings to remove the Mullah Terrorists from this life.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

last i looked neither iran or hezbollah belongs in iraq attacking foreign embassies.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just cannot help ourselves, can we? We've GOT to agitate the hornet's nest the Middle East is to try to convince people we still need to be there, don't we?

Problem is, not a lot of people buy into that anymore other than the minority hardliners. I know plenty of very conservative folks, and not one god damn one of them thinks we need to stick around the ME any more, and that we should let it exterminate itself. They do JUST FINE getting rid of themselves with tribal conflicts and sect conflicts.

I'd be extremely suspicious of anything Israel says at this point. Extremely. Mossad has their fingers in as much destabilizing crap as the CIA does, and I don't trust that lot as far as I can throw 'em, either.
edit on 1/2/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wonder what Trumps transits are right now

Gemini had mars move into the the 7th house today...

+3 more 
link   

How about taking direct action against an enemy state that has been dicking with us since they attacked our embassy in the 70's?

How about being sick of their shi-ite and not taking it any more?

This doesn't have to be about another war, or even oil.

How about finally taking action after they killed and harmed Americans?

Or we could send them a fruit basket, say, "Sorry" and hope they don't unfriend us on Facebook.

+2 more 
link   

But, the embassy protest wasn't an attack, like an act of war. It was a protest, that was violent, not unlike violent protests on our own soil. It was a reaction to us air strikes on Iraqis. The USA just doesn't willy nilly order the assassination of opposition leaders or a nation's official leader, and a general, because he was on the scene of a violent protest, that didn't breach the compound.

Iran could have used you in 1979 for PR.........

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: silo13
He once described himself as being the 'sole authority for Iranian actions in Iraq'...

Then went on to mock our President.

*Wink*

Not anymore.

It's strange how we never hear of these terrorist murderers until one of them is snuffed out. I had never heard of Bhagdaddy or Solemani before we sent them to the land of 10k virgins.

It must depend on how close you follow what's going on 'over there'.
I'm not even so much 'in the know' and I knew (of) those SOB's.
There are a lot of people who're celebrating his death, and the death of his son-in-law - and you can bet the majority of those people aren't in America (Iranians).
edit on 3956Thursday202013 by silo13 because: wasn't done

link   

pretty sure the majority of Americans support our military actions on both sides. if there was no such support our military budget would be protested in a big way.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
#BREAKING - State television in #Iran has cut off all broadcasts and is displaying pictures of Soleimani on repeat with prayers (NBC)

#BREAKING : Iran convenes meeting of its National Council to decide how to respond to Soleimani’s assassination

#BREAKING - Sources in #Iran stating that all chances of negotiations with the United States are now over, and talk has now moved to "revenge" (NYT)

#BREAKING : Two US Department of Defence sources tell @Newsweek that Patriot air defence batteries in Bahrain have been put on alert posture- via @JimLaPorta

lots of info being thrown around, who know's whats truth.
edit on 2/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How about taking direct action against an enemy state that has been dicking with us since they attacked our embassy in the 70's?

How about being sick of their shi-ite and not taking it any more?

This doesn't have to be about another war, or even oil.

How about finally taking action after they killed and harmed Americans?

Or we could send them a fruit basket, say, "Sorry" and hope they don't unfriend us on Facebook.

How about just cutting our f#g losses and coming home? Leave the Middle East to it's own demise on it's own terms.

Close the embassies, and GTFO. It's a downhill battle over there that can never be won, and we'd be wiser to just admit it.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

When we bring our boys/girls home, the Liberals whine that we're "abandoning our closest allies".

(post by Dwarfpoo removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Sure, and leave Israel to some real sweet neighbors.

Maybe they'll have a quilting party or do a craft table together on Etsy.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

While that BIG MEETING is occurring, the U.S. should send in the drones!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join