It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York UN Office Recruits Paramilitary Troops for ‘Disarmament’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Teflon filled polyurethane used in military and commercial aircraft painting, is used on leading edges and other surfaces. It is extremely impact resistant and this also translates to being an extreme barrier penetrant.

The inventor of the ammo said in a 1990 interview that it was a soft teflon compound so not this stuff you keep going on about.

It's illegal to put that on bullets in some states. That should tell you something.

Yeah, and putting black paint on guns makes them extra deadly.

Do you honestly believe NBC or any other pathetic MSM anti gun spewing media is going to say "hey look kids, this stuff really works awesome on bullets, look what it does to Mr. Police mans' Kevlar!"
Of course it is going to be debunked.

Why not? Isn't that an anti-gun stance?
edit on 3-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: yuppa
SO I was partially right but that only matters in horseshoes and handgrenades.

You were not at all right as the information shows.

So you didnt read the links either eh? I said the coating ON A Bullet made of another material than lead seemed to ad penetration. of course you didnt quote the entire post and once again cherry pick. Are you always so dishonest?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

A SOFT teflon coating that inventor said. No corruption said if you used a HARDER VERSION with a diffrent make up that it can increase penetration though from what i understand. HE should know since he is a freaking engineer right?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

A SOFT teflon coating that inventor said. No corruption said if you used a HARDER VERSION with a diffrent make up that it can increase penetration though from what i understand. HE should know since he is a freaking engineer right?

But the question wasn't, 'what can NoCorruptionAllowed come up with?'

You specifically mentioned COPKILERS [sic] and those rounds didn't use NoCorruptionAllowed's intergalactic teflon in a polyurethane polyester epoxy base. Do we even know if the teflon is the thing making these coatings super tough and is this property armor piercing?

Could actually be making them a little softer/flexible so that the hammer bounces instead of having the base crack.

edit on 3-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I said the coating ON A Bullet made of another material than lead seemed to ad penetration.

You initially said Teflon added penetrative capabilities and didn't mention anything else about the projectile.

The above is called 'moving the goalposts'. So if you want to call someone dishonest start with yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh no no you first.. you see i LATER ON posted after that remember to say Apparently I was partially right. the coating was put on a bullet BUT they were not LEAD bullets,and the article states that said bullet with coating SEEMED TO INCREASE PEN against other things it normally would not had penned. Is that clear enough now?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Blah, blah, blah.

You: 'Hur-dee-dur, duh Teflon makes duh bullets hurts more.'

Wrong, it doesn't. I don't care what you changed it to after I told you otherwise, what you posted was wrong. The end.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Blah, blah, blah.

You: 'Hur-dee-dur, duh Teflon makes duh bullets hurts more.'

Wrong, it doesn't. I don't care what you changed it to after I told you otherwise, what you posted was wrong. The end.

I actually posted some facts and backed myself up if you honestly read the ENTIRE SITE I LINKED. As another poster said above the media and government played down the performance and altered the story a little for the sheep to swallow like you are doing. Old vest were just about as strong as a car door,and the things i mentioned could pen a car door. Modern vest arent as weak though anymore are they? So AT THE TIME My statement was correct,but now it isnt apparently with newer materials.
Also...not very intelligent to mock someone,because normally its actually the person mocking who has the real problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I actually posted some facts and backed myself up...

After I corrected you, but hey, shift those goalposts.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

PLEASE...

Debate the topic, not each other.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
...what's funny to me though is that they are saying that New York City is a "Hardship" location. IS that another hit for the "Progressive Cities Plan" or what?

'Hardship H', meaning it is lower down the scale than being stationed in a dangerous situation.

All that a hardship post is is one where you have to stay away from home of extended periods. So you get an additional accommodation allowance.

I think that all postings in Korea and Japan used to be considered hardship postings.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

This is concerning. Me and Huck have been storing some rocks in the shed. We are going to have to break out the sling-shots and do some serious practicing. The good rocks with jagged edges we will save for later for the real deal. We can't shoot squirrels and birds cause they are like our family but we can make some targets and stick 'em to the tree. A fella has to get serious, when he hears of threats like this. No time for foolin around.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
All that a hardship post is is one where you have to stay away from home of extended periods. So you get an additional accommodation allowance.

I think that all postings in Korea and Japan used to be considered hardship postings.

I was also under the impression that some undeveloped countries have a higher hardship posting due to the danger.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Do you honestly believe NBC or any other pathetic MSM anti gun spewing media...

How about a site called GunNuts who also called this fiction?

Well, the first problem is that the rounds did actually work pretty well. Mind you, not because of the Teflon coating, but because a hardened brass/steel projectile is probably going to be pretty effective at going through stuff a soft lead bullet won’t go through.

That article was posted 7 years ago, and Gunnuts were basing all of their remarks on data from well before that.

Using the

"intergalactic" (haha D)
very hard and PTFE filled polyester polyurethane epoxy coatings of today changes all of yesterday's fables into reality.
It seems your knowledge about this sort of thing hasn't really been researched much, except for some old Hollywood movie fables and some show boating gun magazine trying to fight for a place in journalism.

The tech in aerospace coatings today goes even further than anyone would have thought of decades ago, or released to the public much.
Mostly the only people who would pay any attention to things like this are already working in the industry, which mean nobody else would give a hoot or care to know about.

edit on 4-1-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well this turned into a topic about teflon coated rounds.

The black talon is very effectively stopped at least by level III soft body armor, and theres a video or two of that online.

I havent looked into what it does against steel armor, mostly because I'm at work atm, but I cant imagine it would give it magical properties. At the end of the day, simple physics still rules. There is an object with a certain density and speed, ergo velocity, and that has a certain ability to defeat a target. Cant do much to change it .

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

With all due respect, people have been working non stop learning better ways of defeating targets since the sling/bow.

It probably won't stop any time soon, and if there is a wide spread attempt at "disarmament", people will innovate in ingenious ways very quickly because their lives will depend on it, or they will fully believe their lives depend on it.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That article was posted 7 years ago, and Gunnuts were basing all of their remarks on data from well before that.

So what? You asked for a non-MSM cite, you got one.

And there hasn't been any Teflon-like coatings used since then that have added penetrative powers.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So what? You asked for a non-MSM cite, you got one.

And there hasn't been any Teflon-like coatings used since then that have added penetrative powers.

"That you are aware of"

There, fixed that for you.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneBird
Get you some teflon tape and wrap them up and those rocks will go through a tank.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
The original claim wasn't about current gov tech. Nobody is arguing that advances have been made.

The thread is about UN soldiers coming for the average Joe's guns and that particular post was about Joe shooting bullets coated with teflon paint thinking this will give it super powers.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join