It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York UN Office Recruits Paramilitary Troops for ‘Disarmament’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Link to job
Other link to info

Apparently the UN is in NYC, and hiring.

If you would like to join up with the blue helmets in an effort to disarm and "reintegrate" on differing soils, including the US, join now!

UN DDR forces operate under the intergovernmental organization’s Department of Peace Operations to “assist” the Member States, including the United States, in a boots on the ground capacity.

Disarmament is the collection, documentation, control and disposal of small arms, ammunition, explosives and light and heavy weapons of combatants and often also of the civilian population. Disarmament also includes the development of responsible arms management programmes.

Demobilization is the formal and controlled discharge of active combatants from armed forces or other armed groups. The first stage of demobilization may extend from the processing of individual combatants in temporary centres to the massing of troops in camps designated for this purpose (cantonment sites, encampments, assembly areas or barracks). The second stage of demobilization encompasses the support package provided to the demobilized, which is called reinsertion.

Reinsertion* is the assistance offered to ex-combatants during demobilization but prior to the longer-term process of reintegration. Reinsertion is a form of transitional assistance to help cover the basic needs of ex-combatants and their families and can include transitional safety allowances, food, clothes, shelter, medical services, short-term education, training, employment and tools. While reintegration is a long-term, continuous social and economic process of development, reinsertion is short-term material and/or financial assistance to meet immediate needs, and can last up to one year.

Reintegration is the process by which ex-combatants acquire civilian status and gain sustainable employment and income. Reintegration is essentially a social and economic process with an open time-frame, primarily taking place in communities at the local level. It is part of the general development of a country and a national responsibility, and often necessitates long-term external assistance.

What say you ATS? All I have to point out is those bright blue helmets are exceedingly....visibile

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

You know the 'officer' in the title is a middle management position, not soliciting applications for a fighting force.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The UN building is in New York City, so there isn't a big deal with this Job Ad. Looks like they are hiring for staffing's, what's funny to me though is that they are saying that New York City is a "Hardship" location. IS that another hit for the "Progressive Cities Plan" or what?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Still stands, that the role for someone to support the DDR in at least 3 missions regarding the disarmament of citizens is currently open in NY.

For this role, it says fluency in English is strictly needed, French (the other language needed for UN ops is only preferable), which means the operations are in english-speaking places. Namely right here.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
...what's funny to me though is that they are saying that New York City is a "Hardship" location. IS that another hit for the "Progressive Cities Plan" or what?

'Hardship H', meaning it is lower down the scale than being stationed in a dangerous situation.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
For this role, it says fluency in English is strictly needed, French (the other language needed for UN ops is only preferable), which means the operations are in english-speaking places. Namely right here.

Using that dopey logic the only place the United Nations conducts operations is in English, or occasionally French, speaking countries.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Teflon coated 308 or 30-06 makes a great addition to a blue helmet. great for putting air holes in them.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Oooooooo, look out, we got a bad ass here.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: yuppa

Oooooooo, look out, we got a bad ass here.

Moi? i didnt say anything except their helmets are in need of better air circulation.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Moi? i didnt say anything except their helmets are in need of better air circulation.

And for some reason you oddly think Teflon will help.

You should not apply for the job in the Original Post, your knowledge of ammunition is poor.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Mods, please delete.

Why there isn't an ability to remove your own post is beyond me.

Through looking at all the documents related, there's a lack of evidence that really points to where the operations will take place. Everything that says it, is more conjecture than anything substantial.

I was wrong, sorry for the post.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wait , hold on , what ?
The UN doesn't have a military (para or otherwise)
In fact , that would be against their own charter.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If they show up at my house trying to seize my ammo.

I’ll be a good global citizen and gladly give it to them .

But It’s going to be coming pretty damn fast .

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If I ever see someone from the UN on my doorstep they will be shot on sight. You would need to have a death wish to be UN trying to operate on US soil. What the hell do we need the UN for?
edit on 2020/1/1 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

For this role, it says fluency in English is strictly needed, French (the other language needed for UN ops is only preferable), which means the operations are in english-speaking places.

Agreed. Super sketchy how the UN is requiring language proficiency in one of its official languages, and wants proficiency in another of its official languages. Like super duper sketchy.

Namely right here.

Or literally anywhere in the world that speaks English.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Kudos to you for owning it.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If I ever see someone from the UN on my doorstep they will be shot on sight. You would need to have a death wish to be UN trying to operate on US soil. What the hell do we need the UN for?

We need the United Nations because we're united. We're united in fighting our new common enemy. An enemy far worst than Hitler or ISIS. This enemy's name is Climate Change and we need to let the UN guys into our house to check out our toilets and make sure the flow is low.
It for the better good of our great great great grandkids various partners.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I say it's good..because it seems they are working with in the UN diplomatic circle. So let them disarm their constituents!

They're the only ones they'll have to disarm, because everyone else follows the rules! So...this should be interesting!!

Think of all the African warlords who are part of the UN, who travel with diplomatic immunity in the USA...disarm those bitches and do it NOW!! Lawless bastards!!

I'm all for this!! Let's disarm the UN!! Most completely WORTHLESS organization ever created in the history of mankind!!

Step outside your little protective diplomatic bubble and try to disarm someone else in this country...and LEAD is what's for dinner!!

PUKES!! PUSSIES!!

F# the UN...deport every one of them!! They're WORTHLESS!! Every...last...one...of...them!!!
edit on 1/1/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I guess these idiots need schooling on how to disarm a population?

What is the best way to disarm a population?

Nobody?

Get them to use their weapons on themselves.
Then clean up what's left. Done deal!

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Sure would be nice if we (U.S.) would just back out of the u.n. all together and tell them to piss off.

Sorry girls and boys, we don't recognize or support your bull# anymore. Oh and btw we are also done playing nanny and baby-daddy for the rest of the world.

Buh-bye.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join