It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York UN Office Recruits Paramilitary Troops for ‘Disarmament’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Seems to me to be an idea of a,
"Well regulated militia" versus a, "Barmy army" and It doesn't seem like armed individuals are targets per se, rather that people should be respected, especially in the case of those who have fought in the name of their country, while the intimidating paramilitary aspects of street parading is not very inclusive of the country as a whole. Iv'e seen enough of that crap in my time..enough to know that it is nothing more than intimidation, and often somebody died.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Iconic

Teflon coated 308 or 30-06 makes a great addition to a blue helmet. great for putting air holes in them.

What a keyboard warrior you are lol. You go first, go on do it....
Didn't think so. lol

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Moi? i didnt say anything except their helmets are in need of better air circulation.

And for some reason you oddly think Teflon will help.

You should not apply for the job in the Original Post, your knowledge of ammunition is poor.

YEah I guess COPKILERS arent good enough for a Helmet with kevlar lining especially since they are designed to beat level 1-2 vest without metal plates.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

Teflon coated 308 or 30-06 makes a great addition to a blue helmet. great for putting air holes in them.

What a keyboard warrior you are lol. You go first, go on do it....
Didn't think so. lol

If they invaded yes i would but until then diplomacy is best. If we are invaded i LEGALLY can go kill them if they show up. Dont threaten me with a good time.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: Metallicus
If I ever see someone from the UN on my doorstep they will be shot on sight. You would need to have a death wish to be UN trying to operate on US soil. What the hell do we need the UN for?

We need the United Nations because we're united. We're united in fighting our new common enemy. An enemy far worst than Hitler or ISIS. This enemy's name is Climate Change and we need to let the UN guys into our house to check out our toilets and make sure the flow is low.
It for the better good of our great great great grandkids various partners.

I truly hope you are being facetious.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I suppose since we are making waves, the UN wants our guns and disarmament of our Military. Maybe the UN is working with Russia now.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I remember a couple decades ago, how these conversations would pop up every so often. Along with those conversation was a popular image being posted.

Considering the current atmosphere politically, I can see how some times during history repeats. Newer generations are just ignorant of past events they haven't lived through.

That is a fact. Not a slur or derogatory remark. Any ways, I really doubt any un presence would be tolerated.

Mostly because once upon a time, images like these were popular.

If the politicians are ignorant enough or bold enough to request in troops on ConUs soil, they already failed and a purging of the swamp is better sooner than later given those conditions.

So in all earnest, in the past say two decades ago I would never have imagined politicians would be so stupid, but today I would bet on it.

Because they have a knack for doubling down on going full retarded. Every dang time...

Would politicians use domestic turmoil to justify allowing martial law or similar acts?

Of course they would, is there really any doubt...

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

YEah I guess COPKILERS arent good enough for a Helmet with kevlar lining especially since they are designed to beat level 1-2 vest without metal plates.

Except in reality Teflon was used as a barrel wear protectant and added no appreciable penetrating power, particularly when it came to vests where it made it more difficult. I told you already, your knowledge of ammunition is poor, don't apply for this position.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oxidized Copper "Lubalox" applied in a proprietary process. Although Winchester states it's process is to protect rifling, one of the other compelling reasons for using it is to enhance ballistics by reducing friction.

Lot's of misinformation out there about the fabled "teflon" coating and Black Talons in general.

Just another example of something sounding / looking evil and being branded as evil by the MSM, just like "evil black rifles".

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Lot's of misinformation out there about the fabled "teflon" coating and Black Talons in general.

Yeah, mostly by internet ignoramuses who don't know anything about anything but pretend that they do.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nah,I have heard the U.N. is working with China.I think the
Chinese are going to be their enforcers,maybe along with the
Russians.Won't really know until the poo hits.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Can't really blame them. We have a constitution, but not the will as a people to enforce it. They see this, and have the will to enforce their own will through action to get things done. Can't really blame them when we allow it.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Except in reality Teflon was used as a barrel wear protectant and added no appreciable penetrating power, particularly when it came to vests where it made it more difficult. I told you already, your knowledge of ammunition is poor, don't apply for this position.

Higher velocity equals Penetration power the majority of the time though, but because you were so insistent I did do some better research and its not the COATING that lent the penetration,but the bullets being made of BRASS and other materials than lead. SO I was partially right but that only matters in horseshoes and handgrenades.

Still you didnt have to be a D about it. Oh heres the links i read.
www.guns.com...

www.outdoorhub.com...
edit on 20000000pppm by yuppa because: extra research corrected my views.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Oooooooo, look out, we got a bad ass here.

Moi? i didnt say anything except their helmets are in need of better air circulation.

Teflon coating helps prevent barrel wear, it does not make a bullet armor piercing. learn before you speak, (or type in this case) so you don't sound like a dumb ass.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

Teflon coating helps prevent barrel wear, it does not make a bullet armor piercing. learn before you speak, (or type in this case) so you don't sound like a dumb ass.

How about you take your own advice and READ the entire thread before shooting your mouth off? You scrolled right past what I posted above on page 2.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

You should really rethink that comment. Teflon comes in many forms and concentrations. I know because I use it in aerospace painting, also used it for 5 years at Boeing Everett.

Talking Teflon paint, and not just some cheap coating. And not what is found in some gun barrel oil or automotive product. High solids content of PTFE suspended in a polyurethane polyester epoxy base. Once that stuff is fully cured on a properly prepared test sheet of metal like aluminum you can take a hammer to it and it will take a very long beating and still not come off.

On bullets it definitely does scary things. Adds barrier penetration 10 fold to a bullet even standard lead ones. Also very illegal in many states.

Seriously, Teflon only works to prevent barrel wear?

edit on 2-1-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Teflon comes in many forms and concentrations.

Are those forms and concentrations the ones used in "cop killers"?

THE MYTH OF THE COP KILLER BULLET

In 1982, a year after they had become commercially available in brass, NBC broadcast a special demonstrating how these new bullets were capable of penetrating the body armor worn by cops. Instead of focusing on the fact that the bullets were constructed of brass, NBC focused on the Teflon coating, which does nothing to make the bullet go any deeper into the target, only saves the gun barrel from getting stripped. Anyways, Hollywood ran with Teflon, possibly because it sounds sexier, with countless movies making reference to sinister Teflon coated bullets penetrating ballistic vests (like Lethal Weapon 3).

edit on 3-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

SO I was partially right but that only matters in horseshoes and handgrenades.

You were not at all right as the information shows.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Teflon comes in many forms and concentrations.

Are those forms and concentrations the ones used in "cop killers"?

THE MYTH OF THE COP KILLER BULLET

In 1982, a year after they had become commercially available in brass, NBC broadcast a special demonstrating how these new bullets were capable of penetrating the body armor worn by cops. Instead of focusing on the fact that the bullets were constructed of brass, NBC focused on the Teflon coating, which does nothing to make the bullet go any deeper into the target, only saves the gun barrel from getting stripped. Anyways, Hollywood ran with Teflon, possibly because it sounds sexier, with countless movies making reference to sinister Teflon coated bullets penetrating ballistic vests (like Lethal Weapon 3).

Teflon filled polyurethane used in military and commercial aircraft painting, is used on leading edges and other surfaces. It is extremely impact resistant and this also translates to being an extreme barrier penetrant.

It's illegal to put that on bullets in some states. That should tell you something.

Do you honestly believe NBC or any other pathetic MSM anti gun spewing media is going to say "hey look kids, this stuff really works awesome on bullets, look what it does to Mr. Police mans' Kevlar!"
Of course it is going to be debunked.

Besides, purchasing a small amount of Teflon filled paint is not possible, you would likely be required to buy a 4 gallon or larger container of it as a minimum quantity, plus the catalyst for it.

edit on 3-1-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe NBC or any other pathetic MSM anti gun spewing media...

How about a site called GunNuts who also called this fiction?

Well, the first problem is that the rounds did actually work pretty well. Mind you, not because of the Teflon coating, but because a hardened brass/steel projectile is probably going to be pretty effective at going through stuff a soft lead bullet won’t go through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join