It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Are Irritated By Sounds of Chewing and Slurping Are Likely To Be Creative Geniuses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'll be the first to admit I can get snarky with the soup slurpers and open mouth chewers. My friends know me well and know when Im about to say something and they know why too! We were in a restaurant one day during the quiet time between lunch and dinner. Had the place all to ourselves until another couple came in and they sat them right behind us in the next booth. Guy started slurping his food. I turned around and said over his should I bet you dont get a lot of second dates do you? He said what do you mean. I said because you chew like a cow.. My friends were slinking down into the booth.

The metal against teeth gets me. Im cringing right now with goose bumps because I can hear it in my head. Dogs licking constantly will drive me right up a wall also.

I suppose after all these years its nice to know it is actually something and not just me being a a-hole about nothing. Having extra smart tendencys is a nice bonus to!

Btw I immediately shared this article with my friends that were at the restaurant that day!
edit on 12/30/19 by onehuman because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Pen clicking and heavy breathing or a loud AC/computer are infuriating. If only the world was ready for my work...

a reply to: silo13

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
how about that.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It seems half of you would hate, hate, hate my mechanical keyboard. It has clicky keys! *squee*

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Nice, so I have a disorder now? LOL

It's called manners.

Didn't know that being irritated by ill mannered people is now considered a disorder.

The world is nuts.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
People have bad and missing teeth, even dentures for many. These don't always chew food properly. People have large and small tongues. They have differing amounts of saliva. There are many reasons people make noise when they eat, not all borne out by inconsideration or sloppiness, but just due to the fact that not everyone has a perfect device for chewing and swallowing food. i also find those who have huge issues with food noise also have their own habits and mannerisms that will drive everyone else completely crazy, even if they may be creative geniuses. Point out any shortcoming they may have and be ready for a huge defense no matter how valid your assertion.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Do you have Asperger Syndrome? Many of the things you described (texture of food, etc) would point to AS.

And I have to agree with you over the smells - there are some (especially the heavy musk) that can actually make me mad. I mean super pissed off super quick. With some 'smells' (like deodorant) just disgust me, but man oh man those 'other' smells? I'm on the warpath.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
...Point out any shortcoming they may have and be ready for a huge defense no matter how valid your assertion.

I've always found it was MY shortcoming that I can't deal with 'mouth sounds' - so I just try to extricate myself from the situation, turn off the radio (breathing through the nose that is picked up on radio), or whatever it takes to get away from the noise without hurting anyone's feelings.

I realize for the most part people can't help their 'noises' - or they're just unaware. If I thought someone was chomping and slurping away on purpose I'd just have to throat punch 'em.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join