It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been bugged?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes. Estranged husband bugged my home phone in the late 90s. Our minister and friends told me he was recording every call and repeated private calls so I knew the truth.

Fortunately for me, head of the state FBI was a close friend and took care to de-bug me and contact him concerning his "other" issues that could have been explored if he didn't leave me alone.

Then, he had an affair with our divorce judge which I blew up on the 6'oclock news.

Not fun times.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Have you ever been bugged?

There's not a single person living in the US that isn't.

Between the NSA,Google,Amazon.

Your entire digital life is.

I was thinking of an actual direct act of surveillance, rather than just mining your shopping habits.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I got bugged by the FBI for a couple of years. When my oldest was still in school she was friends with a guy that made a "hit list" and got caught. Their entire friend group ended up with their houses and phones being bugged for nearly 2 years and since daughter was underage and still lived at home that meant that MY house and phone were bugged and since she didn't have a license and I still drove her around to everything I got followed around as well.

Honestly I can say I never felt safer in my life!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
you are on a computer!
and i bet you use a phone.
say no more......

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I had head lice about twelve years ago, got them from my granddaughter who lived with us at the time. But I combed out a little spider and a bunch of dead lice from my hair. I did not need to debug, my granddaughter did though.

I did not kill that spider, I brought it outside....the wife laughed when she saw the dead lice and the spider.

I hope I am not off topic, at least I did not talk about Crabs.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How does one find and eradicate local bugs?

edit on 26-12-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Lived in an apartment in Tempe, AZ in the mid-90's. I had a landline phone that had a light which would let you know if someone else picked up the line. It was a great indicator to ensure mom wasn't listening in before I struck out on my own lol. It worked flawlessly - never a "false alarm."

After moving, it never lit up, because nobody else was ever picking up a line to make a call. My roommate and I only had one phone, besides our regional-coverage, big clunky indestructible phones.

My roommate then got a job at a sports bar - a couple weeks later, iirc, the "someone is on the other line" light would light up, and you'd hear a faint click. At first, I figured it was just something up with the lines. After awhile though, I told my roommate I thought our phone line was being tapped.

Some time went on and others at her job were mentioning that pretty much everyone working there is being watched/listened to, and the thinking was, evidemce was being gathered to shut down and make arrests in an illegal sports gambling operation being run there.

Sure enough, an FBI raid went down at the restaurant - we were fine as neither of us were involved. The red light on the phone mever lit up again.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
Yeah, everyone is bugged these days. You don't have to go very far to document it either. Just lay your phone on the table and talk about adult diapers and watch the ads flow around you like the stream of life.

But, I was doing pre interview prep with a rather controversial guest once and the phone kept hanging up, the lights flickered every couple of minutes and at just that time a couple of jets from Selfridge ANG did a full burner climb over the house. Selfridge is 70 miles away.

So yeah, everyone's bugged.

Yea.

same here.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

In the 90s before smart phones my basic brick style mobile phone and cordless home phone appeared bugged. Whenever certain keywords were spoken by myself or the other caller a click was heard on the line. I believe this was old fashioned phone tapping and the click was a recording beginning after being either automatically or manually set to record after hearing one of the keywords.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i'm bugged by lots of things every day.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Monsanto sent mind-controlled spider mites to me crops once

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join