It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None Will Be Missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Recently on this website, and from other sources, just talking with people, you can see a sense of impending doom on their minds. I am sure a lot of factors have to play on this. The media is full of gloom-and-doom. The entertainment industry bombards audiences with a constant barrage of end of the world disaster movies. Documentary channels on cable seem to always have some end of the world scenario they like to play up to spike views and get people worrying. Is a meteor going to hit earth? Is another ice age coming? Are we going to annihilate ourselves by means of a nuclear holocaust. Will some unseen plague wipe out humanity. The list of scenarios seems to go on and on.

Then you have fear-mongers who make it big business to spread fear every day and they get a large following. Such as Alex Jones. And conspiracy websites like this where people like to work themselves up over either real or imagined conspiracies.

To top all of this off you have Biblical prophecy that speaks of an approaching great tribulation and a day of retribution in which all wicked mankind will be destroyed. And the Biblical prophecies concerning that war known as Armageddon are quite graphic in their detail.

Many who have studied the Bible have come to the conclusion that we are living in what it terms the "last days." I too am convinced of this. I believe that it is a lot nearer than many expect. And perhaps there is an intuition that some are picking up on that gives them this feeling of impending doom. Of course there could be other reasons for it, perhaps paranoia, or other mental issues.

And dwelling on such topics is not good for a mentally ill mind.

So what does all of this have to do with the title of the OP. Well, I was reading through some threads and observing how certain ones have premonitions, and fears about the future. So I wanted to share a thought with the reader of this, not of doom and gloom, but of encouragement.

The title comes from a verse in the Bible:

"And I will raise up over them shepherds who will really shepherd them. They will no longer be afraid or be terrified, and none will be missing,” declares Jehovah."-Jeremiah 23:4.

This is a prophecy of comfort and hope. And it is also a message of peace.

The Bible tells us that God is looking for the good in us. It says that he is looking for hearts who are complete toward him:

"For the eyes of Jehovah are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him."-2 Chronicles 16:9.

The Bible also promises that God will gather all rightly disposed ones to him. Some who once served him may have strayed but he still remembers their names and cares for them each one of them individually. And he promises to gather them all back to him. He is seeking for his lost sheep. Look at this beautiful promise:

“The lost one I will search for, the stray I will bring back, the injured I will bandage, and the weak I will strengthen.”-Ezekiel 34:16.

Notice God does 3 things, he is actively looking for his lost sheep and will draw them back to him lovingly, gently. The injured ones he will then bandage and take care of. And finally he will strengthen the weak sheep.

God is doing this work now. He is sending forth to search for all his lost sheep by means of his angels and his holy spirit and drawing them back to him.

What if you have never been in the sheepfold of Jehovah god, and under his care and direction? Well he is searching for you too! Notice this loving assurance of God to the wicked:

 “‘Do I take any pleasure at all in the death of a wicked person?’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘Do I not prefer that he turn away from his ways and keep living?’"-Ezekiel 18:23.

This is a plea to everyone who has ears to hear and eyes to see. God is sending out an invitation to everyone that will listen to it. Far from being an aloof and unknowable God who does not care, he is personally interested in you as an individual.

Notice again another warm invitation from God:

"Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones. 9 Give way to misery and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned into mourning, and your joy into despair.  Humble yourselves in the eyes of Jehovah, and he will exalt you."-James 4:8-10.

Notice that if one will draw close to God, he will in turn draw close to that one. We draw close to God by praying to him, asking for his guidance, reading his word, and then acting upon what he is telling us. Jehovah does indeed speak to us. He is very active in his dealings with mankind at this late hour. We are given the command to cleanse our hands of sin, and purify our hearts if we are indecisive. To weep and mourn over the bad we have done, and repent. Humble yourself in God's eyes and he will then exalt you.

God promised that a time was coming, and it is now that he would rock all the nations and the valuable things would come out of them:

“‘And I will shake all the nations, and the precious things of all the nations will come in; and I will fill this house with glory,’ says Jehovah of armies."-Haggai 2:7

These valuable things are people. Honest-hearted people. Ones who look to God. I was reading through John's account of Jesus' ministry and really like how he summed it up at the very end of his book, as to why he penned what he wrote:

"But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name."-John 20:31.

I could have written about doom and gloom prophocies in the Bible that are soon to be fulfilled. And it is important to know them. But really, if one draws close to God now there is no need to fear the future.

Here is another plea of God with humankind, with each one of us indivudally:

"Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove your evil deeds from my sight;
Stop doing bad.
 Learn to do good, seek justice,
Correct the oppressor,
Defend the rights of the fatherless child,
And plead the cause of the widow.”

Stop doing bad. The next statement is really encouraging:

 “Come, now, and let us set matters straight between us,” says Jehovah.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They will be made as white as snow;
Though they are as red as crimson cloth,
They will become like wool."
-Isaiah 1:16-18.

God is making a plea, he says that even if your sins were like scarlet, as red as blood, they will be made as white as snow. He is willing and able to wipe out all the bad we have done.

If one takes these steps he is on the road to a happier life now, knowing he is doing what is right, having a clean conscience before God and man. And he has a firm hope for a sure future.

The verse there quoted in the title, it is a promise that when the end comes, not only will enough warning have been provided to mankind, but everyone that is rightly disposed and loves Jehovah will not be missing. They will have all been gathered to him. When Armageddon arrives, not one of God's sheep will be missing.

Are you one of his lost sheep? This is for you...

Jehovah Cares For His Sheep

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Every generation thinks they're living in the "end times".

I think it more likely is a result of narcissism that a lot of people like to think they're special for some reason and fear that their existence is meaningless.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Eyestosee

And it's only the ca 153th time.
And only 2000 years that people think that...
But now it's really happening.

Me: sure, sure, sure *smiles, nods and backs away

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Every generation thinks they're living in the "end times".

I think it more likely is a result of narcissism that a lot of people like to think they're special for some reason and fear that their existence is meaningless.

Notice one of the scriptures above quoted says one must humble themselves before God. This would be the opposite of being narcissistic. In fact a haughty person is so distasteful to God that he takes action against that one:

"God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones."-1 Peter 5:5.

We do well to view ourselves correctly as did the Psalmist who observed God's creation, and all of its glory and came to the correct conclusion:

'When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers,
The moon and the stars that you have prepared,
 What is mortal man that you keep him in mind,
And a son of man that you take care of him?"
-Psalm 8:3, 4.

Jesus also spoke of a generation that would see the signs of the last days but not understand them. He said this:

“When evening falls, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is fire-red,’  and in the morning, ‘It will be wintry, rainy weather today, for the sky is fire-red but gloomy.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but the signs of the times you cannot interpret."-Matthew 16:2, 3.

If you cannot interpret the signs of the times, perhaps your eyes have not been opened, and your ears are not able to hear to discern the time. Jesus said:

"“Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one who stays awake and keeps his outer garments, so that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.”-Revelation 16:15.

This verse is the one right before we are told about Armageddon.

Are you aware of the signs that are being fulfilled? Or are you asleep?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Interestingly enough you have been prophesied as well:

"First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”-2 Peter 3:3, 4.

Interestingly, not too long ago almost these exact words verbatim were given me. I immediately recognized the fulfillment of Bible prophecy before me. While the one uttering the empty speech remained with his eyes shut.
edit on 17-12-2019 by Eyestosee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Meanwhile in reality you're the one who is in a sect. I dedicate my life to the one true God while you pray to a human and live by the words of a guy who was an alien abductee.
In comparison I think I'm fine

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Talk about being haughty...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Pretty sure WW1 and 2 had people thinking the same

Anyway, why are you a member of an organisation that protects pedophiles

I see impending doom for kids in your organisations care

The Australian Royal Commission and Child Sex Abuse Among Jehovah’s Witnesses

According to their website, “The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse is investigating how institutions like schools, churches, sports clubs and government organisations have responded to allegations and instances of child sexual abuse. It is the job of the Royal Commission to uncover where systems have failed to protect children so it can make recommendations on how to improve laws, policies and practices.”

jwvictims.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eyestosee

originally posted by: Peeple

Interestingly enough you have been prophesied as well:

"First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”-2 Peter 3:3, 4.

Interestingly, not too long ago almost these exact words verbatim were given me. I immediately recognized the fulfillment of Bible prophecy before me. While the one uttering the empty speech remained with his eyes shut.

You are supporting a church that harbours pedophiles from the law
“The scope and purpose of the public hearing was to inquire into:
The experience of survivors of child sexual abuse within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church in Australia.
The response of the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to allegations, reports or complaints of child sexual abuse within the Church.
The systems, policies and procedures in place within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd for raising and responding to allegations of or concerns about child sexual abuse within the Church.
The systems, policies and procedures in place within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to prevent child sexual abuse within the Church.
Any related matters.”
www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au...

And preach God, how
How can you be such a hypocrite, seriously

I would love you to straight up deny or accept your organisation harbours pedophiles, please answer

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
What about the kiddie fiddling that your cult tried to hide and for which your elders do not allow you to explain???

This must be your 3rd or 4th or even 5th account here on ATS that will be banned shortly.

Explain the child abuse situation within your cult/sect please.

Thank you.

Lags
edit on 17-12-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Don’t touch our children you sick bastards

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eyestosee

Notice one of the scriptures above quoted says one must humble themselves before God. This would be the opposite of being narcissistic. In fact a haughty person is so distasteful to God that he takes action against that one:

"God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones."-1 Peter 5:5.

Who told him that? And if it was god, then why doesn't he talk to us any more?

Shameful creator he is... builds a universe and lets it rot... sounds like a child with an ant farm and a magnifying glass, to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

As far as I can tell God seems indifferent with regards to the affairs of man. Based on human experiments there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will. Take the bombing of Dresden for example. I think if we crap in our own beds God just sits back and lets it happen. If we want justice in the World it's up to us to find it. If we want to clean up our own mess it is up to us to do it.

Everyone talks about God doing this and doing that. I think God just sits back and watches us. God participates in our lives but in a very subtle way based on our own choosing and very much on the individual level.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So what you're saying is... Only priests of the Catholic church molest kids. All other denominations (or non) are innocent of this evil.

Got it!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Salvation is given out by a new way....kept hidden since before the world began.....Paul was on the road when Jesus told him he was to tell the gentiles and heathens......the new dispenser metjod....only in Paul and approved by Peter....there goes catholic apostolic session out the window.....

Paul says the whole world will be judged by this new dispenser deally. The old methods with water baptism are out......it's just believing......Jesus didn't do it for nothing....arms nailed down, he didn't do it for nothing!

Believing he did it for your sins.....He didn't do that for nothing!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

So what you're saying is... Only priests of the Catholic church molest kids. All other denominations (or non) are innocent of this evil.

Got it!

No, you didn’t get it, not even a bit, not even a little bit
To my knowledge
The Catholic Church fessed up, admitted their guilt and to my knowledge opened the books and became accountable

To my knowledge they are no longer hiding pedophiles. Granted they probably are but at least they admitted their crimes and have allowed the justice system to hold criminals accountable

JW,org know of the criminals and won’t release the information to the relevant authorities, Harbor criminals in their organisation
Even deny their are pedophiles and have not acted to stop these criminals reoffending

But hey, if you don’t care, I get it

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I get it as well but the point stands. Rocks in glass houses and all that. I'm a non-practicing Catholic and I've heard various jabs all my life - and all I ever did was visit various other churches with friends. My "religion" has been in the mouths of every denomination and non since I can remember.... and all I wanted to do was go to church with a friend. Yet, they are somehow immune to their own ridicule.

Glass houses and all.

I get the Catholic religion. It makes sense to me. I understand the difference and even though I don't practice and for a long time I was hesitant considering myself a catholic, I still understood why it was the way it was and it made just as much sense as any other religion.

But.... I apologise as I was being a hypocrite. You and I are very stern in our beliefs when it comes to our spirituality. I can say that we likely believe very little of what the other believes outside of scripture itself, even though we both follow 'christianity'. I was throwing stones in my glass house by assuming you were meaning catholicism. However, I can't condemn the JWs or the Mormons or any other denomination. I have a few friends that are very much mormons and go to church regularly but they are THAT kind of mormon. My buddies daughters listen to metal - much of it provided by me. He cusses and smokes but we can talk about our religions to each other and not act like taunting children. We actually have good conversations about each others views.

But... Just like any religion, it can be filled with corruption of every kind. Money... Sex... Gluttony... Malace... You name it. Just like Politics or any other group. I'm certain that not all buddhist are budda like just like I'm sure that not all communist are all commie like. Though, AOC will always be dumb!

I think my real point and disdain are simply the attacks of other religions because I've always detested that whole "I'm going to heaven while all you people are going to hell'. I was told when I was very young (though it may not even be true) that if you tell someone to go to hell in anger, you will go there instead. It's just a saying and maybe there is some truth of it (like calling someone a fool) but I make special effort to never say this to anyone and especially using 'the lords name in vain'. I'll sling the F word around like it's part of my every day vocabulary but yet I will never say .... -damn or even got - damn. I try not to refer to God or Jesus outside of prayer, because I fear the outcome
I'm very spiritually superstitious. Same for the JW's. They're just regular people too, being led by possible whatevers. I'm sure there are leaders that are evil and some that are good just as well.

Anyways... That's my thoughts for the moment.

edit on 17-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I believe God gave humanity freewill, it’s their choice
Catholic, Pentecostal, Buddhist or Scientologist not my business what a person chooses to believe
I have issues with JW,org knowingly allowing pedophiles to be sheltered without facing justice, harbouring them and not allowing authorities to charge them with their crimes.
I also have issues with people like the op denying it’s even an issue, supporting that organisation. If a denomination I attended was caught up, I would be screaming bloody murder and leaving and taking anyone who listened with me.
Not supporting criminal activities or harbouring these criminals, denying their existence, not supporting or giving money to an organisation that does

That’s it, my gripe

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
an accursed JW at it again.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Only Jesus Christ can get anyone to heaven any other way is the wrong way. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

and?

I am not sure your point

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join