It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time itself....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Time is speeding up, and will continue to do so at a more noticeable rate in coming years.

why!?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus
The 9.2 EQ in Indonesia decreased the length of our days by 3 microseconds. You may be noticing that. I don't know about you, but I need all the microseconds I get get!

About a week after the quake the moon's gravity regulated Earth's days and added those .3 microseconds back. If not for the moon then the techtonic plates on Earth would have shifted so much that it may have collapsed in upon itself by now (after billions of years). It's amazing.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
it already going to be april damn it went by faster than last year..

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
First, have you had any major change in what psychotropic drugs you use on a daily basis and the quantity thereof? Bear in mind that I'm not just talking about illegal substances.

Second, have there been any major dietary changes lately?

A final factor for consideration is the following: when you're 1, a year is 100% of your life. When you're 100, it's 1%. Therefore, the benchmarks we use to measure time seem to become shorter and shorter as we age.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
no pills or anything here
and well i changed my diet in a good way..balanced meals that i cook rather than dine out

Mod Edit: Illegal Activity... Please review this link.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
First, have you had any major change in what psychotropic drugs you use on a daily basis and the quantity thereof? Bear in mind that I'm not just talking about illegal substances.

Second, have there been any major dietary changes lately?

A final factor for consideration is the following: when you're 1, a year is 100% of your life. When you're 100, it's 1%. Therefore, the benchmarks we use to measure time seem to become shorter and shorter as we age.

Funny you mentioning psychotropic drugs. Back in the '80's I experimented with weed and got the distinct feeling that time slowed down. I repeated this experiment many times and each time the effects were simular. It's obvious to me that the rate of time is an illusion. I haven't taking drugs since the early '90's now and time appears to fly along at an ever increasing pace. I have no explanation for this that's any better than what's been offered by other members here. Please note I'm not recommending others should try drugs but I bet if you break from regular daily routine you'll get a simular effect

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Time is not an illusion, but the perception of its passage can be controlled. I noticed when I stopped taking stimulant drugs for ADD, the passing of time seemed to slow down a lot.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Also, a perceived slowing of time with marijuana usage is a well-document effect of the drug in some individuals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join