It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems planning to impeach over "Abuse of Power" and "Obstruction of Congress"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I don't entirely disagree with you. I do think in both instances there is enough evidence to indict in the House. I don't think there's grounds to convict in the Senate.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just stop. You're not helping the embarrassment the democrats have become.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Why do the democrats want to impeach our president politically?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Sillyolme

Why do the democrats want to impeach our president politically?

Because he won in 2016, and he will win again in 2020.

The impeachment is ALL about stopping him-IE election meddling from being re-elected.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
$45,000,000 Plus and thats it. Think of how many children sleeping on the streets in California that could have bought homes for.

Or beer for me!!

They don't want to help the homeless on the streets of California. It will ruin the property values of the uber rich elite, compassionate and deeply caring Democrats. It would lower property values to the point where their working poor can actually live in a home or apartment instead of on the street.

No, no, it is far better to keep the service/servant class in their place on the streets out of compassion and making regulations allowing them to defecate on the street because they have no sanitation, and compassionate regulations allowing them to put tents in people's yards and forbid homeowners from removing them. That is the truly compassionate way the uber rich elite Democrats of California think.

How dare you suggest that the 45 million spent on a big nothing burger could have been better spent. Isn't it worth every single cent to destroy Trump, destroy everyone associated with him, destroy his voters! Have you no sense of justice in the US. Spend it on the homeless, pfffft, California already has the most compassionate homeless laws on the books, what more do you expect of compassionate and caring Democratic Party run cities?

edit on 12/10/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why are you getting hung up on criminal law? Is this not a constitutional law case and different standards apply?

please direct me to the impeachment that did not include an actual crime
i will wait

and are you advocating impeachment with out an actual crime?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Are you arguing that perjury is not a 'high crime or misdemeanor' as written by the framers of the Constitution?

If not, then I think bribery should rank up there with perjury.

Not sure from your post where you stand on it, or if you believe that it is up to the Supreme Court to decide in every case. Of course, they are the final arbiter. If it will come to them in the end, maybe the Congress shouldn't waste their time by coming up with hazy Articles of Impeachment without clearing it with the Supreme Court first.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So they are stating he is trying to fix an election against a candidate who is not even nominated but they are trying to stop Trump from being elected with this farce. It is absurd. You could not write this garbage into a Prime Time TV show.

Let the impeachment vote happen. He will not be found gulity and you will see some moderate Dems voting no in the house also.

Once it does those who have targeted him have nothing else. Nothing.The DNC. The RINO's. The Deep State. The AntiTrumpers. The Resisters. The Pussy Hat wearers...all of them.

It is all a show to create an excuse for their loss in 2020 of the Presidency and the House.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Are you arguing that perjury is not a 'high crime or misdemeanor' as written by the framers of the Constitution?

If not, then I think bribery should rank up there with perjury.

Not sure from your post where you stand on it, or if you believe that it is up to the Supreme Court to decide in every case. Of course, they are the final arbiter. If it will come to them in the end, maybe the Congress shouldn't waste their time by coming up with hazy Articles of Impeachment without clearing it with the Supreme Court first.

Depends on what the definition of perjury is

opps, depends on ones definition of perjury when one has not testified at all

link   
61% of Democrats don't think Trump will be removed.

So why impeach at all ?

Answer: Another political hitjob like Benedict Clintons dossier.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Who said I want to help them? The majority of them are no different than the majority of the Republicans. They care about their bottom line more than the constituents they swore to represent.

I'm simply pointing out that based on the definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors" the Founding Fathers would have been familiar with, Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress would both be considered grounds for impeachment. Hell, under English law, withholding funds appropriated by Parliament is also considered a "high crime."

Let's not forget that the first impeachment conviction by the Senate in the country's existence was against Judge John Pickering. His crime? Chronic intoxication. Last time I checked, alcoholism is not a crime.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know brother I just want see what Silly says.
For the life of me I can't figure her out. Just curious about
the mind set that never gave a guy a chance and doesn't believe that
anyone born here can be president. Or did my grand father lie to me?

edit on 10-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The first impeachment in US history. John Pickering was removed from office for chronic intoxication.
edit on 12/10/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So they are stating he is trying to fix an election against a candidate who is not even nominated but they are trying to stop Trump from being elected with this farce. It is absurd. You could not write this garbage into a Prime Time TV show.

Let the impeachment vote happen. He will not be found gulity and you will see some moderate Dems voting no in the house also.

Once it does those who have targeted him have nothing else. Nothing.The DNC. The RINO's. The Deep State. The AntiTrumpers. The Resisters. The Pussy Hat wearers...all of them.

It is all a show to create an excuse for their loss in 2020 of the Presidency and the House.

I hope the trial happens.

I hope it exposes every single reason Trump asked for corruption to be investigated.

I hope the person on the other end of the line, the Ukrainian, who has said multiple times in print and on international TV, that what the Democrats claim happened, never did can testify.

I hope it exposed every single thing Obama did and/or overlooked when he was forewarned well before the election of Russian interference attempts and did nothing, zip, nada, nothing - and why (think DNC, fake dossier written by a foreign operative with the assistance of the Russians) he did nothing

Bring on the public trial!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I had to change my thinking on the senate trial.

Now that R's have fresh meat thrown at them.

They will get rid of impeachment pretty fast and go straight to the Fisa abuse.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Then when the Trump administration starts to go after them when this is all done they will state in the MSM

"Trump getting revenge on those who know about his high crimes"

They will all be victims and when HRC announces her run we will know the monkeys are truly in charge of the circus

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Breaking: President Trump's USMCA trade deal is now a DONE DEAL.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Too successful. Impeach him!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Why would they go to court when it isn't a judicial matter?

It depends on what your talking about. Pulling phone records for journalists, politicians, and their lawyers should be approved in a court before some partisan hack like Schiff can retrieve them. Do you agree?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm arguing that, using the definition the Framers would have used for "high crime or misdemeanor," that perjury could fit the definition but that it depends on the situation.

In the case of Clinton, I don't think his perjury was a "high crime or misdemeanor." I do think he possibly should've been convicted after he left office.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That's a great way to put it. Our political system has crossed the line from helping Americans to trying to control us and make us dependent. They're no longer in it for the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join