It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems planning to impeach over "Abuse of Power" and "Obstruction of Congress"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
What was the official charge for Bill Clinton’s impeachment? a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Perjury and Obstruction of Justice.
Below is copied from a Wikipedia article:

Article I charged that Clinton lied to the grand jury concerning:[27]

1. the nature and details of his relationship with Lewinsky
2. prior false statements he made in the Jones deposition
2. prior false statements he allowed his lawyer to make characterizing Lewinsky's affidavit
4. his attempts to tamper with witnesses

Article II charged Clinton with attempting to obstruct justice in the Jones case by:[28]

1. encouraging Lewinsky to file a false affidavit
2. encouraging Lewinsky to give false testimony if and when she was called to testify
3. concealing gifts he had given to Lewinsky that had been subpoenaed
4. attempting to secure a job for Lewinsky to influence her testimony
5. permitting his lawyer to make false statements characterizing Lewinsky's affidavit
6. attempting to tamper with the possible testimony of his secretary Betty Currie
7. making false and misleading statements to potential grand jury witnesses

Note that perjury is objectively illegal, not like "Abuse of Power" which by its nature depends on your political viewpoint (making it an inherently dubious charge).

Also, Clinton's obstruction charge details a list of classic witness tampering techniques (eg, encouraging Lewinsky to lie, and trying to buy her silence with a job). It doesn't rely on the idea that Trump expressing his displeasure somehow qualifies as a crime.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There are a few good video clips out there of the dems who are pushing for trumps impeachment defending Bill Clinton calling his impeachment partisan, undoing the will of the American people, setting precedent for opposing political party’s to simply impeach their political opponents etc...

Since the charges brought forth are not CRIMES, I'm waiting to hear why this impeachment is NOT what they called Bills. They are behaving exactly like the accused the republicans of being then.

to a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's not about overturning the election. It's really not.

Impeaching Trump for his subversion of our Republics laws and international treaties is needed for the sake of whatever we may think the Constitution stands for. It doesn't matter if the election was yesterday or is tomorrow, it's a required step to right the wrongs this administration has laid upon us.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

It really is.

You're not fooling anyone with that talking point. The entire purpose of any impeachment is to remove a duly elected/appointed official from office. That's what impeachment is. You might as well say a Grand Jury didn't indict someone because they thought he might be guilty. The only person you are fooling is yourself.

It's really kind of insulting to my intelligence that you would even try that excuse. Do you really think I am that dumb? Do you really believe you can tell me the exact opposite of what I see before my own eyes day in and day out, and that I will just go "Oh! OK, sorry, I misunderstood your intentions"? If you do, as my father used to say, "you're got another think coming." All you do is show me how condescending and insulting you can be... and believe me, from where I sit, that's pretty damn condescending and insulting!

As a matter of fact, it is so condescending and insulting that I will remember it in 11 months, when I step into a voting booth and proudly cast my vote for Donald John Trump as President. I'm sure there will be millions upon millions of Americans who do likewise. A great many likely won't do it because they like President Trump, but because of how insulting and demeaning the Democrats have been toward them.

I doubt, at this point, that the small, vocal minority who still support the lies and corruption that surround the Democrats (and some Republicans) in Congress will ever learn. It happened just 3 short years ago. We were told we were "deplorable" and fed a similar bunch of lies as you just posted in that last paragraph. What happened? Hillary lost and Donald Trump became President. Care to take a wild guess what's going to happen this time you try it?

Please, go back and find a talking point that actually sounds like it came from a universe with reality in it. "We're not trying to remove the President you voted for" while you are trying every dirty trick in the book to remove the President I voted for just ain't cutting it here.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Let's cut to the chase...from tonight's House Judiciary Impeachment mark-up...

Donald Trump is an existential threat to the existence of a corrupt DC system we have exposed to his disinfecting sunlight.

Donald Trump is the existential threat to every entity who benefits from that corrupt and vile system.

SOURCE: theconservativetreehouse.com... about/

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I have been saying this for years now. The Democrats have entered the insult game big time.

They have insulted the intelligence of the US citizens with their $47Billion nothing burger of an impeachment. They can't even come up with a single crime. So they plan to impeach him on "abuse of power", meaning Trump, as President of the US, can not use his power as President to do anything they don't like. Really? I mean just really? After the Democratic Party paid for a fake dossier to get the FBI to start investigating the President of the US, who lied to the FISA court (that is now clear through testimony yesterday), and spent 2 years and millions upon millions of dollars, just to find nothing. Then they ignored the transcript of a phone call Trump made. Ignored the multiple international TV appearances and interviews of the person on the other end of the line saying that Trump did not do what the mole (whistleblower with 2nd or was it 3rd hand gossip told Schiff who helped the gossip monger write the report that started the inquisition-oops-inquiry). With absolutely no crime to go on they are planning to impeach the President of the US over "abuse of power" because he would not cooperate with his own lynching that had zero due process, and not an ounce of testimony was allowed that didn't condemn the President.

It is worse than a nothing burger, it is taking $47billion out of the mouths of children, out of the pockets of Senior citizens, out of health care programs. Why? Because they lost and don't like the guy who won the election. That money could have been used in all of these other programs instead of a political vendetta revenge inquisition that makes Joe McCarthy look like an angel.

Then they have spent the last 3+ years insulting voters, yes voters, people who could vote for them - but WON'T - not now - not ever. Who would vote for someone who says you are a racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic deplorable person. Only an idiot would vote for people who have spent the last three years openly hating them, even Democratic Congresspeople have said these things publicly.

The Democratic Party says only way you can redeem yourself is to convert to the God of liberalism and vote for a Democrat, then all your sins are absolved. Just like they absolved Uncle Joe from putting his hands on little girls breasts, sniffing the hair of every little girl he encounters, sucking on his wife's fingers all in public and on camera. Just like they absolved him of bragging about (on camera) doing exactly what they failed to get Trump on, quid pro quo with Ukraine foreign aid. Just like they ignore Clintons name on lots and lots of flight manifests to Epsteins, pedo island. Just like they ignore Hillary's bathroom server with to secret emails. Just like they ignored Hillary bleach bit and taking a hammer to that server and her phones when she was asked to turn them over for investigation. Bow to the God of liberalism and you have no sins, now and forever.

Just how stupid do the Democrats think the American people are. They see all of this. But I think Democrats see the US citizens as a bunch of ignorant serfs with the attention span of a gnat. While they are the arbiters of morality (like displaying a penis in front of little girls is perfectly ok, if you say you are a woman in a gym locker room) : and it is perfectly acceptable to assault anyone wearing a MAGA hat, at least they have never, not once said it is not ok to beat up someone just because of who they voted for, not once.

Yes the elitist Democrats think the masses are ignorant and can't put two and two together. Worst of all, they basically say it publicly with all their ists/isms. And they expect the public to vote for them??????? Really???????? Well maybe the people who only watch mainstream propaganda machine CNN,MSNBC, NBC,ABC,CBS on TV because they have only heard what the Democrats wanted the masses to hear.

edit on 12/12/19 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

"We cannot rely on an election to solve our problems, when the president threatens the very integrity of that election," House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y.

Nadler

Schiff

Pelosi Admits

It DEFINITELY IS.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
This kind of action by the Democrats proves to me that a very strong and nefarious power is backing them up. This does not bode well for either those on the right or the left. For our friends on the left get past your hatred of Trump. See what they are doing. For gays they talk like they love you but when the Marxists get power your dead. Same for transgenders. They will not tolerate you one iota. All our rights will go down. Make no mistake Trump is your better bet. Sit and contemplate that for a bit.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

lol
really
seems the dnc does not want the voters to decide.......
statements from the speaker of the house and the head of the judiciary committee reflect this

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
hey there dems
mark well the tactics used for this farce

"The chairman was furnished with a demand signed by all Republican members of the committee during the impeachment hearing held on December the fourth," Collins said. "The chairman has refused to respond to multiple additional requests that that hearing be scheduled., and at one point actually telling me, as I actually responded to this, that we'll rule on it today. Well, we're here today."

Nadler claimed that the rules do not require him to grant a minority hearing before taking action. Ultimately, the Democrat-controlled committee voted in Nadler's favor.

"This committee has now sounded the death of minority rights,” Collins bellowed. "This committee has now become a rubber stamp. ... They don't care, facts be damned."

Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., countered that there “is no right” for the Republican minority to have a separate day of hearings, and that they did have the opportunity to call witnesses during the previous hearings -- which mainly featured Democrat-sought witnesses.

when the pendulum swings to the gop controlled senate, those of you with no issue with majority rule in the house should be of the same mind....no?

During Wednesday's evening session, Nadler insisted that it was necessary to impeach the president swiftly, prior to November's election.

"We cannot rely on an election to solve our problems when the president threatens the very integrity of that election," Nadler claimed during Wednesday's session.

the dems no longer trust the public to vote
that is disgusting
where are the dems to hold these people accountable?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Impeaching Trump for his subversion of our Republics laws and international treaties is needed for the sake of whatever we may think the Constitution stands for. It doesn't matter if the election was yesterday or is tomorrow, it's a required step to right the wrongs this administration has laid upon us.

Look he has not subverted any laws. If he had they would be impeaching him for a crime but they aren't. Some of these Dems have already said they will impeach again if he wins reelection. That is blatantly telling anyone with a brain this is not about crimes - your own democrat Reps are telling you so.

Wake the F up. You are brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
How can there be contempt of congress when all this is subjective spin and lying? How can one block a lie. Sounds like a Marxist catch 22.

edit on 12-12-2019 by Ansuzrune because: spell correction

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
How can there be contempt of congress when all this is subjective spin and lying? How can one block a lie. Sounds like a Marxist catch 22.

Democrats think that using the 3rd equal branch of Govt to arbitrate disputes between the Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch is obstruction of justice.
In other words, they think the Constitution of the USA is obstruction of justice.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune

It's easy to hold Congress in contempt when their actions are this contemptible.

Schiff and Nader made up their own rules and ignored existing rules throughout their hearings, whenever it was convenient for them to do so.

Both of them should be in a cage in Gitmo for sedition against the lawful government.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join