It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban "Assault rifles!" Liberal Politicians Fear Violent Uprising by Americans.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: ChefFox
It would be a national blood bath if they tried to take our weapons.

No it wouldn't. You'd roll over. Just like every other individual.

If you opposed your government with arms, they would shell you from over the horizon. They have the means and, really, what's to stop them.

They'd probably have a flag waving news report on FauxNews about government soldiers bravely subduing a violent terrorist group. And your President would nod gravely and give a speech about "these criminals who violently oppose the freedom and peace of the American people".

Government wouldn't have to do that. Its citizens will turn over gun owners of their own accord.

Well, it IS their civic duty.

In California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and any other left state sure it is....

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If you opposed your government with arms, they would shell you from over the horizon. They have the means and, really, what's to stop them.

They'd probably have a flag waving news report on FauxNews about government soldiers bravely subduing a violent terrorist group. And your President would nod gravely and give a speech about "these criminals who violently oppose the freedom and peace of the American people".

Government wouldn't have to do that. Its citizens will turn over gun owners of their own accord.

Well, it IS their civic duty.

In California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and any other left state sure it is....

But those places have the largest populations. They are America.

Other places would just be some little 'un-American' minority enclave, wouldn't they?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What happened to "government of the people, by the people, for the people" not perishing from the Earth? Was the Gettysburg address just BS to placate and control?

Ask the media and its sycophants...

Is that a "yes"?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Mmmmmmm yeah.......I don’t thank so. You obviously don’t know any of my friends. There’s around 250 million guns in America owned by people that intend to keep them at all cost. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That's what I get for using my phone to internet, I guess. Obvious typo is obvious and my point still stands.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Mmmmmmm yeah.......I don’t thank so. You obviously don’t know any of my friends. There’s around 250 million guns in America owned by people that intend to keep them at all cost. Good luck with that.

y
How many of your friends, then threatened with the slaughter of everyone and every family member you hold dear with keep their silence under threat of persecution?

Would you? Would you keep your silence knowing said silence dooms your family to death to keep mine from safety?

Would I be willing to keep my family from torture knowing giving you up would free mine from said treatment?

Too far extreme? Just wait until said questioned are rendered upon those of faith.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

y
How many of your friends, then threatened with the slaughter of everyone and every family member you hold dear with keep their silence under threat of persecution?

Would you? Would you keep your silence knowing said silence dooms your family to death to keep mine from safety?

Would I be willing to keep my family from torture knowing giving you up would free mine from said treatment?

Too far extreme? Just wait until said questioned are rendered upon those of faith.

Seems you would sell your soul for the right price.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

y

Seems you would sell your soul for the right price.

.....and there ya go.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

“It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Interesting that you would use a quote often attributed to a mexican leftist, Emiliano Zapata.

It is also attributed to Che Guevara.
edit on 9-12-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Truth is truth, irregardless of its source.

Doesn't mean I'm going to turn all Che, or anything like that...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

would I?

...and you know this how?

There's a very trite saying, and it's applicable to many of us. "Better to die free, than live as a slave."

You may be comfortable kowtowing to whomever has the guns...I'm not. Will I shoot it out with the cops? No. I'm smarter than that, that has only one outcome...and not a good one for me. I can, however, play the game, just as resistance fighters and guerrillas have done for countless years. Pretend acquiescence, then cut throats when their backs are turned--if only metaphorically...or maybe not so metaphorically.

That would depend very much on them.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I agree. I just happened to see this video of old Che:

At 1:04 he says "they will die for their only, true and inalienable freedom", when speaking of the communist movement.

It stuck me as odd that it sounded so much like the FF of the US while pitching a diametrically opposed system. Who was being honest? The guy that had a bunch of people stand in front of the firing squad or the ones who took the american Native's land?

Maybe neither, so why quote either?

I guess we can say because truth is truth, but is it really true or do we just accept it as truth when we like what we hear because we like the source it is "attributed" to?

edit on 9-12-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The true purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to allow the citizens to overthrow the government, should the need arise.

Exactly and aren't we the american people derelict in our duty. As citizens
of the United States of America Aren't we now supposed to be helping our
President maintain a more perfect gov.? If Tyrants want our weapons so they
can take away the rest of our rights after they throw out the duly elect..
Shouldn't we take a militia to Washington? Can armed citizens not descend
peacefully on D.C. and back the Pres. they voted for and make demands?
Like maybe all the perspective tyrants get their asses back to work.
Is Trump hoping for something like that? He might be.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join