It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 killed in bloody gunfights in northern Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
MainStreamMedia said the 5 people stabbed in London this weekend was a bigger deal.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was so tempted to do a pro-wall reply like "Build the wall!" etc to get a bunch of stars but..

..I'm not that low. What good are stars anyway? Btw, aren't all gunfights in which someone is shot "bloody"?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
MainStreamMedia said the 5 people stabbed in London this weekend was a bigger deal.

It works on a sliding scale pending needed narrative.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Umm WHAT? Mexico and London? Am I missing something here?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Maybe if it was a gun free zone.

Maybe if America didn’t supply 70% of the guns in Mexico.

Yep, thanks obama

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: carsforkids

Oh, there's some truth to that... But, never forget, those people who have to work the next day, have things worth fighting for. Homes. Families. Etc...

They'd rather not, I'm sure. I know I don't...not that that would stop me from doing so should the need arise. I may lose, sure, but they'd know I'd been there, and there'd be fewer for the next person to have to deal with.

Well then I like you and would be honored to have your back! ANYTIME!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

It works on a sliding scale pending needed narrative.

Chicago news chooses a story that's "caught on tape" as the #1 newsworthy item every day.

Car hits fire hydrant and videotaped, it tops 6 people shot at Star Bucks, that wasn't taped.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Umm WHAT? Mexico and London? Am I missing something here?

Thinking is not required, just be outraged brah while listening to media like the cool cats do.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I don't think I've gotten pissed about the media in years. I've known it was fake for a long time and purposely avoid allowing it to upset me. I usually make jokes out of it.

I see it as the "two minutes of hate" exercise detailed in 1984. They somehow get everyone to hate a specific target and everyone is encouraged to scream and throw a tantrum.

It's mind control.

So therefore I will NOT get mad at the TV, ever again, as I'm not mind slave for whoever controls the programming on the tube.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

It takes courage and conviction to step outside the paradigm, perhaps some of the hardships you recently experienced had a role to play in that.

The 2 minutes of hate, I'd forgotten about that.

I'm half cut so forgive my nuiance, obviously you figured it out some time ago, perhaps saying it would have bolstered your conviction would be more appropriate.
edit on 2-12-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I'm with my kids now, the X is being super super cool and helping me with things too. It's like the weirdest thing for lots of reasons.

Back to the thread topic - did you know that if we count all drug war killings in Mexico that it is a higher intensity conflict than even Syria in recent years?

Of course the Syrian conflict has died down so the casualty counts are low there, but the fact Mexico has more deaths than any other conflict in recent years is shocking.

The biggest war on Earth is most definitely Mexico the last 3 or 4 years. I'm going purely by kill counts alone to formulate this characterization.

Umm wiki current warzone death counts, that's where I got the data. It's unbelievable that Mexico is the hotspot right now.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When para military gangs, criminals and drug cartels run the show in your country. When human life is a cheap commodity. When there is no help from the authority or the military, because it's powerless. When these criminals hold the entire country hostage. By way of fear, intimidation, murder and corruption.

Wise orange man once said..."Sh**hole country". You can take offence to the truth all you want...it changes not what is. And to be perfectly clear...it always is...cultural.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I didn't know that, interesting to say the least. I'm going to pay closer attention to what's going on in the other America's from now on...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
When para military gangs, criminals and drug cartels run the show in your country.

Or when the MIC, the mob and big pharma (could probably throw a couple more in there) run the show in your country...you probably shouldn't be throwing stones.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

fine man. You choose where you wanna live. Let's ask an average Mexican...what do y'a think ?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
I'm not talking about people choosing where they want to live. I'm talking about americans living in a place where gun violence is prevalent calling other places with the same problem "Sh**hole countries".

ETA: And, as my post indicated, it isn't just gun violence. It also includes corruption, militarization, organized crime and a systematic exploitation of the populace through drugs, "legally" when possible but flowing from the south when not.

edit on 2-12-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
When para military gangs, criminals and drug cartels run the show in your country. When human life is a cheap commodity. When there is no help from the authority or the military, because it's powerless. When these criminals hold the entire country hostage. By way of fear, intimidation, murder and corruption.

Wise orange man once said..."Sh**hole country". You can take offence to the truth all you want...it changes not what is. And to be perfectly clear...it always is...cultural.

So your saying America is a #hole country, ok then...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

there's a fine distinction..one you will probably never understand. Do criminals run the show, or are they in hiding from the law ?

Is the populace in fear or is the rule of law established and criminals are arrested, tried and sentenced.

That is the whole problem with sh**hole countries. It's not whether there are terrorists, but is there a rule of law and does it protect it's citizens.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Right, well. Since you are clearly so enlightened you should carry on chinwagging with folk are woke as you are...

edit on 2-12-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: Reeeeee = nailed it...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Scenaro: What if there is a civil war in Mexico which spills over into the continental United States ?

With all the Narcos embedded in the USA already; talk about sleeper cells willing to do their masters bidding, MS-13 comes to mind as the cartel's expendable hired hitmen for the low and dirty jobs .. But every major city in the USA has some branch of a Mexican cartel which will move when ordered IMO.

There are Narco governors and politicians in Mexico.. They are the political arm of the Cartels. They do what they are told or they and their entire families are killed; plus they get paid handsomely for their campaigns and whatever.

When I say civil war it will be between the corrupt cops and corrupt military taking on the good guys in the same organization. Who outnumbers who is the question as the cartel are probably better financed if not internally then with their international connections IMO.

America sends help and then it is game on..

Mexico is a doorway into America that seems to be unable to be locked. Could America's enemies be taking part in some of the mayhem we see as they ferment their future plans ... Red dawn etc ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Consider all that an over active imagination when considering the possibilities in an outlandish sort of way..

However if any of this is true or possible just watch as when the first shots are fired there will be new calls for gun confiscation at a time when Americans will truly need to be armed ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join