It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruling: Anti-Savage Web Site URL Can Remain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Savage Stupidity Web Site Can Continue

An arbitrator has ruled that a Santa Cruz couple can keep the World Wide Web domain name SavageStupidity.com, which criticizes conservative talk radio host Michael Savage.

Talk Radio Networks Inc., the company that syndicates Savage's radio show, had filed a claim seeking to gain possession of the domain name, saying it was "confusingly similar" to its "Michael Savage" trademark and the various domain names owned by the company and used in conjunction with Savage's "The Savage Nation" radio show.

On Friday, arbitrator Karl Fink ruled in favor of SavageStupidity.com owners Thomas and Gunilla Leavitt and said that the domain name was not confusingly similar.

"This was clearly a meritless filing, intended only to harass and intimidate Savage's critics," Thomas Leavitt said. "Savage's attempt to squelch his critics has backfired in a major way, leading to a tenfold surge in traffic to SavageStupidity.com and vastly increased awareness of the retrograde nature of Savage's commentary among the general public."

The Leavitts still face a federal lawsuit brought by TRN over the SavageStupidity.com Web site.

savagestupidity.com

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Grrrr!!! I'm going to hunt the owners of this website down. I will kill them Vampire style and then watch their bodies fly off a cliff with a cynder block tied to thier feet.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's very sad, because Savage is very right in many things.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 10-7-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Freemason

Yes, from what I hear, very, very, very right, in all things.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
LOL!!
Good play on words, M-A.

I came across that site a few days ago. I was hoping to find some good counter points when I entered, but it turned out to be nothing more than an "I hate Michael" site.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
He's just another homphobe racist.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow! You must write for the anti-Michael site! Again, accusations without substance.

If you were to listen to the radio show you'd know that he is by no means either a homophobe or racist. I understand how you are with your labels. Its in your team's playbook; when one cannot win on merit, demonize and villanize.

Such tactics won't work on the discerning and the intelligent, they will work on the brain numbed TV gazing masses.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just another anti conservative talk show site.

Colonel he is'nt racist or a homophobe,he just expresses his views more strongly than O'Reilly and Rush. He's the conservative's conservative.

Maybe its cause Savage is against Affirmative Action, and think gays are immoral.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No maybe its bacuase he's a racist homophobe. Mr. Weiner is all that and that's why MSNBC FIRED him.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Once again you have no backing in your claims, just saying "He's a racist homophobe" is'nt going to work.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
By Weiner:

"Oh, you're one of the sodomites," the Nazi Weiner spewed at a caller.
"You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. ...you piece of garbage.
You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it."

A racist homphobe and he was fired for it.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
& you still don't see why he's a homophobe? I saw a clip last night on the news of Bush in Africa & they showed CHILDREN who are dying of AIDS! AIDS IS NOT A GAY DISEASE! Savage is a homophobe & he's a hate monger!

Anyone who doesn't see Savage as a gay basher needs to look at all the things in the past that he's said about gays! He claims to be a moral loving American citizen, but he hates gays. Thats like me saying I love India, but hate all Hindus!Why are all these people OBSESSED with gay people?Who are these people to judge others by their sexual orrientation?What gives them the right? IMO, only one will judge me & thats GOD! For all these right wingers to bitch about gays & point the finger at them is just human arrogance!

[Edited on 10-7-2003 by romantico]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"Choke on some sausage" & "Are you one of them Sodomites"? Oh no, he's not a hate mongering homophobe, my mistake *sarcasm*

By the way, staright people can also practice anal sex, how come they aren't called sodomites by these hateful loudmouths?!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He beats Dr. Laura.

now thats a menopausal nut case that should be taken off the air

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Is another hate monger who will be next I hope!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He has some extreme views about gays,but he does'nt hate them, he thinks they are wrong and immoral to do as they do. If he hates anything about them he hates the "art of being gay". As in the Bible it says "Hate the sin,love the sinner". Its okay for him to "hate" the pracitce of homosexuality,but not the gay people. Quite simple.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
as long as your not humpin sheep and goats, I say anything goes. your body, your right to do as you please with it.

who's to say what you can and cannot do with your winkie

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I agree 100%!!!

Why can't people just leave gays alone & let them be treated equal?They pay taxes like everyone else, they fight & serve in the military, they work jobs, pay their bills,whats wrong with that?If you don't like what they do,so what?Its YOUR problem & no one eleses!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Because we have people like Savage and his supporters (mostly republican) won't allow that to happen. They have to hate.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Because we have people like Savage and his supporters (mostly republican) won't allow that to happen. They have to hate.

This is funny coming from someone who hates a person for being a Republican!!?

Savage was pink-slipped because he let some freak get the best of him and he let loose his temper. I have never heard his show, so I am not here defending the guy.

The word homophobe is thrown around alot by gay sympathizers to somehow indicate a pathalogical defect in the minds of anyone, Repub, Dem, Indep, pastor, family pet, who finds the practice of deviant bum buffers ill-fitting to the atmosphere.

A phobia is an unreasonable fear of something. I do not see having an opinion on something as being in fear??!

Liberals who are part and parcel of the Gay agenda love to hammer regular folk who think the activities of certain individuals promotes a disease that KILLS people are out of place?!
I have been casually aquinted with many gay individuals through work and in the military (where we all got along and worked hard together). I never feared for my well being or thought it would rub off lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join