It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Black Superman now really?, Black Batman it Shows an Agenda, Lazy Writing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You heartless swine aren't thinking about the poor, poor children. There aren't enough black people in the film industry. The kids need to able look up on the screen and see people the same color as they are to feel good about themselves so they can strive for their dreams on the silver screen. This is exactly why I think all of the rosters in the NBA should be reformed to reflect the racial percentages of the cities they play in as well. We clearly need to end the meritocracy in sports so young, white children can look up on the screen and see someone the same color as them so they can achieve their athletic dreams. Color is what makes a person. Nothing else. Color is paramount. Get with it, people.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Whats next.. white panther ?

That's racist... and I won't tolerate that

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Okay, wasn't going to give this idea away, but what the heck.

Picture a fat, balding engineer with the super power to. . . . .

Step on any available Lego barefoot that his kid drops.

*boom*

Box office hit.

You're welcome.

Oh so your reality is now worthy of Hollywood is it

Make it animated, with blender, and you know it.

You know it.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Who said it was my reality?

Hell, I'm watching it right now,

on MindTube.. So many bloody adverts though..

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

CHINESE SUPERUMANU!!

He can leapu over any buildingu!
Bendu steelu with bare handu!
And With the Chinese flag, Sell you anything!!! *Rampant scary face while bending a truck*

Our nations superu hero!!

CHINESE SUPERUMANU!!!

dont think it'd sell back in the day.. but we're in better times now. hey.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh yeah Japan did it.. sort of..

Oh and btw, if you havenet seen this film, your life is not complete. Just don't watch nit on any mind altering substances... It's going to do that for you.. I mean.. a monster tearing down building to then pop it's egg shute into the remains to lay eggs..

Onya Japan..

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

DB will take $25 pw to remove the ads for you...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The Pirates have taken over a certain bay and they never advertise...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

DB will take $25 pw to remove the ads for you...

No, it's good. I just installed an adblocker.

Cheap wine does that.. Oo

edit on 29-11-2019 by gallop because: agoog doog?? this proves it is working.. oO

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Do you have a 3 day growth ?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: ChefFox

The blame will be racism even though the last several superman movies were flops with a white actor.

Being a local lad, Henry Cavill is for the most-part hailed as some kind of hero over here (Jersey, CI), but I have to agree, he made for a terrible Superman.

Like, Lois was in a relationship dude, WTH were you thinking? Stop acting so desperate!

I used to like Superman as a child, now I just think he's a douche lol

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

a reply to: gallop

Do you have a 3 day growth ?

Doesn't take me 3 days..

I get that bastard in 12 hours.

Why?

Ohhh I get it..

Cheap wine and a 3 day growth is a dream of mine.. not that I like barnsey too much.. but I wish it would take longer..

More like, cheap wine and a fibrous test, these days..

For our friends who may not know the old classic... (I just forgot I mentioned the cheap wine, lol)

You'll dig it...
edit on 29-11-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I like you dude.. we should get along more, more...

stop talking US bolloxtics.. just be us..

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just to throw it into the mix, DC comics also did a communist superman in "Red Son"...

Sometimes they just have fun with characters.
edit on 29-11-2019 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don’t think it’s a big deal. There’s a billion white Supermans. Black panther was a huge success. It’s just business. They see a demograph that’s been largely ignored and they are taking advantage of it.

Also, this is what bothers you? Lol with everything going on in the world a black Superman is something to rant about?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

I am thinking about the poor, poor black children. They need more Black Panthers and fewer heroes who are merely black-washed white males. I mean isn't a white man a white man even if you give him a black skin? We are talking about Superman who is the epitome of whiter than white bread small town Kansas farm boy.

So either you have a counter culture black or you end up ret-conning the entire Superman story to the point where no one recognizes the character anymore and it likely fails on all angles.

Just freakin' create a new, powerful black superhero. Black Panther is proof of concept. He has broad appeal because he is his own character and not some diversity retread.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster
I don’t think it’s a big deal. There’s a billion white Supermans. Black panther was a huge success. It’s just business. They see a demograph that’s been largely ignored and they are taking advantage of it.

Also, this is what bothers you? Lol with everything going on in the world a black Superman is something to rant about?

So you're down with a new type of blaxploitation?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. I’m down with an open and free market. There are millions of black people in the US. They are bound to be businesses marketing to them.
edit on 29-11-2019 by Secretrooster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No. I’m down with an open and free market. There are millions of black people in the US. They are bound to be businesses marketing to them.

And I'm completely fine with that, just create the black superhero already. Why is that so hard? We know it works and we know that when done right, you catch more markets than just one narrow demographic too.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

And I'm completely fine with that, just create the black superhero already. Why is that so hard? We know it works and we know that when done right, you catch more markets than just one narrow demographic too.

Super heroes have been recycled over and over and over. Business wise, it makes sense to adapt something that’s recognizable. Superman for instance. Everyone knows who Superman is. Also, the majority of people are going to watch it no matter his color.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join