It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Black Superman now really?, Black Batman it Shows an Agenda, Lazy Writing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
We've surpased a virtue signal milestone, where they are virtuesignaling so hard, they get to tell you what movies you HAVE to like.

This species is doomed

Which is why we don't go to the theater and rarely watch movies. We are watching a series on Netflix that has obvious political bias though, I caught it immediately and it didn't get through the first episode before it made the comments.

Nothing since so we'll see how it turns out.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Appease? Pullesssse. For whatever reason, you are making simple marketing and sales decisions and turning them into some kind of racially motivated war on white people. My only guess as to why you see it that way might be that you are feeling oppressed. Are you? Feeling oppressed because a huge freekin corporation has decided to bolster a waning icon by depicting a fictional character different from what you are used to?

For crying out loud. must your aliens also be white? Superman is a fictional character from another planet with super powers ''far beyond those of mortal men''. Superman is not black or white or in between. He is a bloomin ALIEN>>.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I love all cultures equally, but isn't this a form of racism? If a white man played Huey P Newton, (black panther leader) you wouldnt hear the end of it.

In Canada, they made such a huge deal over Trudeau and the "Blackface" debacle.

I have no problem with it, but society would for sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Remember Will Smith played James West. That went over big, didn't it.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
A Black Superman now really?, Black Batman it Shows an Agenda a Pattern by Hollywood and Western Comics.

It appears that DC comics maybe planning a another DC movie about Superman but a Black Superman. If anything should DC comics go forward with this movie i dont see how its going to be a popular just because they announced that they might include the actor who acted as black panther.
If anything this is lazy race pandering and race baiting.
Alot of DC comics even African readers are not very happy about this.

Michael B Jordan, Warner Bros Have Discussed Black Superman Pitch

What is black any superhero gonna do different than regular any superhero?

This # #s me..

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Blackman, na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, Blackman!

"Mother of melanism, Blackman", it's the 'Pryor'"!

Biff! Pow. Spliff! Toke?

edit on 28/11/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Appease? Pullesssse. For whatever reason, you are making simple marketing and sales decisions and turning them into some kind of racially motivated war on white people. My only guess as to why you see it that way might be that you are feeling oppressed. Are you? Feeling oppressed because a huge freekin corporation has decided to bolster a waning icon by depicting a fictional character different from what you are used to?

For crying out loud. must your aliens also be white? Superman is a fictional character from another planet with super powers ''far beyond those of mortal men''. Superman is not black or white or in between. He is a bloomin ALIEN>>.

You must never have read comics or you would know a couple of things. Regardless of being from another planet, Superman was definitely white, as was Batman and a host of other characters, but there were also several very prominent black, brown, red and yellow (and alien) superheroes because writers like Stan Lee were trying to get people to look at behavior instead of skin color. They were some of the pioneers of race equality and featured several series of comics that showed blacks, whites, hispanics, asians and natives working together in the 60s-80s when I was reading and collecting heavily. Not just superheroes but other major characters as well, Robbie Robertson (Daily Bugle editor-in-chief) being one of them when there weren't that many blacks in positions like that at that time. Shoot, most of the villians in comics back then were tough, white street thugs or mobsters. With the exceptions being mutants like Doc Octopus and the Green Goblin or the Sandman mostly.

I don't see what you're seeing in this. The current swapping of races and genders in characters in movies looks very much like pandering to the politically correct crowd. No one should feel threatened or oppressed, it's really just a poor movie-making trend out of a business with no new ideas.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My guess is budget. It's not the 90s anymore. Studios can't afford to fund zillions of movies anymore. There's no reason why movies with black main characters shouldn't be made but I guess they're trying to push movies that will appeal to a broad audience and they think the time has come where people aren't gonna make a fuss about it.

I mean, in theory, I suppose it's admirable. Nobody really wants to be racist anymore. Well, OK. Some people do but most people are over it. The world really needs to put that crap behind us. But you know there are always rabble rousers who don't want that.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Meh.

I'm holding out for a blonde Asian transsexual Dominatrix to play the part.

SuperMa'am.

Or, a dominating drag queen terminator, "Terminatrix: Rise of the Fashionistas".

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What about a new DC character. It's a cross-dressing native of Krypton. This character was a cross-species of Kryptonian and a neighboring star system creature. The being was incarcerated on Krypton, sealed in a vault that protected it from the explosion of Krypton. The being was freed from it's tomb by a ship from the neighboring star system that captured it when it was discovered drifting in space toward that planet. That star system is centered by a red dwarf sun....which (similar to the Yellow sun affects on Superman) affected this being in a similar manner.

The entire story could take place on that planet around the red dwarf sun.

Nah....Too imaginative for Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Okay, wasn't going to give this idea away, but what the heck.

Picture a fat, balding engineer with the super power to. . . . .

Step on any available Lego barefoot that his kid drops.

*boom*

Box office hit.

You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

As a kid, I devoured super hero comic books

I don't see what you're seeing in this. The current swapping of races and genders in characters in movies looks very much like pandering to the politically correct crowd.

And yes, Stand Lee did create characters of other than white races. i'm not, but it could be suggested that THAT was pandering to minorities. One might also suggest that if not all, then the majority of those characters were ''side kicks'' and other support characters.

But yes, I agree when you say ''the current swapping of races and genders in characters in movies looks very much like pandering to the politically correct crowd. The operative word there being ''LOOKS''.

So I do see it. I see that it CAN look like that, but mostly to those who are looking for that. Me? Even though I can see it as well I still can see that while that may alienate many consumers of comic book movies, it still is a business decision. A decision that seeks new markets because the old market is growing older and in many cases like myself dying off. New markets, global markets, international and multi-racial markets.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was thinking they need to just give in and make a whole new series.... the Social Justice Warriors.

It can star characters like SuperWoke, Snowflake, Soy Boy and Captain Triggered.

Their superhero lair would be known as the Safe Space.

They can battle the evil forces of MAGA.

edit on 28-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Okay, wasn't going to give this idea away, but what the heck.

Picture a fat, balding engineer with the super power to. . . . .

Step on any available Lego barefoot that his kid drops.

*boom*

Box office hit.

You're welcome.

Oh so your reality is now worthy of Hollywood is it

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Who said it was my reality?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I was thinking they need to just give in and make a whole new series.... the Social Justice Warriors.

It can star characters like SuperWoke, Snowflake, Soy Boy and Captain Triggered.

Their superhero lair can be the Safe Space.

They can battle the evil forces of MAGA.

Just as long as they don't gender identify.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Superman was definitely white, as was Batman and a host of other characters,

Just a follow up to that last post, Why were Superman, Batman and all those others white? Could it be that the market targeted were white boys whose parents were well off enough to be able to afford them an allowance? That was the demographic I was in when i read them. Then, as i was addicted, i spent my own money on them.

Could it be that little black boys back then were considered by society to be second class citizens? And because of this lived apart from the more affluent white neighborhoods? It was true where I lived, We lived in a nice suburb of WWll vets and their families. There were no black people in our town. But out by the bay where we went to dump our garbage in the ''fill'' there was a slum with wooden sidewalks with the smell of the refuge wafting all day and night. That was the only place black people were allowed to live.

That was part of the society into which these 'super heroes'' were introduced. Sure they were white.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Alexa did.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Alexa did.

Bezos owes me money, he's always had it out for me, bastard!

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I will only say, that Superman was never defined by his skin color in the original comics, only as an alien to Earth. Explorations of that planet in future comics included a diverse appearance of citizens, but in writing physical appearance was never definEd or focused on.

No reason a black Kryptonian could not have been sent on the same exact path growing up as a farmer in Kansas, Iowa, Idaho Montana Oklahoma or wherever he crash lands. It's about the person, not his appearance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join