It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God that ate you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

So I can save us both time, is your post basically interested in some sort of syncretism between ancient Middle Eastern religions and languages pointing toward some rationalization of modern religious beliefs?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It was a pew report stating that most Catholics don’t believe that the communion wafer and wine don’t turn into real blood and flesh as I stated

That's nice. It also makes it clear that transubstantiation is Church dogma as I stated in my initial post which you replied to and said, 'Hur-dur, what iz you sayings?'. After which you moved the goal posts and comically provided a link that supported what I said.

raggedyman, making debating easy since forever.

NO
“So you actually believe bread wafers and wine magically turn into real blood and flesh in Catholic Churches and people drink real blood and eat real flesh
Puts a whole new perspective on that for me, thanks.”
That’s what I said

Never suggested it wasn’t dogma

Where did I say it wasn’t dogma

Yawn

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's nice. Transubstantiation, Church dogma, your link proved it, thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

I would be inclined to disagree but it’s subjective
I doubt most people even back then lacked that much common sense

Why would you disagree with a truth (are you hard headed or just a brat)?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Are you focusing on the idea that El/Yah/YHVH is a derivative god from Egypt?
Or that the Egyptian version is a cannibal?
Or yet another point I haven’t considered?

Stolen; all ideas/everything from Egypt (including the mer-ka-ba vehicle iconography that became the Star of David standard).

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Must be a mason thing is it, not admitting you are wrong, poor boy
Fear and terror you can't admit you failed, imagine all the "brothers" watching you fail.
You are a miserable failure to your brother Mason's, is that it
Lost and failed to me, here on ats, in front of everyone, what a failure

It's ok AM, I make mistakes on here as well, I accept them graciously and move on
It's a big flaw in your character if you can't see you are a failure

See my son of failures, I never questioned the doctrine of transub, questioned its place in Catholic doctrine, I was raised a Catholic, you clearly fail to see I stated most Catholics don't believe in transub, then went and showed you and everyone links how you failed to see most Catholics don't believe in transub

You are wrong, failed, look foolish in front of all ats and what?
You still harp on

You know AM, people can read this thread, read the postings, read what has transpired, people are not completely stupid

Your hands are tied and I am pummeling you

My next trick is to itemize our conversation in a post setting out where I accept transub then state most Catholics disagree with it, your reply then mine

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

a reply to: vethumanbeing

I would be inclined to disagree but it’s subjective
I doubt most people even back then lacked that much common sense

Why would you disagree with a truth (are you hard headed or just a brat)?

Clearly I made a mistake in my last post

Please tell me vet where I disagreed with the truth, I would appreciate that

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Madras

Do catholics not eat Jesus and Drink his blood also, puts a whole new perspective on that for me, thanks.

See here Augustus, Madrusas first post where he states "do Catholics", asking if all Catholics believe, can you follow the context of the question

Do Catholics believe?

Comprehend it, use some comprehension skills, foolish boy

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Do catholics not eat Jesus and Drink his blood also, puts a whole new perspective on that for me, thanks.

So you actually believe bread wafers and wine magically turn into real blood and flesh in Catholic Churches and people drink real blood and eat real flesh
Puts a whole new perspective on that for me, thanks.

And my reply
Note my reply wasn't directed at you, didn't relate to dogma, it was a simple question to an individual,

See Mason, it's a question to an individual about their beliefs, unrelated to Catholic doctrine.
Comprehend that's?
Consider it

Do you understand that's?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Transubstantiation has been Catholic dogma for well over a thousand years.

And here comes the failure

Trying to show how smart he is (that's you AM)

Stating the obvious like he is a theological giant of Catholicism
Pointless, star and flag greedy irrelevant to the conversation one liner

Anyway, you have some fun, go moan to a mod

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It'''s more concerned with how a destructive principle can be constructively applied in Theological terms, the Sumerians considered that Lamastu had been exiled to a mountain in the Sinai/Sutean region and that also the An-zu bird had stolen the Tablet of Destiny and taken it there, but Lamastu was so destructive at the Cosmic level including destroying life as soon as it emerged, the eating of babies for dinner, that it's impossible to conceive of anything constructive in her name.

A principle that destroys in order to expand is more interesting, thus the interest in Khonsu son of Sekhmet.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Do you think I meant wine and bread actually turned into blood and flesh? That's crazy!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Do you think I meant wine and bread actually turned into blood and flesh? That's crazy!

And so do many Catholics was my point
It’s spiritual not literal and most Catholics understand it’s a spiritual statement

I was just amazed that you inferred that catholics took it literal, evidence is they don’t, most don’t at least

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Thanks for your link, hopefully it helped you.

Make a few more posts talking to yourself, you obviously need the moral support.

edit on 30-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I don't believe anything in the bible is literal, I mean all Christian holidays where pagan first, Jesus story is celebrated on 25th December, when the Sun is born after the winter equinox, after it had been gone for 3 days.
Then there's the most common numbers of the bible like 3, 7, 12, orions belt, pleiades constellation (seven sisters), signs of zodiac.
I could go on but it's clear to me the bible has not to be taken literally.
edit on 30-11-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Really
You still yapping at me
Telling me how many stars and flags you have son

I don’t care, it’s irrelevant, just like your comment to me at the front of this thread.

You dumb bombed it buddy and now have to wear the dumb
Stop yapping about how clever and relevant your opinion is, it’s not and you are looking more foolish with every word

You butted into a conversation you were not part of and tried desperately hard to sound like an intellectual, you are not, you dumb bombed it son
Now before you tar and feather yourself with any more irrelevant and pointless comments about whatever else is dumb and irrelevant, walk away

Telling me about transub and ALL Catholics believing it, that’s just dumb
Non recoverable dumb Gus, just dumb son
Walk away, non recoverable dumb

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

This was your question MM, that one above

Not interested in all your other ideas, just this one, don’t mind what you believe

As I showed in the links I posted previously
The majority of Catholics believe that the bread and wine DONT turn into real blood and real flesh
That’s it, that’s all, no more, not interested in stars, pagan holidays, or random numbers, Catholicism or your other beliefs, sorry

edit on 30-11-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

OK bud I don't want to upset you, but instead of saying you were brought up Catholic you should be more precise and say you have been conditioned by Catholicism, that's why you wont entertain ideas that go against your beliefs that are set in stone, think about this if you had been conditioned by Islamic teachings you would be a Muslim. Buddhism, Satanism. Etc etc.....

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Interesting
I don’t believe in the papacy, their bulls, the catholic hierarchy, priests, transub, saints, praying to Mary or the saints, rosary, reciting prayers, creedlism, I also don’t believe most Catholics believe in most catholic theology/ doctrine and on and on the list goes
Not much if any Catholicism is relevant to me, I find it despicable
In fact the best I can offer is that there are some true Christians in their church doing their best

Less catholic than you I expect

I don’t believe in the Apostolic, charismatic, Pentecostal Christian Faiths either mostly
But whatever, that’s fine by me, believe as you wish

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I don’t care...

You do.

Go reread your link again, it's educational.

Telling me about transub and ALL Catholics believing it

It would be awesome if you had a quote of me saying that, but you don't, so it's not that awesome.

edit on 30-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join