It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God that ate you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Dig that
www.pewresearch.org...
Dig that AM

Son?
Really, belittle me and ignore the reality
Get some brains before showing your balls

Look like a fool with that talk, talk is cheap.
It’s a fact, there is the evidence

Unless I conspired to rewrite catholic opinion on my own

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's nice and it actually proves my point, transubstantiation is Church doctrine.

If you were paying attention that would have registered, but maybe tell us about the Protestants again. LULZ.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Is that your best, lulz 😆

I am not arguing church doctrine, never did
I know what Catholicism teaches, very aware of that, never questioned what Catholicism teaches, never, I can say never again if you want

I stated that most Catholics don’t believe the bread and wine turn into real flesh and blood, on board yet?
Need some help?

Your point, who cares what your point is, it was never relevant, still isn’t

You win a strawman award, good for you son

😆👍

And to be clear, I believe many Catholics are true Christians, slightly different beliefs to mine but none God can’t deal with, not even saying I am perfect in my theology

edit on 28-11-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I am not arguing church doctrine, never did

Sure you did when you asked me what my first post was about. Try reading it again, this time try to absorb what I said. It shouldn't be too hard for you, it's only one sentence.

I know what Catholicism teaches...

Sure you do.

I stated that most Catholics don’t believe the bread and wine turn into real flesh and blood, on board yet?

No, at first you questioned only the one poster. After you were educated that transubstantiation is Church doctrine you then went and shifted the goal posts. But that's what people who try to act clever typically do when they're wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't like the propaganda and the inconsistencies of the Catholic churches teachings, I was raised to protest against it... But tell me if its all about forgiveness, why not forgive lucifer I mean he sounds alright because I love to learn and he's the bringer of knowledge, whats your take on the light bringer.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

As I said, I choose who I listen to
you are not in the mix

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Because I am not commanded to
Love is a duty, work that out, read Kierkegaard, he explains it well

What is between God and Lucifer s not my business or my concern.
Loving and forgiving is tough enough never mind adding what is beyond me to deal with

My take, not a concern
Gods issue, mine is different

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would say love/hate is natural and only a psychopath cannot experience these emotions. So not a duty as there is no choice involved.
For the average person you can't choose to love it just happens, nothing tough about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I think don’t think you could find logical arguments against your views in a secular understanding
I believe with the indwelling of the Spirit, logic is not the standard

And I am not saying hate love is not a natural, I am saying it’s a choice that must be exercised, must be applied with effort
edit on 28-11-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

Yea, never understood how an L is Y, or a Y is an L due to a language barrier.

Well, that may cover Yah, but in Judaism they use Yah Weh, or Elohim, which was originally a plethora of gods, then just became singular, which may have to do with what Yah Weh mean in their tongue.

If I recall, EL is sumerian for the word God, so maybe something similar happened with the phonetics with Sumeriansa like the Egyptians?
edit on 28-11-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

El was the equivalent of Sumerian En-lil one of his titles pre-dating Israel was El-yah meaning El that causes to be, Yahweh indicates causes to be life, so the association was shared between the two but they were distinct, until Yah the Moon God assimilated El and the rest of the Pantheon.

The generative aspect of the Moon was related to its effects on tides and rivers and cycles in general.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Are you focusing on the idea that El/Yah/YHVH is a derivative god from Egypt?

Or that the Egyptian version is a cannibal?

Or yet another point I haven’t considered?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

El was derived from Mesopotamian tradition and while recognized as an ancestral God also marginalized along with the rest of that Pantheon, interest in Yah in Egypt increased with the Hyksos who identified the name with their own Semitic Deity, YHWH of the Sinai region, following the Hyksos expulsion and the suppression of Atenism is the historical backdrop for Egyptian elements, Khonsu and Djehuty, to be introduced into the Sinai cult of Yah and the development of the Henotheistic scribal tradition.

YHWH as the generator of life also had correspondence to Djehuty and the Egyptian scribal tradition of the House of Life, that generated all the religious texts of Egyot, without that element no Bible.

It would seem that the House of Life had both a practical use and a deeply religious significance. Its very title may reflect the power of life that was believed to exist in the divinely inspired writings composed, copied, and often stored there...In one ancient text the books in the House of Life are claimed not only to have the ability to renew life but actually to be able to provide the food and sustenance needed for the continuation of life

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

As I said, I choose who I listen to
you are not in the mix

That's nice, doesn't change the fact you're wrong, or even more comically, proved my point with your own link.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Isn’t “El” a common element in proto-Semitic languages for “god” or “power” as in ancient Hebrew, Phoenician, etc. as well as modern derivatives like Arabic?

Hasn’t “El” (as a unique deity) been placed more geographically in the Canaanite region? Perhaps some eastern Mesopotamians might have shared the language or the word ... how are you deriving El from the Mesopotamian pantheon?

Also, the title of your thread is “The God that Ate You” so ... are you interested in the cannibalism angle you referred to earlier or is that incidental to your argument?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes in the sense of Male generative power and no different than Al-(lah), the En tradition of Sumer was the equivalent but sources to Hurrian were the Eni was the Divine generative force, complementary to Nun/Nin as Feminine.

So the same principle is expressed in two differing language groups, the Northern Semitic Pantheon of Syria was directly influenced by Northern Mesopotamia and Anatolia but adjusted to their language.

The cannibalism theme is central to an ideology that looks to achieve singular dominance in terms of Henotheism, even if that only involves the cannibalizing of sacred texts, when the cult of Khonsu entered the Sinai region it would have been in a highly refined and developed abstract form derived from two thousand years of contemplative study.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes you are right you win
You are so much more the man

“Yay you” Augustus Masonicus, I am in awe of your logic

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

“Yay you” Augustus Masonicus, I am in awe of your logic

Thanks! But it was all you and your link. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

My link
It was a pew report stating that most Catholics don’t believe that the communion wafer and wine don’t turn into real blood and flesh as I stated

Go read what I posted again

Can’t believe I am wasting my time with you

Do what you want, believe what you want, not my concern
Not a Catholic, don’t believe what they believe, just commented
My big hero 🦸‍♀️ younare

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It was a pew report stating that most Catholics don’t believe that the communion wafer and wine don’t turn into real blood and flesh as I stated

That's nice. It also makes it clear that transubstantiation is Church dogma as I stated in my initial post which you replied to and said, 'Hur-dur, what iz you sayings?'. After which you moved the goal posts and comically provided a link that supported what I said.

raggedyman, making debating easy since forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join