It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says U.S. to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Almost guess? Almost? Come on, you can do it, just try a little harder and name some names. Yah, I know that's against the rules I guess as well I guess this reply could be but come on, don't just insinuate, get to it, Name a few.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Finally something I can agree with the president on.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Very good news. I think this will also open up options for law enforcement dealing with them on US soil.

How many years has it taken... and the President getting it done is allegedly the one that hates Mexico and Mexicans.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
it means america can drone the f--ck out of them

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There will be arguments made that they are not a terrorist organization. I have seen people make them on a legal basis.

Personally I see them a terrorists even if they only operate that way in other countries. I completely support labeling them as such. No more clogging up our court system with them. Send them to Guantanamo and destroy their operations.

If they are officially designated as terrorists I imagine many of the gangs will disburse if they have more sense than greed.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The saddest part is Mexico would benefit more if they focused on tourism instead of propping up cartels. Way more money in tourism than drugs. I would love to go to Mexico and spend on leisure.

It could be fixed with a jury system which they do not have. Bribing a judge is easy. Bribing an entire jury not so easy.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The politicians who come out against the "terrorist" designation will be those who receive revenue from the Cartels.

(Rumor) EL Chapo's attorney turned over several names to our DOJ during his trial.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The politicians who come out against the "terrorist" designation will be those who receive revenue from the Cartel.

Yes, that will be interesting to witness.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
no response from mexico yet and hopefully we dont hear from the cartels any time soon as far as repeats of when they took over some streets when el chapos kid was captured

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Very good news. I think this will also open up options for law enforcement dealing with them on US soil.

How many years has it taken... and the President getting it done is allegedly the one that hates Mexico and Mexicans.

...and in Mexco... drone strikes and special operations hits on the terrorist leaders.
About time.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

...and in Mexco... drone strikes and special operations hits on the terrorist leaders.
About time.

Most definitely in Mexico. I was just pointing out the benefits here as well.

If they let special ops do their job it will be great for Mexico too.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Sounds like the Mexican government have lost control of the situation to the cartels. How Obama supported the cartels through things like 'fast and furious' is up there with his support for ISIS as well. It is good to see Trump working to get law and order back on the rails.

Breaking News: I'm Back From The Border With A Warning From The Cartel

Douglas M. Ducote Sr. has been doing a lot of reporting on the area. Lot of entrenched problems, going to take more than a few drones to sort this mess out. Identifying the problem is a good start.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don’t support sending troops to fight the cartel unless we plan on taking over Mexico. We would need to be extremely ruthless with death squads offering no surrender and they would need to lay waste to these guys quickly. Drone everything the cartel owns homes, business, cars, boats etc all at once. check points and to cut off all transportation routes north towards us. Trap all their funds in the bank! Close down their ports and not allow their ships into our ports. Troops stationed across the boarder capturing anyone who crosses. Flights to America restricted from Mexico! We would need to demoralize their cartel leaders .

This would all have to happen quickly with no media attention before we attacked.

We would have to permanently take over Mexico for like 30 years. Build their government back up with new politicians who have no links or ties with the cartel. We would need to retrain their police and fire all the corrupt ones which is probably like 80 percent of them.

Even if we did all that it still probably wouldn’t work because that country is just too used to corruption “blatant open and in your face corruption”. Their people are just to used to it even if we trained them it would take 3 generations to finally get a working concept. Ps I’m not saying they are bad people it’s just the world that they are used too.

What would work is if we took Mexico over and placed Mexican Americans in charge of the government. We couldn’t allow them to have native Mexicans running it. I’m extremely aware of how bad that sounds but it’s true. Eventually after Mexican Americans prove to the native Mexicans that their way works only then would they start to accept any kind of rule of law.

But it would probably bankrupt us doing it.
Mexicans also wouldn’t own the land and they would eventually be stuck with raising costs of property as we would sell off land like we do here. At first it would be great as businesses sprang up along the coastlines and luxury homes got built in the mountains. New roads, streets, businesses and real estate transformed the 3rd world country into a functional society. Mexico could be the new California of the United States if we wanted it to be. It would be a damn gold rush if we could get it relatively safe.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Way more money in tourism than drugs

There is more money in drugs than there is in tourism.
In many resorts, you are safe for a reason....many are cartel owned.

Bribing a judge is easy. Bribing an entire jury not so easy.

Tell that to John Gotti and many others who walked away a guilty man after bribing jury members.
edit on 27-11-2019 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If the Mexican government allowed its citizens to arm themselves the problem would fix itself.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It does kind of make sense but hasn't the Mexican President previously refused US troops in Mexico to fight the cartels? In which case, any US incursion would be deemed as an act of war. Legitimitaely speaking, if Mexico then shot dead US troops, what then?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
And this means the US government will stop doing business with them? Yeah, right.

Upsetting the CIA is not a healthy activity.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

More war on drugs that solves nothing.

Prohibition is a failure. We've spent over 1 Trillion to fight this war on drugs. And there's still drugs coming into the country.

We should decriminalize all drugs and legalize certain drugs. We'd save $41 billion a year in enforcement and incarceration costs alone. And we would make somewhere around $46 billion in tax revenue on sales of legal drugs.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Blame these men for starting the war.

Reefer Madness

Directed by Louis J. Gasnier
Produced by
George Hirliman (1936 film)
Dwain Esper (1938/39 release)
Screenplay by Arthur Hoerl
Story by Lawrence Meade

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:58 AM