It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says U.S. to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If they are successfully labeled as terrorists we should hit them hard and fast.

They are not an ideology they are simply greedy. Take away their comfort and money and they will scatter. They are not like religious fanatics that are willing to hide in caves and walk through deserts for a belief. The smart ones would take as much money as they can and split leaving their lackeys behind to take the fall.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Progress! Finally a man who stands strong and does what is right for our country!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Whilst you are correct (don't wish to defend cartels!), Mexico has previously said no to US troops. This definitely makes US military involvement more difficult.

The US definitely has a problem with the cartels and need to do something but this just makes it even more complicated.

If you look at objectively, Mexico exports the drugs but they themselves suffer badly with smuggled US weapons. So what happens if Mexico declares US weapons smugglers as a terrorist organisation? Would you then be happy with Mexican troops carrying out punitive raids within the USA? That would be a viable option for Mexico if this plan goes ahead.

Im not trolling here, just trying to demonstrate that this plan has pitfalls that are actually very obvious. Of course, that all goes away if Mexico were to say to this plan.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What the Mexican drug cartels did to the American family i would consider that act an terrorist attack. The fact that you have Liberal politicians in America who are willing not even to call out drug cartels as terrorist ts but they would be rather on allowing the cartels to send their families over to the American borders as Refuges in some cases.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Call them terrorists, roll back all those restrictive gun laws, get Congress to grant some Letters of Marquee and Reprisals, step out of the way and then let the American people take care of business.

Fixed in six months tops. Won’t cost the taxpayers a dime. And will actually spur the economy and tourism of Mexico when it is all over.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
18 USC 2331

Yeah, the cartels seem to qualify under international terrorism.

Interesting way to up the ante. Good job Mr. T.

However, I think we should consider asking ourselves who’s next on the list to be declared Terrorists before we all collapse in a law-and-order frenzy.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

LOL ... sure, what could go wrong?

We all know that vigilantes never make mistakes, eh?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
It does kind of make sense but hasn't the Mexican President previously refused US troops in Mexico to fight the cartels? In which case, any US incursion would be deemed as an act of war. Legitimitaely speaking, if Mexico then shot dead US troops, what then?

Yes, the current Mexican Government has said they do not want to cooperate with the U.S. Military in tackling the Cartels...so that gives them cover against reprisals when the Drones start taking out Cartel convoys, and the Seals start making house calls on Cartel leadership.

The U.S. has a stated policy of reaching out and touching terrorists no matter where they reside...with or without host country assistance or approval. The Cartels, through their activities, are killing literally tens of thousands of Americans every year...they should be taken out as surely and as quickly as Trump destroyed ISIS (which posed relatively little risk to the Homeland).

If Mexico can't handle them...which they obviously cannot...then the U.S. can and should step in and help them out. The Cartels are responsible for thousands of murders per year in Mexico. I am sure the average Mexican citizen would welcome somebody...anybody...putting an end to this violence.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Letter of Marque makes you a privateer, not a pirate nor a vigilante. Modern fully automatic weapons, makes you eligible to be an effective privateer versus the shotguns and flintlocks some would begrudgingly allow.

A full fleet of boats with deck mounted cannon would cut down on the narcosub traffic sneaking in as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Uh no. Yes but no.

Bribing a village jury is very easy. String up 5 of your neighbors with their heads off.

Sorry bro America is the one pumping billions into the cartels. It's a sad fact. We are their clients.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
sorry trying to catch up we had a wind storm and i didnt have power tell an hour ago has mexico responded yet? or any major updates? trying to catch up on the news i missed today moving the downed trees and making sure my fish didnt die

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

thing we need to do differently then what we have done with the islamic terrorists is instead of going after the leaders we should focus on the Lt's and the middle level underlings to take out their ability to bounce back and so we dont just keep playing wack a mole with whos the new leader if that makes sense?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Mexico City announced efforts to have a “meeting” with U.S. officials after President Donald Trump’s recent announcement to designate some cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs). In a prepared statement issued by Mexico’s Foreign Relations Ministry, officials reached out to their U.S. counterparts to explore the consequences that terrorist designations would entail. “In lieu of the good relations that exist between both countries, the Government of Mexico will seek to have a high-level meeting as soon as possible to present Mexico’s position and to learn the viewpoints of the authorities from the U.S.” The call for a meeting followed moments after President Trump said during an interview with Bill O’Reilly that he had been working for the last “90 days” on designations. Mexico’s Foreign Relations Ministry said they seek a dialogue about ways to reduce the southern flow of weapons and money, while cutting northbound the traffic of drugs and chemicals. The latest statement stands in stark contrast with remarks given by President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, where he preempted the matter Monday by saying Mexico would reject terrorist designations given by foreign nations.
so seems like mexico city is on board even if the president is skeptical of helping trump on this one

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Trump says U.S. to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists

Send in the drones.

Send in the Drones.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
For this I'd happily kit up in full battle rattle and put myself behind ol trusty pew pew.... This should have been done long before the ME..

However my skeptical bells ring, w so many politicians standing to loose billions both in Mexico and here in the US.....

alas I feel none of this will stop until one side stops its crooked politicians....

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

thing we need to do differently then what we have done with the islamic terrorists is instead of going after the leaders we should focus on the Lt's and the middle level underlings to take out their ability to bounce back and so we dont just keep playing wack a mole with whos the new leader if that makes sense?

Wouldn't work either......

You have to stop the money flow for it to work..... You have to kill or severely cripple the money coming in, and then take out the targets.....

As long as theirs billions to be made... There will always be another....

But if there's no monitary gain to have a target on your back.... There's no reason to do it.....

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

It's about damn time.

That's what I said! Hell yeah!

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
A lot of money crossing the border both ways I don't think people will let us take them on in a proper manner.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Gryphon66

Letter of Marque makes you a privateer, not a pirate nor a vigilante. Modern fully automatic weapons, makes you eligible to be an effective privateer versus the shotguns and flintlocks some would begrudgingly allow.

A full fleet of boats with deck mounted cannon would cut down on the narcosub traffic sneaking in as well.

Thanks for the clarification. However, my point was not the semantics involved, but was rather, a bit of trouble I have with civilians being turned loose anywhere (for now Mexico, tomorrow?) with a license to kill.

That said, to me, this sounds like our militia concepts would apply here, with some fine turning.

(Seriously, do we still issue letters of marque and reprisal? I know it’s in the Constitution, but is there an actual modern example?)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Liberals are going to be pissed.....logically it makes sense.
But because of trump, then racist.
These drug dealers have feelings dammit

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join