It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover potential cure for alcoholism in the brain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
OK, cool story bro.

You still have not proven that your theory is valid. Let those reading this thread decide and if they choose your treatment and it works great. If it doesn't work then they can try something else.

Nobody here is forcing anyone to do anything.

As I said earlier. There is no magic bullet and you certainly have not done the leg work to claim you have found one. It is what it is.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Alcohol is just a chemical. What makes you drink it is your environment.

That environment does include the peculiar genetic makeup of your *also* chemically reactive body. Some races are genetically more sensitive to the chemical because their exposure is still new (they have not yet genetically killed off the alcoholics).

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Phage

I guess, however i've been administered morphine for pain over the course of 3 weeks and never had any cravings or need upon leaving hospital. I think a lot of it has to do with lifestyle and quality of life coupled with the drug. If you're unhappy, depressed and around your vices there's less chance of resisting.

I very highly doubt it. I'm opioid-resistant myself, they hardly do squat for me. Percs and such might as well just be tic-tacs. I've taken painkillers when I've been prescribed them, and was so unimpressed that I always ended up tossing them out before finishing the bottle. If they took an edge off, it wasn't enough to notice even when looking for it.
Morphine doesn't do much of anything noticeable for me, either. It only does what it's supposed to for me -- control pain, but not in a noticeable way. I have a hard time explaining that in a tangible manner beyond that.

Over the years, I've been told that I'm opioid-resistant, and that my natural wiring significantly reduces the effectiveness of those drugs, to the point where they either do not work at all for me, or do, but it's hard to notice. This also means those of us that are resistant are much, much less likely to develop any pill popper or black market equivalent addictions, because they don't "speak" to the body that way. Whatever reward center link to the drugs others have that push an addiction, does not kick in for me.

It's akin to the coffee freaks like me who can guzzle 2 pots a day and feel no caffeine impacts & sleep fine immediately afterward, where as the next person has 2 cups and bounces off the walls for the next sleepless 3 days. Hardwired tolerances/resistances like these are NOT because of lifestyles and quality of lives. Edit: I'm not talking about acquired tolerances here, I mean people who get zero boost from caffeine at all. We do exist, folks.
edit on 11/25/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Interesting. I have heard of this.

Is there anything that does give you a "buzz" or get you "wired"?

I had a gentleman tell me once that when he has a hard time getting to sleep he would cut three or four leaves of mint from a plant he kept in his patio and make a tea that would put him to sleep. Similar to people who say a cup of chamomile or something in that vain soothes them and makes them sleepy. I can drink a gallon of either and not feel a thing.

I also have no problem with coffee keeping me awake but I do feel the stimulation. It is just that if I have a couple of cups before bed time. It won't keep me from getting to sleep.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I understand people have different tolerances however i stand by my suggestion that lifestyle and general mental well-being are linked to drug addiction.

Even if it's simply because someone content and happy with their life is less likely to self medicate in the first place.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
Starred both you and Nyiah.

Even though she started her reply to you with "I very highly doubt it." I kinda get the feeling that she meant "That isn't always the case". I'm sure she will let me know if I stepped over the line here.

I think you two were just talking about your personal experience and there is no one size fits all category to this topic.

edit on 26-11-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I still have no idea what this anti parasitic mumbo jumbo is after 6 pages.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

In a nutshell

Alcohol is an anti-parasitic.

The body "knows" it's medicine so it wants more.

Replace alcohol with another anti-parasitic just as strong or stronger to stop the craving for alcohol.

one4all claims no withdrawal symptoms are felt.

I would suggest caution be taken if attempted. Supervision by someone in case DTs or convulsions occur, so they can get the person medical attention. Maybe a tapering of alcohol down to 2 or 3 drinks per day for heavy chronic drinkers.

ETA: Disclaimer: I'm not a medical profesional and the above is just my opinion and should not be taken as medical advice.

edit on 26-11-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Forensick

In a nutshell

Alcohol is an anti-parasitic.

The body "knows" it's medicine so it wants more.

Replace alcohol with another anti-parasitic just as strong or stronger to stop the craving for alcohol.

one4all claims no withdrawal symptoms are felt.

I would suggest caution be taken if attempted. Supervision by someone in case DTs or convulsions occur, so they can get the person medical attention. Maybe a tapering of alcohol down to 2 or 3 drinks per day for heavy chronic drinkers.

ETA: Disclaimer: I'm not a medical profesional and the above is just my opinion and should not be taken as medical advice.

Close enough .

The Brain knows it is the single most important remedial item on earth…..and it is this fact that encourages the brain to continuously over-ride signals and warnings from all sectors and all organs....the single biggest killer of Humans in OUR ENTIRE HISTORY AS A SPECIES HAS BEEN PARASITES .

The message the Brain gets when alcohol is ingested is a PRIMARY OR PRIMAL MESSAGE....it is a Master signal that suddenly turns all the streetlights on the way to your belly green green green green...….it overrides the red lights(organ signals) on the route to your stomach so its a free ride.

Anyone who is seeking Medical or Remedial assistance should always consult with a Dr or Medical Professional and provide complete disclosure or all natural remedies being used.

Alcohols history is well documented. but misrepresented.

The Romans used it as a medicine for their Legions and it helped them dominate World Geography....without it they would have failed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join