It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RPG about Conspiracies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Are there any good RPG or Click adventures (Monkey Island, style) for the PC about solving or investigating conspiracies?

For example, are there any games where you play a MulderScully like character and have to investigate mysterious disappearances or UFO sightings. Mainsteam or Indie, either is good for me.
edit on 19-11-2019 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Try Skyland 1976.
Trying to find your sister who disappeared long ago .
Ring a bell ?
It is horror/survival though.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You'd have to run an Xbox emulator for this one

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
You'd have to run an Xbox emulator for this one

Or Windows 10 and get the Xbox App

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The original Deus Ex.

It was mind blowing in its day , yeah there are Aliens too.
store.steampowered.com...
edit on 19-11-2019 by gortex because: add link

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Secret Files: Tunguska (2006)

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis (2009)

Secret Files 3 (2012)

Secret Files: Sam Peters (2013)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Are there any good RPG or Click adventures (Monkey Island, style) for the PC about solving or investigating conspiracies?

For example, are there any games where you play a MulderScully like character and have to investigate mysterious disappearances or UFO sightings. Mainsteam or Indie, either is good for me.

I doubt its still active, but The Secret World was a fun little mmorpg. Centered around secret societies and mythologies.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Came here to say the same. It's still active as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The original Deus Ex.

It was mind blowing in its day , yeah there are Aliens too.
store.steampowered.com...

I got it for my Birthday back when it came out.

It been years ago , i still remember every aspect of the game.

Probably the game that influenced me the most.

back then there werent much games that offered choices the way Deus ex did.

I really loved the part when you escape the MJ12 Facility only to find yourself in a huge conspiracy.
( No specifics due to spoilers )

So yeah even though this game might have outdated graphics , i too would highly recommend it.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Gabriel knight series.

You play an investigator looking into supernatural murders; voodoo zombies, werewolfs, vampires

It is fantsatic

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There are many RPG's that include conspiracy theory element's and also a few shooters, as has been said a few time's already Deus Ex the original first version was a brilliant game with a lot of conspiracy theory lore mixed up in both the game plot AND the NPC dialogue (specifically the enemy in the game is basically a splinter group that have taken over and gotten rid of the old Illuminate so a lot of illuminate lore factors in that dialogue).
Though in other game's Conspiracy theory's and jokes at the expense of conspiracy theorists have popped up many time's often as a kind of Easter egg.
Here is the full loop of The Deb of the Night a fictional radio station and presenter from the old RPG Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, worth listening for a quick chuckle as well, one of the phone in's is about a space conspiracy that is both humorous and right up there with some REAL conspiracy's though in this case it is a fully made up one.

There is a website dedicated to RPG fan's and one of there old threads on that site is about just this very subject so perhaps a quick perusal of that old conversation will highlight something to pique your interest.
rpggeek.com...

Other than that wait until early next year for two new RPG's, Cyberpunk 2077 which is set in a science fiction future on an almost lawless island which is definite to have some kind of Conspiracy theory related content even if only fictional conspiracy and also the NEW Vampire the Masquerade bloodlines 2 that is also out next here.

More of an action shooter hybrid.
And the VTMB 2 video this game is definite to have a conspiracy feel albeit a fictional one as your character is part of a secret society of vampires that have to hide from humanity, usually the story's also draw on real world conspiracy theory and also fictional but good stuff.

Full on role playing.

The play style and choice and consequence tree of the original VTMB was heavily inspired and many claim bettered Deus Ex but it was of course set in a completely different world, the original game was broken on release and the studio that created it went down not long after but fan's have since fixed almost every facet of the original game and you can also get it very cheap these day's - but still have to download the fan patches.

edit on 19-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

if your looking for a RPG non computer game about conspiracies there is a quite funny old one called PARANOIA

while your not an X file type situation it is one that has conspiracy galore with biting satire, comical mayhem and the player can cause mayhem to their hearts content.

here is a link to help you

en.wikipedia.org...(role-playing_game)

scrounger

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Gabriel knight series.

You play an investigator looking into supernatural murders; voodoo zombies, werewolfs, vampires

It is fantsatic

Ooooh,I'd fkrgotten all about that franchise, it's exactly what i was thinking of. Hope gog has it.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

This is quite old now (2000 release). If you can ignore the dated graphics and enjoy the storyline, it is a truly great point-and-click adventure game and must be played once in a lifetime at least - do not want to spoil the storyline as it is quite an experience, just play it through once and fall in love with it - "The Longest Journey"...

Others have mentioned my other favourites Deus Ex/Vamp the Masquerade earlier in the thread

GOG - Longest Journey game link

PS: Worth mentioning that Deus Ex has been modded to look better and run better on next gen PC's although I dislike the new music in this mod and some of the new level designs in areas, the graphics updates are quite good - here is a link for it if the original is too old looking for you...

Deus Ex - Revision
edit on 22-11-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

join