It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has makeup gone too far?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The "Instagram" makeup look can never look good in person. It's waaaaaay too much makeup.

but looks good on video or pics, especially with filters.

totally fake and stupid looking. But to each his own.

When I was their age I wore the stupidest 80's hairstyles that I'm embarrassed about now.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Veryolduser

I think makeup has a scarier agenda and it has to do with trans acceptance and money.

That is a very real spin. This video jokes about it, but it's really not a joke.

Yeah I agree! Imagine trying to find a girlfriend in a time when women take makeup tips from men who want to be women. So they teach these women a style that makes it easier for trans to blend in.

Yes, take a look at this. Kim K, yes there is some age between the two photos.
She is wearing makeup in both, but in one she looks a lot, and I mean a lot more masculine, almost trans like.
Exactly what you are saying!!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
The men that say they like "natural" wouldn't know natural if it hit them in the face. They are most likely responding to caked on overly made up fakeness. All the men I have ever known stated they liked natural but were always attracted to well groomed and made up women. And, after you were married or a couple, tried to get their "woman" to wear less makeup. Why? So, she would not appear attractive to other men. Simple. That's fake.

Nah, I know natural.

When I say "natural" I mean you look like you... flaws and all. Nothing wrong with a little eye shadow, lip stick, powder, etc. However, we like women who still look like themselves. Not overly fussy and done up.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

When I was their age I wore the stupidest 80's hairstyles that I'm embarrassed about now.

I had Huge, Huge, Yuuuuuuuuuuuge 80's hair, but you know what, every single one of my friends now that didn't know
me back then would still be able to recognize me. I think that is a big difference.

I can barely recognize some of these people without makeup. That is looking like a different person.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I never liked makeup on a woman...it’s just weird. Give me a natural beauty in a t-shirt and jeans. My wife doesn’t wear makeup and all her parts are real. I appreciate her every day.

Ditto to that. I have always hated lipstick especially.
My lady looks great all the time. In fact I prefer her without make up. Otherwise I am like what is all that cakey powder ew.
HA. Like kissing a Berliner/jelly donut.
Donut head

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I had Huge, Huge, Yuuuuuuuuuuuge 80's hair, but you know what, every single one of my friends now that didn't know
me back then would still be able to recognize me. I think that is a big difference.

I can barely recognize some of these people without makeup. That is looking like a different person.

Couldn't have been bigger than mine! We have to have a battle of the big hair one day.

And you are right that today's makeup trends are an attempt to make themselves look unreal, or like a Bratz doll.

And it's very trans-influenced.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

HOLY CRAP! I've never heard of K-Pop

Wut!???? You've never heard of K-Pop????

Never, not until he said it and then it popped up simultaneously in an email as I read it.... Talk about freaky.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Almost every grocery and drug store and major Mall stores has Multiple isles of ...camouflage... everything you could be interested in body products for transforming fugly to ...... whatever.

Then you have fake body parts from head to toe. Woman don't age well, they have a medium short shelf life.

If their a harpy..... well then their worth next to nothing.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

We have to have a battle of the big hair one day.

I have big hair naturally, you know Troy Polamalu, the football player. I have the exact same hair. If I just wash and dry, my hair is big, it doesn't even look real. Seriously, I should have been born in Texas, Big hair & big personality to match

I was a whiz with aqua net and the blow dryer. I could get my bangs at least 6 inches tall. The side feathers weren't impressive as some, but my bang height and cascade was quite the feat. I'll probably end up with lung cancer from all the hairspray I used back then!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

One of the only shows I watch with my wife, because she likes stuff I can't bring myself to watch, is a show called 90 Day Fiance on TLC. There's a chick on there named Darcey Silva and she has the huge lips, fake lashes, cakeup, fake brows, fake boobs that way too big for her small frame, everything...

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Isn't that a new Cereal from Kellogg's? Special K-Pops

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The men that say they like "natural" wouldn't know natural if it hit them in the face. They are most likely responding to caked on overly made up fakeness. All the men I have ever known stated they liked natural but were always attracted to well groomed and made up women. And, after you were married or a couple, tried to get their "woman" to wear less makeup. Why? So, she would not appear attractive to other men. Simple. That's fake.

Nah, that's jealousy and insecure dudes.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Actually we do know natural. We know your not that tall it’s the high heels, we know your wearing fake eyelashes, we know your concealing your pimples with makeup, we know your wearing color contacts, we know that’s a push up bra, we know that’s hair extensions and not your real hair length. Yes all those tricks are ok even though we get judged by our height, judged by our attractiveness and facial structure and body and we can’t use tricks.

I have watched women judge men while wearing most of what I posted above. A woman tell a guy 5’11 she only dates guys above 6 foot she was 5’3, a girl with a ton of makeup tell a guy he’s too ugly to his face, a big girl telling a big guy he’s a fat slob. We know natural because that’s what we are. A slight illusion is ok with us. We are forced to accept our own flaws and that’s not as easy as it sounds.

The point I’m making is we know when your decked out and we don’t expect it 24/7. We know under the makeup is a few pimples and some dry skin. We know you don’t have perfect boobs and that your hair isn’t going to look perfect every day! Women place those expectations on themselves! The fashion industry is run not by straight men but gay men ! Which is extremely strange Considering that women judge themselves and conform to standards of men that don’t want to sexually be with them. Yet we straight males get blamed for the standards set for women. That’s like lesbians creating the standard for masculinity and we blame it on straight women.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
The "Instagram" makeup look can never look good in person. It's waaaaaay too much makeup.

but looks good on video or pics, especially with filters.

totally fake and stupid looking. But to each his own.

Whoa whoa whoa.... Stupid? 80's? Those were the best styles!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Almost every grocery and drug store and major Mall stores has Multiple isles of ...camouflage... everything you could be interested in body products for transforming fugly to ...... whatever.

Then you have fake body parts from head to toe. Woman don't age well, they have a medium short shelf life.

If their a harpy..... well then their worth next to nothing.

Honestly some really do age well! I think some women are better looking at some ages. Like she probably wasn’t really good looking in her 20 but at forty she is in the top tier of women on looks. Some women peak early some women peak late some in the middle.

Plus this makeup they use I think ages women faster! Honestly I think These makeup brands are putting stuff in it like heavy metals in trace amounts. Imagine if you will something that steals your youth slowly over time but makes them more attractive at the moment, eventually they pay the price in late 30’s

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When you say huuuuuuuuuuuge, are you talking about like this:

Or are you talking about like Susanna Hoffs, my girlfriend who never knew me because I was just a kid in the 80's...

(if you look long enough, you'll keep repeating "walk like an Egyptian")

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Damn, Michelle Obama looks like Jimmy Walker when she isn’t wearing makeup. It is probably part of her appeal for old BHO.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Damn, Michelle Obama looks like Jimmy Walker when she isn’t wearing makeup. It is probably part of her appeal for old BHO.

LMAO! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

I know, she looks terrible. I used to get a good laugh when liberals would call her beautiful. That was before the men were feminized and the women acted like men. Reminds me of this fantastic meme...

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's the SAME THING. Why do you want likes? You are trolling for mates. Nothing has changed.

Yeah. Fundamentally, we are biological creatures, and we spend a lot of time and effort trying to select the best mates available. And because of the sex role differences, the most sought-after men are those who are not necessarily the most good-looking, but rather the best provider or who stands out, like in a rock band. If you're a dude and want women, join a band. And if you don't do that, at the very least make a lot of money. Simple.

Women are selected (consciously or unconsciously) according to whether or not they can produce viable offspring and raise them appropriately. So women have to look, of not "beautiful" then at least "healthy." And that means a body that is youthful and trim with large breasts for feeding babies and wide hips for having babies without dying, but also not too many disease scars on the face, sanguine lips and cheeks, and large wide eyes framed in black that can be used to display their emotions of interest, distinguish themselves from males, and catch the attention of a worthy mate.

It's said that personality is important, of course, but in order for your potential mate to find out about your personality you have to get their attention first. Makeup helps with that.

Of course, there are variations and exceptions to this with gay people and so on but this is the way things generally work 90 percent of the time.
edit on 14-11-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

So that is my secret!

No one believes me when I tell them how how old I am. I admit I do look about thirty years younger than I actually am, but my body is not willing to go along with the lie.

Second secret, once I get up, I have to stay up. All my friends call me "The Energizer Bunny", what they don't know is, five minutes in a sitting position, and my body goes into lock down mode, and I pay the devil to get back to full tilt again.
edit on 14-11-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: OCD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join