It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mourners in Peru horrified after pallbearers drop mayor’s coffin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Unbelievable boondoggle happened in Peru at a funeral for a Mayor who recently died.

Thousands attended as they lowered the coffin into a grave and then suddenly something went wrong !!

The coffin tumbled and the body was exposed !!

My God.

Then officials seemed to "correct" the "irregularities" as the ceremonies continued just the same 😎

Mourners in Peru horrified after pallbearers drop mayor’s coffin & dump body into grave (VIDEO)

Thousands of mourners in Peru were appalled after clumsy funeral workers dropped a casket carrying a popular former mayor, sending his body tumbling out of the coffin, in an error sure to land them on the graveyard shift.

Some 3,000 residents gathered this week to pay respects to Moises Tacuri Garcia, formerly the provincial mayor of Tarma in central Peru, but instead of a somber celebration of the official’s achievements, the funeral would take a shocking detour.

As Garcia’s casket was lowered into his grave, workers lost control, sending one end of the coffin tumbling, and the former mayor’s body along with it, prompting screams and gasps from horrified onlookers assembled around the burial site.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That would be a HUGE lawsuit in the US. The emotional pain and suffering would be worth millions.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
That would be a HUGE lawsuit in the US. The emotional pain and suffering would be worth millions.

Probably, for whatever dumb reason.

Accidents happen, but I'm sure a bunch of people would't want to miss the opportunity to "gets theirs".

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ancient Peruvians used to do this lot better in precolumbian times.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

A lawsuit against who? And by who?

edit on 11/9/2019 by Blueracer because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ha!
Reminds me of Pops in MouseHunt

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If I were the spirit of the departed I`d be laughing my ghostly ass off.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yikes. Demoted to gravedigging?

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What would've been even better is if he'd requested to be buried in a clown suit with his shorts down around his ankles.

"OH NOES...you bastages...**GASP!**...Wait, is that a clown suit with his shorts down around his ankles??? What a perv!!"

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Nearly as good as the Ayatollah's funeral.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Million dollar idea - latches/lock for coffins.

With all of the nickel and diming that Funeral Homes do I’m kinda amazed that they don’t come with one.

Deters grave robbers, and people at the funeral home from tampering with the body.

The family could witness the coffin be closed and securely locked and then leave the funeral home to head to the gravesite knowing their loved one has not been tampered with.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think most would be mortified if it was our loved one

it could have been worse he could have been alive and injured

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

This is the one thing I don't like about soccer, the clock doesn't stop.

So, on the one hand you have players who try to burn the clock by faking injuries, and on the other hand you have players who may actually be injured (not sure which one this guy is) who get treated like roadkill.

I read the comments in this video and the overwhelming majority found it "hilarious". As a former (American) football player, I probably would have jumped up even with a broken rib and started busting some skulls!! (i.e. I found no humor in the handing of the potentially injured player AT ALL!). Fat boy would have gone down first, and then the other knucklehead!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
Million dollar idea - latches/lock for coffins.
With all of the nickel and diming that Funeral Homes do I’m kinda amazed that they don’t come with one.
Deters grave robbers, and people at the funeral home from tampering with the body.
The family could witness the coffin be closed and securely locked and then leave the funeral home to head to the gravesite knowing their loved one has not been tampered with.

actually, many coffins do indeed have locks. and in some cultures, like the Philippines for example, a family member, or close family friend, is ALWAYS with the body. and that includes overnight. not to mention daily funeral services. most people have the body and funeral services at their homes. and on top of that you might have the body on display for a couple or so weeks, even up to a couple of months, especially if you have to wait for family to arrive. as one person told me, the more popular the person is, the longer the body is kept. i know we had my mother for at least a week, doing the typical daily services. although we had her at the chapel. and my father as well as members of the church youth stayed with her overnight. and then we sent the body home to North America (and talk about expensive to do). and had the regular North American funeral and burial.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I can only agree, you can see one of them smirking at one point, I am surprised his manager didnt come on and start handing out some punches, I guess the player was not A Ronaldo or Messi level of skill

edit
may I ask who you played for and what position, I am in awe of your achievement, American Football certainly requires a level of toughness not seen by most European footballers who roll around when merely pushed.
edit on 9-11-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: question

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Here in the States they'd probably sue whomever chose the pallbearers, and sued by whom would be his family. Doesn't that sound about right for us??!

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ScrazzleBerry3

Pallbearers are usually family so I don't think that would work. I just found it to be a ridiculous statement.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Clearly a ufo was involved in this tragedy, as the camaras were effected in the same manner as every ufo video.

top topics

join