It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All out invading the U.S...Is it possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Now this is a far-fetched fictional scenario. However i am just curious on some views about how easy or difficult it would be for an enemy to all out invade the homeland of the U.S. Who could do it? How would they do it? And what ramifications could be expected? You can include weapons used, tactics or whatever you wanna to throw into this topic to strengthen your opinion.

Any warrior can find a weakness in his enemy....and i will admit that. The U.S. is definitely not invulnerable to invasion. I am completely open to both sides of the spectrum when getting replies here. I am an open minded American and just putting out a thread to start conversation. Now here is my view. I think invading the US on its homeland would prove to be an unimaginable feat.

First off - Major Oceans on each side. US has the largest naval fleet in the world. A large coast guard, and huge stock piles of high tech miles launchable from both sides of the nation. The northwestern coastline is very rough and known as some of the roughest coastal waters in the world.

Second - The US has more interstate highways and freeways than most nations combined. This allows for quick and easy transport of defenses and supplies to both coastal and land borders. The US has more Airlines and Airport facilities than most other nations combined, again allowing for quick transportation of defenses or supplies.

Third - The huge land based air force is fairly well dispersed across the nation, meaning quick response and counter measures would devistate any invading enemies.

In my opinion, (Not that i ever want this to happen) the best ways to invade would be first an economic attack. Second, isolating the US from its neighbors Canada and Mexico to gain the approch from all sides. Third, have a good inside source. Fourth, somehow create uprisings within its own borders. Fifth, have some good allies and bring a hell of a lot of bodies!!!!!!

Im sure there are tons to add on, however i don't want to write a novel to introduce my thread. Im just looking for thoughts and ideas on this scenario.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
We've already been invaded, it's called illegal immigration. I don't blame the immigrants though, if I had been born somewhere else i'd be trying to get here too.

Ahhh but your talking about an all out attack. No, not at this point in time.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
We've already been invaded, it's called illegal immigration. I don't blame the immigrants though, if I had been born somewhere else i'd be trying to get here too.

Love and light,

Wupy

Hey we invaded American a long time ago with the first pilgrims that landed in the new world.

No US is one of the best country strategically so is not way that an enemy will be allowed to land in here.

We are lucky.

Occurs unless the entire rest of the world decided to unite.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It most likely would take an alliance of powerful nations to actually be successful in invading the US.

Or they could use your Avatar to distract our soldiers and walk right in!!

Once again nice Avatar!!

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well I personally think it would be impossible to invade the U.S.A. successfully. First the country is massive even if we exclude territories, Alaska, & Hawaii. Even if some major cities were captured the remaining cities, survivors would have so many other places to hide & re group for a counter attack.
The average Joe in the Heartland is armed to the teeth and most can hunt, fish, and basically feed themselves without needing a grocery store or fast food joint.
Also the majority of small towns, hamlets, villages, & cities all have a segment of the population with 4x4 off road vehicles, dirt bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, etc, etc. Wait for winter and attack an outpost with a highspeed snowmobile & hunting rifles. You could never take out the entire American Civilization unless you used nukes but then the attacker would get wiped out as well. A small amount of people will always survive a biological attack.
But if China or Russia ever was going to invade the U.S.A., their best bet would be to land paratroopers & equipment in Saskatchewan. Establish a small rapidly thrown together base by siezing the city of Estevan, Sask, Canada, controlling the two power plants, along with the local food supply of cattle & crops & two freshwater supplies (Rafferty Dam & Boundry Dam). Cut off water flow into the U.S.
Then they could move infantry, tanks, artillery, etc into North Dakota & Montana and start taking out the nuclear capabilty of the U.S. by using infantry to cut communications & electricity and blow up missle silos. The enemy could easily sneak a force into Saskatchewan Canada under the disguise of moving oil & gas or farm equipment with transport planes and the Canadians would even notice what was going on as long as they could get CBC television.
Plus the land is flat with hardly an trees in Southern Saskatchewan which makes for the easiest place to land airplanes.
So in my opinion the best place to launch an attack would be Estevan Saskatchewan Canada But watch out for Minot North Dakota Airforce base they could easily send their B2 bombers and wipe out the enemies base if exposed. We all know Canada would NOT be able to stop an invasion of the U.S. even if it started in Canada from Russia or China.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The US could not be invaded successfully. There are too many people and you can't land enough troops at once to contain them all. It would be impossible. Hundreds of thousands of troops would have to land at once. No country has enough ships or support to do that. China can barely land enough troops to take over Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I agree. As i stated it would be an unimaginable feat to invade the homeland.

The Canadian border would be the most likely target as it is the longest land border. HOwever unless the enemy was Canada itself (highly unlikely as they are a great trading partner and ally) the US would detect it, and prep for it. Even a large powerful enemy couldn't isolate Canada quick enough before the US could detect an invasion and build up a defense for it. I think you will find that almost every northern state in the US has a quality airforce base, State guard that could easily counter an invasion.

The Mexican border in the south, while fairly large, is not large enough and would be a complete bottleneck. Its an unlikely entrance. As once again stated, an invasion by sea would be a complete mistake. Our Naval forces, Air force, Coast Guard, and Coastal defenses would make Normandy beach look like a conservative drizzle.

If an invasion stands a chance at success it would have to be a large scale on each front as i stated in my intro to the thread. Even then, i think no force could contain the US once invaded. Everyone is so damn independant, vastly armed, and has unlimited resources and places to hide. If you thought insurgency in Iraq was bad......this would be absolute misery and chaos for a invading force to contain.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
To me a coalition between Russia, China and Brazil can invade the U.S. Let’s just say that Russia has its full arsenal from the cold war and China and Brazil are on the same levels of Technology. First of Russia would lunch a full scale invasion of Alaska while China and Russia take out the Pacific fleet and captures Hawaii. Brazil has a pretty good navy and Blocks the Panama Canal and the root between South America and Africa so the U.S. can’t send help to the Pacific. Then China and Russia uses Hawaii as a supply state and use it for a jump off point to invade the west coast. Brazil uses Mexico as a staging area along with Cuba and most of the Caribbean Islands as staging areas to invade. Now they would have four fronts to invade from. At the same time they all lunch there invasions, the Russians run through Canada the Chinese breach the coast of California the Brazilians run through New Mexico and Texas and also breach the beaches of Florida pushing there way up while the Russians push down from the north. They all meet in the Midwest and all that’s left is the North Eastern states.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
ICBMs!!!!! (inter-continental ballistic missiles)
Lots of em! Loads and loads of ICBMs!!!!!! From 6 different continents!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hedgepook
ICBMs!!!!! (inter-continental ballistic missiles)
Lots of em! Loads and loads of ICBMs!!!!!! From 6 different continents!!!!!

Ah yes! The ICBM approch. Well, yeah that would probably cause some major damage. However not without major retaliation from the US who has a large amount of nukes to wipe out major cities all across 6 continents. The whole world would loose this battle.

Now Killak has a half decent plan. A very powerful coalition between Russia, China, and Brazil could possibly breach the homeland defense. However, wiping the US naval and air defenses in the Pacific is a bit agressive. I don't think China and Russia alone could defeat the US in a Naval battle. Most google references will tell you that China cannot project a major Naval battle very far off its coastal waters. Russia would be alone for the most part in Naval invasion. China's biggest contribution would be shear bodies they can provide. Now Brazil is somewhat close to the US and a few well placed counter offenses against Brazil could render them quite uncabable of invading through mexico, cuba or anywhere else for that matter.

Now Russia and China invading through Alaska and down through Canada I would think is a much bigger threat. It depends on how quick and precise they could strike before the US could build up defenses along the Canadian border. Sure its possible they could do it. However would they want to?...They could not keep control of the US without enormous casualties.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Mr Carburetor, In my scenerio I said that China and Brazil had equal tech of Russia so I do think that Brazil could invade through Mexico and Cuba and China and Russia would defeat the U.S. pacific fleet. If it were the real world then yes I agree with you that the best plan would be to come through Alaska. China has enough men to waste so I dont think that man power would be a problem.

new topics

top topics

join