It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween - and the Day an Ancient World was Destroyed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's kind of funny... I will often see churches of various denominations hold parties on this day to assure that their 'christian' children don't get left out or attempted to sway to this "vile day of blood, evil and the dark one".

According to you, they're doing just the opposite. They're celebrating 'something' since they're playing games and eating cake on this day. They may not be trick or treating but they're partaking in the festivities all the same.

Way to segregate and push more people away from your "loving-holy word following" religion. I'm a born and raised Catholic. I like to think that I have a real belief in God and Jesus. Like any man, I doubt and question with the best of them. But even I see hypocrisy abound in every religion, some more than others. I feel that this is a prime example of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
christians act like nothing happened before the jews, like the jews and their bible has always been around, which means everything is a perversion of something that the jews originated.

guess what. this isnt true.

cultures and gods have existed since 50,000 years (prehistory) bce. best estimate is that the jews came on the scene in 1500 bce.
the oldest recorded religious text is from the egyptians at 2400-2300 bce.

...and atheist act like their $#*% don't stink. You shouldn't bunch everyone in to one box. Not every person of any religion are the same.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

I had to call my kids and wife over to watch that clip so we could all have a laugh. Not at the ignorance of the people, but because of the ridiculousness of that scene.

So you guys watched the clip and not the movie? You see how those
rumors are born?

I'm kidding of course. But now you shattered the whole damn movie for me.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: KKLOCO

Your post reminded me of this.

I recommend this movie for Halloween if you haven't seen it.

That movie came out when I was 13. Oh man, you should have seen everyone in the religion FREAK OUT!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdgeofParadise

LOL. Just watched this clip. I've heard even more ridiculous statements made about the JWs. Cotton candy, Roller coaster rides...sadly many people grew up with this sort of lying propoganda and belived, and still believe it.

I remember people at school saying the most ridiculous things about JWs when I was a kid...you guys can't drink soda pop, you guys don't believe in Jesus...you guys can't listen to music, you guys can't use technology, use guys can't dance...etc. etc.

The mental picture in the people in general because of the tremendous amount of ignorance and lies *most people just tend to believe anything they're told, and others are insidious liars that tell them what to believe).

I had to call my kids and wife over to watch that clip so we could all have a laugh. Not at the ignorance of the people, but because of the ridiculousness of that scene.

BTW, in the movie clip, the kid never says he’s not allowed to eat cotton candy or ride roller coasters. He says he’s never done it before.

It’s funny that your post is about people twisting and contorting the truth about JW’s — when that’s exactly what you did with the movie clip. Typical JW, selective hearing.
edit on 1-11-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I’ll give you a star for finally not abandoning your OP.

However, your replies are just as expected. No content, no substance.

You live in a box. One that I used to live in.

As you can see by all my replies, in every thread you’ve written — I’ve tried to get you to open your mind. Nothing else.

Archeology has proven the New Testament timeline false, over and over. Pull your head out of the sand. I did, I can breath much better now.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: Raggedyman

Your organisation is terrified of a few door knockers

Ironically that kinda goes both ways. How often do you open your door for JWs and Mormons
?

After I laid hands on them and prayed aloud tv evangelist like prayer over them they never came back

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

LOL. Just watched this clip. I've heard even more ridiculous statements made about the JWs. Cotton candy, Roller coaster rides...sadly many people grew up with this sort of lying propoganda and belived, and still believe it.

I remember people at school saying the most ridiculous things about JWs when I was a kid...you guys can't drink soda pop, you guys don't believe in Jesus...you guys can't listen to music, you guys can't use technology, use guys can't dance...etc. etc.

The mental picture in the people in general because of the tremendous amount of ignorance and lies *most people just tend to believe anything they're told, and others are insidious liars that tell them what to believe).

You talk about people ignorance but seem ignorant to pedophiles being protected in your organisation

Why do you show tremendous amounts of ignorance or do you not care for your children?

Just lying to protect your image?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Awesome. So much history!

Maybe i missed it. But where do jack o lanterns come from? Any relation to PUMPKINHEAD???

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Maybe you are getting a little lost in esoteric nonsense

As a Christian I see no harm in dressing up in a costume and greeting neighbors, giving away lollies and showing love

As a Christian I see it as a Christian responsibility to meet people where they are at.
God will know my heart

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Byrd

On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth.

It is worship of the dead.

"Worship" means they think of the dead as gods. Deceased ancestors aren't gods in any of the examples you mention. In the one culture where the ancestors are treated as gods, there's no such thing as Halloween.

The 31st of October also became a time for paying homage to the Sun God Baal, who had given the ripened grain for safe storage. A week later, the Celts’ Indo-European cousins in India celebrate Diwali, which is their New Year’s festival that honors the safe return from the dark forest of the celestial couple Rama and Sita.

That just mixed two different cultures, thousands of miles away, that lived almost 500 years apart. Connecting them doesn't work unless you can show a connected culture and a continuation of a worship down through that time period. And that's not happening here.

The Celtic peoples celebrated four fire festivals since fire was considered by them to be a physical symbol of everlasting divinity: (1) Samhain, the most important of the fire festivals, for it marked summer's end and the coming of the Celtic New Year, (2) Candlemas, (3) Beltainne, and (4) Lughnasadh.

Both Samhain and the Beltainne represented mystical figures suspended in time, and both allowed the living access to the realms of the dead denominated Tir na n'Og. Since those departed ones who had traversed beyond the land of the living could provide information on both past or future events to those left living, the practice of divination and occult wanderings thus began and subsequently became associated with Samhain.

Lovely statements... but that's actually 20th century paganism: en.wikipedia.org...

BTW, Samhain was celebrated on November 1: spectrum.library.concordia.ca... (and many other sources)

(Celtic: “Knowing [or Finding] the Oak Tree”), member of the learned class among the ancient Celts. They seem to have frequented oak forests and acted as priests, teachers, and judges. The earliest known records of the Druids come from the 3rd century BCE.
www.history.com...

....at that point, I had to stop and go look at the website because the things being said were very much at odds with the scholarship on the matter. When I checked the references, it appears that the author used a lot of "New Age" paganism references, which explains the many inaccuracies.

Caesar is the chief authority, but he may have received some of his facts from the Stoic philosopher Poseidonius, whose account is often confirmed by early medieval Irish sagas. Caesar’s description of the annual assembly of the Druids and their election of an arch-Druid is also confirmed by an Irish saga.

www.britannica.com...

Agreed. However, my point still stands that it's not related to a Biblical war between the angels and it's not celebrating the ungodly dead, etc. It is an older Celtic holiday that like many other holidays (and deities) was incorporated into the Christian calendar and has evolved in other cultures into things like Dia de los Muertos (which isn't the same as Halloween.)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
You would know that purposely taking part in ceremony that is part of the worship of idols and false Gods is wrong.

How do you know the God you worship is not false?

That's not a facetious question.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join