It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acid House Music From 80s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I thought it would fun to share some legendary acid house tracks from the 1980s

edit on 31-10-2019 by HouseMusic4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
These sound pretty cool. Some of the links are not working. You might can fix them before the edit window closes.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Probably not the best way to start a video of an LP with the copy right clearly visible which prevents the public performance. Could be why the links are not working since it's a clear copy right violation

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1
These sound pretty cool. Some of the links are not working. You might can fix them before the edit window closes.

Thankyou , I fixed the links

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Voodoo Ray was a classic

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HouseMusic4Life

Everyone has there taste in music and so if you like this then that is up to you.

But for me House was the worst Music - can you really call it music - to EVER come out of the UK.

To enjoy it people had to take various drug's and it was all about the beat as a bunch of drugged up people danced spraying sweat and spit as they hopped around on speed or ecstasy or a trip or worse or even a combination of all of these potentially deadly chemical's.

Most of the musician's - can you really call them that - were merely DJ's adding a beat to an already existing track and often ruining it.

The Talent we had just before HOUSE was some of the best musicians in the world (well except for Bros and all those other manufactured pop idols) and then came the desert we call House Music that killed that talent off so that after it had faded from being the music of choice we had to put up with further crap and only now are we starting to see real talent coming back into the British music industry.

Let's remember this was about Illegal Raves in warehouses, on field's and beaches were everyone would just show up by word of mouth and after imbibing something illicit dance until the poison was worked out of there system.

Then again every now and then during house there were a few Genuine talent's, these were the rarity were a real music artist decided to make there own version of house and most of the time these were NOT British so let's just say we borrowed there talent.

KLF is one group.
And there were a few other's.

But still I am about the same age as most that loved this music being 49 on my way to 50 and I still think all it really was as a music style was repetitive beat usually overlying a basic tune - or a good tune made by someone else whom actually had talent such as the POLICE or STING with a beat smacked on top of it, it was the age that invented Ripping off other's people's music as samples instead of actually having the skill to create there own, so instead of music artists we ended up with music cut and paste experts.

Just before House bit into the music scene (it would have remained fringe except for the RAVES that were what people were really interested in) we had the likes of U2, Simple Mind's and even one hit wonders like Transvision Vamp were "Baby I don't Care" made Wendy James just about every under twenty's pin up girl of the decade - for five minutes anyway and many other great artists (and one hit wonders), at the same time the US was cranking out some brilliant music and the continued to even as house dominated over here, even as in the KLF when they did turn to making house style music they did it BETTER which is a shame since we were so brilliant with our music just before house killed it.
Let's listen to a track from just a few years before house took over the music scene.

edit on 31-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"It's You...... Mr. & Mrs. Dale" reminds me of one of my all-time favorite 80s songs:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
House, trance, techno, D&B all sounds the same to me. I like the drugs but prefer to mix them with Rock and Roll bands not a lame DJ.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I don't think house music took over the music scene. It played a big part in the genre of synthesised dance music but the other genres didn't die off, they were all still there and prospering.

'The scene' you are referring to is where you decided to place yourself, or something.

I may have misunderstood your post but it reads like you think house music took over the entire music scene and all other genres stopped or declined.. because of house music.

That's wrong on a few levels - but as previous, I may have misunderstood your post.

With regards to the musicians - many remained unknown because composing a house track, and performing, is generally boring to watch, unless the performer has a large rack of synths and instruments - but that generally wasn't how it was done. It was done with DJs for a reason. It's a huge misconception, normally voiced by non-musicians (not suggesting you are or aren't) who think making house (or dance) music is not musical. In fact it does, on lots of occasions, require the skill of being able to play instruments and also an understanding of music theory. Plus, if one producer has made a track, chances are he/she not only had practical and theoretical talents, they also had rhythm .

By the early to mid 90s illegal raves were moving away from house and playing harder music - rave, hardcore, jungle. House music went a bit more 'upper class'. There were still the drugs, but that wasn't limited to house music. Drugs and music have gone hand in hand forever - hippies, beatnicks (60s), speed freak punks in the 70s and 80s, the 90s rock music followers smoked pot and, if you ever went to a festival, took acid, E's, mushrooms.

I'm certainly not a big fan of house music, but it didn't kill other genres, the only scene it took over was dance music - not U2's scene, they are worlds apart. And it does take some real talent to make.

Even looking at the charts from 1989 - 1995 they aren't riddled with house music - the rise in dance music in the charts is a reflection of more young people buying music -bands like U2 were still selling millions of albums and filling stadiums.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Everyone has there taste in music and so if you like this then that is up to you.

But for me House was the worst Music - can you really call it music - to EVER come out of the UK.

To enjoy it people had to take various drug's and it was all about the beat as a bunch of drugged up people danced spraying sweat and spit as they hopped around on speed or ecstasy or a trip or worse or even a combination of all of these potentially deadly chemical's.

Most of the musician's - can you really call them that - were merely DJ's adding a beat to an already existing track and often ruining it.

The Talent we had just before HOUSE was some of the best musicians in the world (well except for Bros and all those other manufactured pop idols) and then came the desert we call House Music that killed that talent off so that after it had faded from being the music of choice we had to put up with further crap and only now are we starting to see real talent coming back into the British music industry.

Let's remember this was about Illegal Raves in warehouses, on field's and beaches were everyone would just show up by word of mouth and after imbibing something illicit dance until the poison was worked out of there system.

Then again every now and then during house there were a few Genuine talent's, these were the rarity were a real music artist decided to make there own version of house and most of the time these were NOT British so let's just say we borrowed there talent.

KLF is one group.
And there were a few other's.

But still I am about the same age as most that loved this music being 49 on my way to 50 and I still think all it really was as a music style was repetitive beat usually overlying a basic tune - or a good tune made by someone else whom actually had talent such as the POLICE or STING with a beat smacked on top of it, it was the age that invented Ripping off other's people's music as samples instead of actually having the skill to create there own, so instead of music artists we ended up with music cut and paste experts.

Just before House bit into the music scene (it would have remained fringe except for the RAVES that were what people were really interested in) we had the likes of U2, Simple Mind's and even one hit wonders like Transvision Vamp were "Baby I don't Care" made Wendy James just about every under twenty's pin up girl of the decade - for five minutes anyway and many other great artists (and one hit wonders), at the same time the US was cranking out some brilliant music and the continued to even as house dominated over here, even as in the KLF when they did turn to making house style music they did it BETTER which is a shame since we were so brilliant with our music just before house killed it.
Let's listen to a track from just a few years before house took over the music scene.

Nah you just need to listen to more hardcore acid , try this one.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Phuture - Acid trax

Chicago-based group of acid-house pioneers, formed in 1985 and best known for its classic 1987 single "Acid Tracks" which is considered to be the 12-inch single that gave birth to the acid house movement.

English acid house and rave fans used the yellow smiley face symbol simply as an emblem of the music and scene, a "vapid, anonymous smile" that portrayed the "simplest and gentlest of the Eighties’ youth manifestations" that was non-aggressive, "except in terms of decibels" at the high-volume DJ parties.

According to wiki

top topics

join