It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police were cracking cold cases with a DNA website. Then the fine print changed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: rickymouse

That's is basically what happened in the GSK case. They figured out who to investigate by finding partial matches in relatives.

They still needed at a point to get his DNA to conform he was the person. His DNA wasn't there.

I informed my close relatives that I was getting my DNA done. We are not thieves or killers so are not afraid of having our DNA out there. Many other relatives have now done DNA testing, we are not problematic people, we have little to worry about. My grandkids know that there DNA can lead to them getting caught if they do anything really bad, so that kind of forces them to think about what they are doing and might help to persuade them from doing bad stuff. It might keep your kids from doing things because they have an increased chance of getting caught.

Isn't it better to dissuade someone becoming a criminal rather than protecting them after they do a crime?

It might be a better idea to ask the Great Great Grandchildren you will likely never see EXACTLY HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT YOU OR SOME OTHER FAMILY CLOWN GIVING THEIR PERSONAL DNA PROFILE TO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN...….they do get a say in all of this PRESUPTIOUS behaviour that concerns their DNA don't they?....you are giving away a right to privacy they own but have not yet been able to experience....ARE YOU NOT?

Using the genetic apps has helped everyone identify problems that we can use to adjust diet to avoid future chronic illnesses and deficiencies and metabolic problems. I spent a lot of time researching things and it is working for those who will accept that they cannot properly metabolize some herbs and food chemistries without complications. So I will have some great grandkids. On top of that, my grandkids have less of a chance of being in trouble, and if one kills someone, they belong in prison. Metabolic intolerance can lead to delusional thinking which can land a person in the slammer

I can try to disuade my offspring from being criminals, no law says I cannot try to make them honest and harmless people.

Maybe you should look at what you said, you are saying it is your kids right to be criminals. They do not have to worry if they are honest people who would not hurt others.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

This does pose a serious fourth amendment issue. Police should not be allowed to throw a broad fishing net out there and we what they can drag up. The there are also big questions regarding chain of custodians consent of people who were entered into a database by family members in paternity cases.

Excellent point.

Bottom line, it's still a minefield and the "field" keeps changing under our feet.

This bears watching...closely. And screaming if the gov't - or any entity - starts to overreach.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Your DNA is not going to match your grand kids. It can show some markers that will be in common but it doesn't identify them. The exact person would still have to supply DNA to get the match. There actual privacy is not gone.

It narrows the group of people to look at for a match.

I myself would prefer to say out of the DB.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

That's is basically what happened in the GSK case. They figured out who to investigate by finding partial matches in relatives.

They still needed at a point to get his DNA to conform he was the person. His DNA wasn't there.

I informed my close relatives that I was getting my DNA done. We are not thieves or killers so are not afraid of having our DNA out there. Many other relatives have now done DNA testing, we are not problematic people, we have little to worry about. My grandkids know that there DNA can lead to them getting caught if they do anything really bad, so that kind of forces them to think about what they are doing and might help to persuade them from doing bad stuff. It might keep your kids from doing things because they have an increased chance of getting caught.

Isn't it better to dissuade someone becoming a criminal rather than protecting them after they do a crime?

What about insurance companies getting a hold of DNA information, that could lead to higher premiums or insurance policy being canceled.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You're giving up your DNA all the time and there's nothing you can do about it.

a reply to: vonclod

How?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Looking at the the ridiculous stuff going on in congress, the truth is not sitting very high for the legal system. Non disclosure agreements run rampart as the guilty cannot handle the embarrassment of their actions.

If I had a family member raped or murdered with a tool that could help in finding the perpetrator I would want to use it.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Not freely, via a scientific process..if they want it, they have to collect it, I'm not giving it up to some companies database.

Just wait till insures deny medical coverage based on ones DNA..I guess by that point it's over anyway.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

From all my time spent studying the gensets and health issues, there is no way that someone can even justify raising rates using that info. You have to remember, a fifty percent increase in disease formation on one percent of the population means nothing much at all. That is because a lot of that info is related to moderating enzyme production, which enzymes are proteins or tied to protiens. It could actually help to reduce disease if a person knew what they could not metabolize correctly, essentially lowering sickness rates. They are researching this relationship in other countries while here in America they tend to spend the genetic research on trying to find which meds will work better for which people and which meds will give which people side effects.

If the insurance companies try to use that information to raise rates on a group where only one percent of the people have a higher risk, that insurance company should lose their license to do business. Every single person has some metabolic intolerances related to genetics. Only a few percent of people with autism genes ever get autism. Only a couple of percent of women with the Braca genes get breast cancer, The vast majority of breast cancers are not even related to Braca genes. That whole fear mongering related to Braca is a sales scam for our medical profession. The main reason for breast cancer increases is something in the environment and environmental factors do include diet. It also includes things like soaps and deoderants and lotions as well as medications and stuff like birth control.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

It might be a better idea to ask the Great Great Grandchildren you will likely never see EXACTLY HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT YOU OR SOME OTHER FAMILY CLOWN GIVING THEIR PERSONAL DNA PROFILE TO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN...….they do get a say in all of this PRESUPTIOUS behaviour that concerns their DNA don't they?....you are giving away a right to privacy they own but have not yet been able to experience....ARE YOU NOT?

Using the genetic apps has helped everyone identify problems that we can use to adjust diet to avoid future chronic illnesses and deficiencies and metabolic problems. I spent a lot of time researching things and it is working for those who will accept that they cannot properly metabolize some herbs and food chemistries without complications. So I will have some great grandkids. On top of that, my grandkids have less of a chance of being in trouble, and if one kills someone, they belong in prison. Metabolic intolerance can lead to delusional thinking which can land a person in the slammer

I can try to disuade my offspring from being criminals, no law says I cannot try to make them honest and harmless people.

Maybe you should look at what you said, you are saying it is your kids right to be criminals. They do not have to worry if they are honest people who would not hurt others.

I said they have a right to SELF DETERMINATION in case I was not clear enough.....don't you trust that they will not be criminals enough to work to preserve their genetic privacy?....do you have a Crystal Ball or just high hopes that surrendering genetic privacy to the State Et al will somehow deter your relatives from commiting a crime?.....that is an odd perspective because fingerprints have never stopped anyone from commiting a crime...…

As far as worry goes....maybe you ought to talk to someone of Jewish belief …..about how important anonymity was when Adolph Hitlers Bad Boys were rounding a specific group of people up tp send them to hades......we are only 80 short years removed from that Global nightmare....if Adolph had had a list of genetic templates we might not have any Jewish friends left to visit with today....80 short years Friend....do you honestly believe Humanity has evolved so far beyond that level of Barbarism in those 80 short years that it could not happen again?......because you are staking the actual long term safety and future of your entire bloodline on your current beliefs and perspectives...which I completely respect and believe you should express as you see fit.

Metabolic intolerance is just a Symptom.....of parasitic interference.....easily fixed without surrendering your genetic template to the State or to a Private Company owned by some Yahoo who came up with the idea and got it online first.....lol....lol....and we all require the same diet...lol...that is how we define and track symptomology of all illnesses...its also how we cure all illnesses.
edit on 25-10-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: one4all

too late once they have a DNA sample it can be reproduced

they can put anyones DNA anywhere they want to already..

they can have all of mine they want, I'm old, rich, and have no children..

Daddy?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: hombero

Not freely, via a scientific process..if they want it, they have to collect it, I'm not giving it up to some companies database.

Just wait till insures deny medical coverage based on ones DNA..I guess by that point it's over anyway.

Thankfully, there are still laws preventing that practice from insurance companies.

But the insurance companies are continuing to try it and keep pressing on the legal envelope.

Asshats one and all.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You are totally off on your assumption that we all require the same diet. Also on the metabolic intolerance, that is not dependent on parasites. Spend ten years studying this stuff and take a bunch of specialized medical classes and maybe I will take you seriously. Our diets need to correspond with how our ancestors ate, my ancestors ate different than the ancestors of many other cultures. I am not afraid of parasites, many food chemistries kill them.

Since I started studying things, I am not afraid of hardly any microbes or viruses anymore, even the worst form of bacteria does not have to hurt us if our immune system responds correctly. The key to that is metabolomocs.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I will never give up my DNA..just because!

You already have....

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Don't have to be willingly all the same or even knowingly.

A trumped-up charge is enough for them to require a sample, or they could simply go through your trash and come away with a pube or two.

As to the validity of the sample, well it's as valid as "They" want it to be.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You already have....

How did he give up his DNA?

You can't drop a little bomb like that with zero explanation.

So, 'splain Lucy...please.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You already have....

When did they collect it?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Don't have to be willingly all the same or even knowingly.

A trumped-up charge is enough for them to require a sample, or they could simply go through your trash and come away with a pube or two.

As to the validity of the sample, well it's as valid as "They" want it to be.

Sure, I understand that, really though, they would have to order me to give a sample, or observe me placing something with my DNA on it, then collect, and who's to say it has not been contaminated.

edit on 26-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter
I can imagine he is referring to the fact we do leave many things around with potential DNA, a drink cup, pop bottle, cigarette butt..etc. But those would need to be collected upon observation of item being discarded..immediately. Even then, useless in court, and how do they know there is no cross contamination.

Jm2c.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The people that make the laws are to say.

The implication being it's just like a fingerprint, but i think anyone with half a brain can understand the real connotations which stretch rather further than simple identification.

Fact is once your DNA is entered into the system, it can be found anywhere "they" choose to say so.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I hear ya

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join