It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Umpire Investigated After Pro Trump Twitter Post

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

What?

Why is he being investigated and for what exactly?

I swear the Progressive Left would have Mao's Re-Education Camps for Trump Voters if they got their way.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

what i have seen so far this trump-army wouldn't be that dangerous because of overweight and other health problems. by the way: who would be the target when it comes to a civil war? kindergardens? schools? book-stores? hospitals? you know these damned leftys are everywhere.

USAT

U Suck At Trolling

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's the liberal way. Can't win on ideas or issues, we'll just ban anyone who voices opinions we don't agree with.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This would cover it.

Whoever, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony that has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against property or against the person of another in violation of the laws of the United States, and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent, solicits, commands, induces, or otherwise endeavors to persuade such other person to engage in such conduct, shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half of the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the crime solicited, or both; or if the crime solicited is punishable by life imprisonment or death, shall be imprisoned for not more than twenty years

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's the liberal way. Can't win on ideas or issues, we'll just ban anyone who voices opinions we don't agree with.

Well, he deleted the tweet soon after he posted it... Almost like he knew how dumb it was.

According to the article in OP, there are unverified screenshots of his twitter account that show he was pro-Trump and an advocate of Q for some time... Notice how none of that made the news until he said-

“I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL [sic] WAR!!! #MAGA2020”

How many people with good jobs are using a twitter with their name attached to say that? Not many, because it's a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Unless his job was attached to it, I don't see a problem. The people wanting an investigation are just people who crap themselves if they see a gun. It's a crying shame that the squeaky wheels have made guns the boogie monster.

I can't find the tweet anywhere, only reports of it. I want to see if it was connected to his job somehow. I never would have known who Rob Drake was without the media blowing up due to his presidential support. And let's be real, if he didn't support Trump, this wouldn't be in the news.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I mean let's face it--

Ump would have been investigated if he tweeted

"Going fishing today. God bless America Trump 2020."

This is the era of hurt feelings and witch hunts.

This is the era of the internet. It changed the whole system of hate. Back in the days, instead of posting hate massages, people wrote letters with death threats to others, just for fun. And the lunatics, the extremists, radicals etc... had to shout against walls, or making 1000 phone calls to spread their message, only a few found enough idiots to start a cult, most of them stayed isolated. There was more murders actually but the same wars.
edit on 24-10-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is really nothing... I will be building a homemade atomic bomb, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL [sic] WAR!!! #MAGA2020 #BOOM”

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Unless his job was attached to it, I don't see a problem.

Until someone makes the connection for you. Note: I don't agree with this, as it creates problems for unhindered speech, but it's the times we live in... And there are ways around this, like ATS for example.

The people wanting an investigation are just people who crap themselves if they see a gun.

Except he implied he would use said gun in a civil war.

And let's be real, if he didn't support Trump, this wouldn't be in the news.

There have been plenty of left leaning people who implied violence in tweets who made the news... Specifically, many who threatened the Covington Catholic kids (though I'll note those were directed and not a broad perceived threat, so not a perfect comparison). Here's the thread, and you'll notice my stance is similar, if not more direct. I don't have a team, I do opinions issue by issue, and I'm typically consistent.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

He probably deleted it because he typed "Cival" in there. I'm a little embarrassed by that because the "A" and the "I" are nowhere near each other on the qwerty keyboard.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Most American's support President Trump. MLB Umpires are Americans.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm just looking for the tweet.

And being a Trump supporter and a high paying job will get you noticed in the media faster than anything else.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm always bemused by the people who become the political caricatures their opponents draw them as. When you make insane and absurd proclamations like "I'm gearin' up fer da second civil war, partner!" you are quite literally espousing the rhetoric of those who seek to destroy you and rejoice in your doom.

The best way to defeat these authoritarian lunatics is to not play their game. Simply be better than they are. It shouldn't be too hard. They're mighty awful human beings. Stop trying to fight rampant stupidity and insanity with rampant stupidity and insanity. I no longer care who did what when or why. What I want to know is who is going to make it stop by simply being a decent and civil human being.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If Trump is impeached and removed from office is such an underhanded way there will be civil disorder. Sounds like a reasonable and common sense call to get yourself a gun.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

He probably deleted it because he typed "Cival" in there. I'm a little embarrassed by that because the "A" and the "I" are nowhere near each other on the qwerty keyboard.

Per MLB's social media policy.

Once something is posted, you will not be able to retract it – once you hit send, your message becomes public information that can be forwarded and reported by the media.

Pause and think twice before sending a message across social media in the “heat of the moment”, i.e., if you are angry, emotional or reacting to a controversial news story, public event or something said or written about you; and

If you would not feel comfortable saying something at a press conference or seeing something attributable to you in a newspaper, you should refrain from posting any such messages, information or photos to social media;

8. Displaying or transmitting Content that constitutes harassment of an individual or group of individuals, or threaten

Enforcement: A Player who violates this policy may be subject to discipline for just cause by either his Club or the Commissioner in accordance with Article XII of the Basic Agreement.

I searched it, because I've signed the same agreements.

Please note, the wording is for players, though I'm willing to bet it extends to employees, especially umpires as their names are listed in pregame summaries (typically for bettors). But this is an important note, as the same rules may not apply for those with positions that are not as publicly visible.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Havent watched a baseball game since the greedy bastards went on strike when I was a kid years ago. But this trend in companys going for employees over facebook/twitter needs to stop unless it directly hurts the company's. I am all for whistleblowers when evil sh!t is about tho.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's the Tolerant Progressive way.... Don't tar real Liberals with that.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

It's the Tolerant Progressive way.... Don't tar real Liberals with that.

So you don't see how his tweet could warrant an investigation by the MLB based on the social media agreement I listed above?

Because that's where they're at, an investigation... Though I'd venture to guess he gets clipped unless his union goes up to bat for him (pun intended).

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It is often cited in prep articles and forums to keep your preps a secret, it's pretty obvious because you make yourself a target by advertising you have supplies for a SHTF scenario. Unregulated militias are formed in cells and keep their mouths shut as they will become a target for the government to keep an eye on.

The comment made is similar in that this guy will have weapons and ammo and implies what he intends to do with it if a civil war breaks out. A bad move if you're serious about preparing for something like that. The grey man approach is preferred over getting involved with a big group because being identified as a target is foolish. The first rule of prepping is don't talk about prepping, otherwise you are risking your security as well as any other preppers you associate with.
edit on 24-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It was a pro-trump tweet, so he'll lose his job, be slandered through the press, his wife and children will have threats made against them, and they'll have to go into hiding because of thugs circling his home after he is doxed.

He'll probably end up dying, his family broken and shattered forever.

All because he said something supportive of Trump.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else who might want to say something supportive!

*wags finger*

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join