It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Umpire Investigated After Pro Trump Twitter Post

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
People on both the left and right have lost their jobs over the things they have posted. Maybe he was drunk when he did it or maybe he is just an idiot.

I really do not understand why so many people have such a hard time understanding that there can be consequences to putting things in writing that everyone can see with your name attached to it.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All this civil war talk is just talk.

Americans, other then a maybe couple of guys, won't get around to doing anything violent. Some people find it fun to boast about though.
edit on 10/24/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It was a pro-trump tweet, so he'll lose his job,

Any company that is a household name would have their hand forced on this one, and they'd be legally protected by the agreement they have employees sign (only if the connection was made between the company and employee in the public eye). Not because he's pro Trump, but because he plainly stated he'd use a gun in a civil war.

Though, that doesn't mean he should be doxxed and worried about his family, which is a genuine concern of yours, and I could easily see happening with the rightfully defined thin skinned nut jobs out there getting mad about a tweet. (for the record, I'm not mad, I have just seen people get clipped for far less, so I know where it's going).

Anyone who engages in any harassment towards him (past online bantering) should have their crimes answered for.
edit on 24-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

So he is exercising his rights and not breaking any laws. I must have missed what he is being investigated for,

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No one will be punished for harassing him because they are just exercising their free speech.

link   
A smart man would have a few AR’S squirrels away and never post about your intentions or capabilities.

I want to go on record and say I lost my rifle in a freak boating accident.

link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I really do not understand why so many people have such a hard time understanding that there can be consequences to putting things in writing that everyone can see with your name attached to it.

And as long as a company has agreements they get you to sign and document any social media activity in violation... They're legally protected from any action thereafter.

Though, I do believe umps are in a union... So he might somehow skate by on this one, I'm all for redemption, and it was most likely all talk... Possibly courage juice inspired as you noted.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So most people would not use a gun to defend themselves if a civil war broke out and would let looters come and rape their families and kill them?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So most people would not use a gun to defend themselves if a civil war broke out and would let looters come and rape their families and kill them?

No, I just think most people wouldn't publicly announce their motives and leave it open to interpretation on the intent they would have for such a civil war.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
um Point of order

Does anyone have this tweet to prove it is real??

no screenshot, so it's an allegation, like "Russian Collusion"

The article I read said he deleted it so fast a screen shot could not be taken

It's not like people would lie to hurt President Trump or his supporters now would they??

No one on ATS would lie about what other posters say right??

Maybe, (just spitballing here [see what I did]) but, could it be possible it was misread or not real?

this is a rumor, those of you saying it is factual cannot prove it.

Or did we all lose our minds last night??

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
trumpets keep threatening of war on public forums...

hey ***** ions, if Mark gets fired, I'm going to by an Uzi and prep for war. I wonder if that would get my job to call the authorities...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

it doesn't matter. you'll defend it no matter what the content.
you'll tweak and bend things, and say it's nothing.
in the same light you would be livid if a Democrat said something along those lines in reference to a republican of any capacity.

in this new version of America, it's about who commits a crime and their political affiliation and not about the crime.

“I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL [sic] WAR!!! #MAGA2020”

he's going to buy a gun, and we need to get ready for a war if Trump gets impeached.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

um Point of order

I see what you did there... And it brought me right back to the video which I admit made me laugh. That was a good funny.

To the rest of your points, those are fair. Also it's possible he was hacked. I remember when the CEO of twitter had someone post tweets on his twitter profile. Some articles were saying if you spoofed the phone number of the profile's owner, you could post tweets simply by SMS (again, you'd have to spoof their number, which isn't incredibly difficult).

It is currently just an investigation, and I'd imagine the MLB has enough pull to have twatter assist them. So, we will see. But if allegations are true, he's not the brightest crayon in the box IMO.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Prep for it, not start it. How is that threatening war?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Most won't, I also would not announce I plan to drink a glass of water. It doesn't make it wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

it doesn't matter. you'll defend it no matter what the content.
you'll tweak and bend things, and say it's nothing.
in the same light you would be livid if a Democrat said something along those lines in reference to a republican of any capacity.

in this new version of America, it's about who commits a crime and their political affiliation and not about the crime.

“I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL [sic] WAR!!! #MAGA2020”

he's going to buy a gun, and we need to get ready for a war if Trump gets impeached.

Yes, I am a Marine, I took an oath, I will even defend YOUR right to free speech with my life as well

what are you willing to die for?
edit on 24-10-2019 by thedigirati because: the Oath to Protect The USA is not Political.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Most won't, I also would not announce I plan to drink a glass of water. It doesn't make it wrong.

Companies don't care about right and wrong when it comes to public perception. They only care about perception. Again, this isn't something I agree with, but as a realist, I understand the times we live in and this is not a new trend.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
um Point of order

Does anyone have this tweet to prove it is real??

no screenshot, so it's an allegation, like "Russian Collusion"

The article I read said he deleted it so fast a screen shot could not be taken

It's not like people would lie to hurt President Trump or his supporters now would they??

No one on ATS would lie about what other posters say right??

Maybe, (just spitballing here [see what I did]) but, could it be possible it was misread or not real?

this is a rumor, those of you saying it is factual cannot prove it.

Or did we all lose our minds last night??

This ^^^

I looked for the actual tweet but only found reports on it. Can't tell me it was deleted so fast that it couldn't be captured with a screenshot. Progs are out there looking for stuff like this and it takes them a split second to work that screenshot control.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
No, no it wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The UAE threw one of my colleagues in jail for disparaging the company we worked for.....only he said it in Florida. Got arrested at the abu dhabi airport.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join