It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spacesuit Gloves Contaminated During Friday's Historic Spacewalk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

But the real question on everyone's mind is ... How did Justin Trudeau manage to get up there for her to touch?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: MisterSpock
If this thread has taught us one thing....

Never entrust our precious space gear to women, lest we want them stained with space grease and want to come home to a overcooked space microwave dinner after a long day at the space factory.

Is anyplace, whether on earth or in space, safe from the incompetency of the human female?????

Wow.

Guess I am not surprised that such a thought would get posted on ATS.

You possess no humor.

Maybe you can find it on ebay, or amazon with free prime shipping?

Even then, I'm sure you would know what to do with it.
edit on 22-10-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

He could give it the Canadian wedding treatment? This also suggest what really happened to CanadaArm2 and shows the source of the contamination -- space pudding.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Never entrust our precious space gear to women, lest we want them stained with space grease and want to come home to a overcooked space microwave dinner after a long day at the space factory.

Is anyplace, whether on earth or in space, safe from the incompetency of the human female?????

Wow.

You possess no humor.

Even then, I'm sure you wouldn't know what to do with it.

I had hoped you were joking as I always thought of you as one of the level headed posters here. After that reply, maybe not.

Not sure why women still get so stereotyped.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

From a woman, because it's fun?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just a little smear of space jam.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It is actually a big deal in one respect. These suits were made in the 70s. And sadly do to accidents and wear they dont have many left.

So this means Nasa needs to design new suits asap. And the new suits need to be able to switch sizes easily. Currently it takes about 12 hours to change sizes.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
It is actually a big deal in one respect. These suits were made in the 70s. And sadly do to accidents and wear they dont have many left.

So this means Nasa needs to design new suits asap. And the new suits need to be able to switch sizes easily. Currently it takes about 12 hours to change sizes.

That's a good point.

These space suits were designed with antiquated ideals of body image in mind.

Where are all the plus sized suits?? We need suits to fit all body shapes...

Why aren't they sending any plus sized BBW's into space, this is BS.

Time to get with the times and stop this unrealistic image of space pioneers.

#sendtesstospace

The universe is filled with large celestial bodies, time we send one of our own into space.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Stop fantasizing about episodes of My 300lb Spacewalk Life!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

They simply don't make things like they used. I mean they really don't.

We don't even have our own space shuttles or the next gen replacements we were supposed to.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Wow.

You possess no humor.

I had hoped you were joking as I always thought of you as one of the level headed posters here. After that reply, maybe not.

In two minds as a male about this and why people are making jokes at women’s expense and yes it’s a bit sad but

It seems patronising to women from the media

“ wow, look, two women space walking aren’t they clever”
Or
Maybe it’s the suggestion that people need to have the fact that two women in space is socially important because women are equal, again, a bit patronising, I don’t know anyone that doesn’t consider women socially equal these days

Treating women like children and the public in general as well

And really, astronauts, what do they really do outside of joyride
They send monkeys and dogs into space

That’s why I was tempted to make a sexist comment

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There was life found attached to the Space Station last year. They must be VERY CAREFUL!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don’t understand why it is historic what sex organs the astronauts have. Why exactly am is supposed to give a crap? If they can do their job who cares.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It's probably poop. or other sewer they discharge into space from their station.
edit on 22-10-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

How many female astronauts does it take to remove a space stain from a space glove?

I'm going to buck the trend here by specifically not making a sexist joke.

Here goes:

The stain probably won't matter. If they are typical millenial they will wear it once, and it will stay at the back of the closett for the next 5 years until their mom gives it away to goodwill.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

It's odd that they keep mentioning it for sure. I'm more perturbed that this is the 21st Century and not only were we supposed to be so advanced that we had flying cars, but we can't even design a spacesuit that fits your body. No reason we shouldn't have something that looks relative to a deep sea diver and still hold our body heat in space. Ever try to do something with big gloves? It makes things ridiculously more challenging. We're out there representing Earthlings and we look more like the good brother to Dagoth, the thing Conan rips the horn out of in Conan the Destroyer.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Probably just some mayonnaise while they were making historic spacewalk sandwiches.

Wait, they made sandwiches up there too? I thought they were only doing the first "females doing laundry in space" mission?

(but in all seriousness, how f-ing stupid is it to make it some big deal that not ONE, but TWO females are spacewalking at the same time! WOW!!!!!)

Even better that they called it an "all female" crew, lol! And their bag of tools is floating around out there somewhere, soon to find an orbit and maybe make its way to the rings of Saturn. Then in another million years when humans finally make it there and our civilization is forgotten, they can make the discovery and link it back to extraterrestrials out there somewhere from another galaxy that visited Earth and prove it was a tool bag from ET, backed up by peer reviewed papers.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Wow.

Probably more surprised than most of us are that you missed the sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Wow.

You possess no humor.

Because if you meet a woman who can't take a woman joke then you'll know she's too dramatic and sensitive and she'll never be worth your time if you enjoy life. It differentiates between a real woman and a hypersensitive one. My wife's first reaction when she sees someone driving stupid is "Must be a woman/bimbo."

Stereotypes only reach as far as the guilty parties. So if a stereotype offends you, I have some bad news.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

That's a good point.

These space suits were designed with antiquated ideals of body image in mind.

Where are all the plus sized suits?? We need suits to fit all body shapes...

Why aren't they sending any plus sized BBW's into space, this is BS.

Time to get with the times and stop this unrealistic image of space pioneers.

#sendtesstospace

The universe is filled with large celestial bodies, time we send one of our own into space.

No existing booster powerful enough to send tubs of lard in space.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join