It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spacesuit Gloves Contaminated During Friday's Historic Spacewalk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

So, while a "contaminated spacesuit glove" might seem mysterious or dangerous, it looks like the glove just has some grease on it from Canadarm2. Koch said during the webcast that the gloves are now being analyzed inside the space station and the contaminated glove is "just a little it stained."

"Unfortunately, I wish I could stay just as clean when I'm in my spacesuit as I attempt to do when I'm eating in the galley and our food floats around," Koch joked, reemphasizing that the glove contamination is really no big deal. "It shouldn't be any kind of a big deal to take from here," she said.

Spacesuit Gloves Contaminated During Friday's Historic Spacewalk

Hopefully this is not some kind of ET about to infect the ISS. Normally I would just think it was some kind of grease as is being reported. The problem is when NASA keeps reemphasizing something like this you better keep an eye on it.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Probably just some mayonnaise while they were making historic spacewalk sandwiches.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I'm sure it's nothing. Nothing ever goes wrong when the space station gets a little contamination.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Hopefully this is not some kind of ET about to infect the ISS.

We'll find out when they bring it back and starts the zombie apocalypse.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Probably just some mayonnaise while they were making historic spacewalk sandwiches.

Wait, they made sandwiches up there too? I thought they were only doing the first "females doing laundry in space" mission?

(but in all seriousness, how f-ing stupid is it to make it some big deal that not ONE, but TWO females are spacewalking at the same time! WOW!!!!!)

edit on 22-10-2019 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No problem as long as thee contamination doesn’t cause an air leak.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Not only did we have to build it up like it was some big "thang" but now do you notice how we also have to run it down as if no other astronaut previously has ever gotten a bit of something on their glove? Ever?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Wait...I get this now. NICE!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How many female astronauts does it take to remove a space stain from a space glove?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

it looks like the glove just has some grease on it from Canadarm2
a reply to: LookingAtMars

That's what you get when you put your hands all over the Canada Arm. Greasy fingers.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
She better get that stain out before her husband gets home from his space factory job.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Waiting for the Tide commercial to come out.

Dawn may give it some competition.
edit on 10/22/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
women !

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Better than bringing back four pair of shoes.....

They were on sale!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A little club soda or Shout oughtta fix it. :-)

I just couldn't help it.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think some Comet would work best....given their present location.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
She probably b!tc& slapped an alien NBC reporter, that got too handsy... the stain was a combination of make-up, and smarm...

The astronauts are being blamed, to cover for the network.

Mork Lauer
edit on 22-10-2019 by madmac5150 because: I just can't even

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

Wait, they made sandwiches up there too? I thought they were only doing the first "females doing laundry in space" mission?

(but in all seriousness, how f-ing stupid is it to make it some big deal that not ONE, but TWO females are spacewalking at the same time! WOW!!!!!)

Cue the male voiceover that tells these women to use Tide (tm) to clean stubborn Canadarm2 fingering stains before their husbands come home to the station.

Stain on blue dress, aisle 3...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If this thread has taught us one thing....

Never entrust our precious space gear to women, lest we want them stained with space grease and want to come home to a overcooked space microwave dinner after a long day at the space factory.

Is anyplace, whether on earth or in space, safe from the incompetency of the human female?????

edit on 22-10-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
If this thread has taught us one thing....

Never entrust our precious space gear to women, lest we want them stained with space grease and want to come home to a overcooked space microwave dinner after a long day at the space factory.

Is anyplace, whether on earth or in space, safe from the incompetency of the human female?????

Wow.

Guess I am not surprised that such a thought would get posted on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join