It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide uptick in sales of semiautomatic rifles and ammunition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Damn, thats a helluva buy! I need my ol farm back with its partially finished barn to buy by the pallet.

I did just buy 1000 rds of fmj 10mm for $300 For breaking in a new glock 40 mos.

That was fun

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: machineintelligence

I haven't bought a new gun is several years but I thought the store runs a background check on every sale.
The only time I havent had a a new purchase background check recently, is if my CCW renewal is within its 1st year, or so...as that require a much deeper dive.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No, im thinking news outlets like infowars. They were constantly saying obama is gonna confiscate your guns everytime something happened.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

No, im thinking news outlets like infowars. They were constantly saying obama is gonna confiscate your guns everytime something happened.

Alex Jones has his place, but "news outlet"? how about no.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Wow that sort of stuff is just on sale to anyone in America, makes sense to have hollow point for shooting deer with, and you definetly need a semi automatic for that

So much for love thy neighbour

You mean like you fine folks in the UK do?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yes, I used to cruise gun shows years back when i worked for a traveling carpentery co.
I had bought a bunch of cosmoline packed and wrapped in Kraft paper 7.62x39 it all fired fined, just needed to clean your hands after opening it.

Stuff was dirt cheap back then, I think I paid 40$ for 2000 rounds.

People had pile of sks' from china, russia, Czech for ridiculous prices.
Picked up a pair of Russian made for a hundred bucks.

But that was the good old 90's , lots of cheap rifles,ammo, and cans back then.
edit on 19-10-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Damn, thats a helluva buy! I need my ol farm back with its partially finished barn to buy by the pallet.

I did just buy 1000 rds of fmj 10mm for $300 For breaking in a new glock 40 mos.

That was fun

That's a good price for 10mm.

That glock 40 is nice, I've been eyeballing my neighbors. He absolutely loves it, and is ordering all kinds of toys for it.
I suggested some Warren tactical sights, and he seems excited about them.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I took a Vortex venom off a .22 rifle, put it on the G40 Mos (one of the base plates that comes with the firearm will guarentee fit the Venom).

Laser bore sighted at 25 ft. Got on paper and zeroed at 50 pretty quick. I use the blue locktight on dot install, and have fired over 600 rds without losing zero, including 150 Underwood 185 and 200s (for bear)

I threw a TLR-2 HL G green laser/flash, however a couple of mags and (even with blue loctite on the bolt) the light will move to the end of the bottom rail.

I also got KKM Preciision, threaded barrel 6.45", and compensator. Worked the trigger to 2 3/4 lbs.

Fantastic pistol, good in the woods
edit on 19-10-2019 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
Nice rig setup.
Takes a bit of work to get glock triggers down to 2-3 lbs.
Do the toys for the threaded barrel get in the way of your rmr?

My current woods rig is a canik tp9sfx.
R.i.p. rounds and 147gr. Fmj's stacked intermediately. We've got lots if wolves and the black bear are are pretty frisky this time of year.
I took the rmr off it due to it being an electronic that I don't need batteries failing on me, or me "chasing the dot" when i need to get a snap shot on something that wants to eat me.

Got a picatinny mounted flash that has a spring catch, so I can take it off during day use as I've them turn on and not know it during the day only to find out later when its dying and getting dark.

For 700$ that canik is one hell of a complete package. No problems punching out the 10x ring at 25yds, or ringing the 18" gongs at 75.

Trigger is crisp, no drag or creep after polishing at just about 2lbs. Also trigger safety was pinned in place, it can be removed to return it to functional.

Sights are great, 20+1 capacity as it's competition ready from factory. Flared magwells, interchangeable palm swell inserts, 3 mag release button heights, 4 rmr mount plates. No threaded barrels for it though.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Really nice set up you have.
The compensator is flush 360 deg to the Glock slide, so no interference on the dot.

The Trl is on the lower rail. I need my arms alot in the woods so I chest carry this rig in a sling.

I have a number of other woods setups: .454 6" Super RH etc... I tweeked this for accomadating my changing vision.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As an example of what I am talking about in this thread quite a bit is when you find a deal it is good to have liquid a few hundred or so to pick up a deal. Like this one some 5.56mm plinking ammo for $0.19 cents per round.

www.ammunitiontogo.com...

I have dealt with this company and they are very good. Just a sometimes customer not affiliated with them.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I almost ordered the No Beto AR lower receiver after the debates.

No Beto

edit on 28-10-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join