It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Erdogan “ don’t be a tough guy , don’t be a fool “

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I’ve been against Trump’s move in Syria.

Because I think the Kurds are brilliant fighters and great allies. My thoughts always go back to a letter I read in the New York Times after the invasion and toppling of Saddam . The Kurdish people thanked all of America for a new found freedom .

The Kurds haven’t had allies since the ottoman empire. They were just allies of convenience over the next 100 years . I felt like we were leaving them in the same place .

Now straight out of trumps playbook comes this letter and he’s left me thinking what the hell is going on ?

One thing I’ve learned about Trump.

Is just when you think you’ve got him figured out you’re wrong .

The only thing I can be sure of with Trump is that he doesn’t bluff when the stakes are this high .

A letter like this sent directly to a head of state has started wars before . “ don’t be a tough guy don’t be a fool “ that hits Erdogan directly in his ego. It’s going to be interesting how this plays out .

It’s clear to me that POTUS isn’t playing around with this type direct and precise threat tailored to hit Erdogan hard and make him look little instead of a strong man as he perceives himself .

edit on 16-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Trump seems to in-between a rock and a hard place with the Kurds , 8 times they got jilted at the alter now

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My favorite line...

I will call you later.

Must be nice to be such BFFs

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One thing is for sure,

Turks do not like to be told what they can, or can’t do.

Trump once recognized Erdogan as a “strong leader”, and admired him for that (likely because Trump sees himself that way).

But when you insult, or worse, threaten, a strong leader,

Nasty things often happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The only thing I can be sure of with Trump is that he doesn’t bluff when the stakes are this high .

If you really know about Donald Trump, you know that all he can do is bluff when the stakes are high.

That's kind of his thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I feel like I've just entered a cheesy hollywood movie.

Oh and by the way, using the line "Don't be a fool!" determines quite clearly that Trump thinks Erdogan has the potential to be a fool. Fairly sure Erdogan's not going to dig that.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Trump seems to in-between a rock and a hard place with the Kurds , 8 times they got jilted at the alter now

A Situation Directly Created by the Obama Administrations FAILED Foreign Policies . President Trump is trying to Clean Up the Mess Obama Created in the Middle East during the 8 Years he Had to FIX it . Good Luck President Trump , about Time Someone Bitch Slapped the American People Back to their Senses !

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you really know about Donald Trump, you know that all he can do is bluff when the stakes are high.

That's kind of his thing.

You mean like the Chinese tariffs? Yeah, great bluff. Do you even believe half the crap you spew against Trump?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That letter sounded like something Churchill would’ve sent.

I am no doubt in my mind Erdogan was mad when he read that .

But just like any bully I bet Erdogan will blink.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Always the bridesmaid never the bride .

You’ve got to admire the Kurds spirit in spite of that .

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Oh man this is going to get messy, as usual trumps in way over his head, if only he had military generals and advisors to help him out.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Things could get out of hand pretty quickly over there , who would know what to believe if things went south quickly in that region with all the power players on the local area

must get more beers in

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

He does bluff and win too.

Thanks for reminding me .

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Social Darwinism - ONLY The Strong Survive . The Weak will Perish Unless they Serve a Purpose to the Strong . C'est la Vie for the Animal Called MAN .

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
“ don’t be a tough guy , don’t be a fool “

That sounds like a Motown song. Or one of those 50's or 60's groups.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Now that the Kurds have made a deal with Assad and Russia if Turkey is repelled from Syria I will be happy. The only way the Kurds were going to have their own nation was to take the land from someone else by force, once again starting a multi generational war.

We should have never been in Syria trying to overthrow their government PERIOD..

Trump is right about the sanctions which can and will destroy Turkey's economy... unfortunately every day until Turkey retreats people are dying... luckily not Americans.

Now if we can get our troops out of Afghanistan then well and good.. The next screwed up place is Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and the thing they have going on with Iran..not to mention the threats on shipping Iran seems to put out every week

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: ,

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

" Things could get out of hand pretty quickly over there "

I am Not my Brothers Keeper . Do what he Will , but Suffer the Consequences of his Actions .....
edit on 16-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
“ don’t be a tough guy , don’t be a fool “

That sounds like a Motown song. Or one of those 50's or 60's groups.

Killary has been heard whistling this rumor has it
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Dated October 9, the same day Turkey launched their offensive. I can't imagine any world leader reading that letter and taking it seriously.

"I will call you later"...? Is this like note-passing in high school?

How did that letter even leave the White House?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh man this is going to get messy, as usual trumps in way over his head, if only he had military generals and advisors to help him out.

I so miss not having a 'LMAO' face like on social media.

OH WAIT! THERE IT IS!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join