It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No House vote on impeachment at this time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...
So the speaker, herself, has spoken.
There is no "official" impeachment inquiry going on currently.
There has been a lot of debate about such.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will hold off on calling a full House vote for now to authorize a formal impeachment inquiry, a congressional aide confirms to CNN.

So there are no impeachment powers currently in place to force the executive branch to do squat.
From the speaker herself.

She delivered this message to her caucus in their ongoing closed door meeting this evening.

Seems this is just another on going smear tactic against the president.
A simple floor vote to investigate abuse of power, obstruction ect seems pretty easy to take.
Wonder why they refuse?

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
She needs to call a vote on whether or not to take a vote 😎

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
This effectively ends the narrative that they do not need a vote for a " formal impeachment inquiry".
The speaker herself has admitted they do.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good thing a vote still isn’t needed for the AG to hand out a stack of indictments...

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They're baaaack.

Recess ended today for the congresswampers.

Nancy had time to "re-evaluate" the sitchee-a-shun, and decided there would be no formal vote. Ha! Of course, she said it is not a requirement and she's proud of her caucus for upholding the constitution of the United States.

You're killing me, Smalls! hahahaha!

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Maybe we need to revisit Nancy's purchase of the VISA IPO and how she was even allowed to participate in the offering...

Nah.

That's so 2008.

60 minutes did a report on it in 2011.

She declined to comment about it...

So a reporter questioned her on that and the response was...

Kroft: Madam Leader, I wanted to ask you why you and your husband back in March of 2008 accepted and participated in a very large IPO deal from Visa at a time there was major legislation affecting the credit card companies making its way through the-- through the House.

Nancy Pelosi: But--

Kroft: And did you consider that to be a conflict of interest?

Pelosi: The-- y-- I-- I don't know what your point is of your question. Is there some point that you want to make with that?

Kroft: Well, I-- I-- I guess what I'm asking is do you think it's all right for a speaker to accept a very preferential, favorable stock deal?

Pelosi: Well, we didn't.

Kroft: You participated in the IPO. And at the time you were speaker of the House. You don't think it was a conflict of interest or had the appearance--

Pelosi: No, it was not--

Kroft: --of a conflict of interest?

Pelosi: --it doesn't-- it only has appearance if you decide that you're going to have-- elaborate on a false premise. But it-- it-- it's not true and that's that.

Kroft: I don't understand what part's not true.

Pelosi: Yes sir. That-- that I would act upon an investment.

Congress: Trading stock on insider information?

Coincidences.

edit on 15-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrodyIt's time...call forth the KRAKEN...release the declassifications!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
We all knew this was coming.

Even lefties knew it deep down.

What I wonder now is., is this decision of not voting a result of some closed door, back alley deal that the Dems made to prevent the release of the FISA report? Or at least postpone it for a time that allows them the opportunity to create a response that protects them from fallout from the report?

It seems that the 18th was the day (last I read) that this report was coming. I hope that remains true.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
But but but....

What's the matter speaker blinky?
I thought you had enough evidence to impeach....

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, I'm sooo surprised.

I thought for sure they were going to get the bad orange man this time.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: azbowhunter

It seems that the 18th was the day (last I read) that this report was coming. I hope that remains true.

Last I heard...the release date was the following Monday or Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Oranges aren't quite ripe for picking yet.

When is Florida citrus in season?
Florida oranges are plentiful from October through June, although the largest quantities are available from December through May. Fresh Florida grapefruit is shipped from September through June, with the height of the harvest occurring in February.

Oranges

Patience.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
But all the left leaning posters on ATS assured us that Trump is and will finally be impeached, so what happened?

Either or, while they probably could and would have voted on articles, it would arrogantly and expectedly fail in the Senate, thus robbing leftist progs of the full realization of their short sighted victory.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: watchitburn

Oranges aren't quite ripe for picking yet.

When is Florida citrus in season?
Florida oranges are plentiful from October through June, although the largest quantities are available from December through May. Fresh Florida grapefruit is shipped from September through June, with the height of the harvest occurring in February.

Oranges

Patience.
Lol, tick tock? ⏰

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
She needs to call a vote on whether or not to take a vote 😎

God bless her.

πŸ˜‡

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Ummm. . . . . . . but all the leftists here, on MSM, pundits. . . . they all told me Trump was going down, they even said Pence was going down and Pelosi was going to be president.

I'll just sit back patiently and wait for them to admit that they were all wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah, once the vodka wore off she realized how it would open a whole sack a worms she couldn't fish with.

Silly twig.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ummm. . . . . . . but all the leftists here, on MSM, pundits. . . . they all told me Trump was going down, they even said Pence was going down and Pelosi was going to be president.

I'll just sit back patiently and wait for them to admit that they were all wrong.

They said Pelosi was their peach too, but she wasn't ripe yet. She looks over ripe to me

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They said Pelosi was their peach too, but she wasn't ripe yet. She looks over ripe to me

I never heard Pelosi was a "peach."

But overripe is fermented.

Gets you drunk.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
You are right. I thought see seemed a little tipsy sometimes. I wish her well

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join