It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject
I have more pressing matters to do but I just wanted to post this distraction.

Agreed everyone has more pressing matters. However some musings on Bigfoot's elusiveness.
Humans are dangerous. From our illnesses to our weapons we have proven to be something to remain cautious of.

We fail to take care of our own, we fail to take care of our things and in their eyes thru development we destroy places as well.

Elusiveness is to their benefit.
Guerrilla tactics are effective and any predator who does NOT study it's prey starves.
Make no mistake we are studied.

While I'm not fully convinced we ARE seen as prey, I am convinced that the mistaken idea that they are stupid, don't have their own culture, or are rare is hogwash. The most I will concede to is that some are dumber/more inexperienced than others.

Personally knowing about them is no different than knowing about other critters out in the woods, and by critters I'm including meth labs and grow-ops. Not just foxes, bears or snakes. There's a million things you can run into out in the woods so being "aware" is just common sense.

Back to musings.

What I absolutely don't understand is how anyone in 2019 after 50 years of information being given on them is still clueless. Tal Branco and Tim Baker have informed people many times over what to look for and where to go yet we still have the whole lot sitting around a campfire bleating recorded calls instead of using woodcraft. Or worse trying to feed them & gift them. (snort)

Or better yet the BFRO with it's sightings database yet no one is triangulating groups of sightings. Oh yeah...the best case of idiocy I've seen is people marveling over 3-4 sightings WITHOUT using a distance calculator and figuring out that the actual distance was only maybe 5 miles in total instead of the conclusion they came to which was 3-4 groups of Bigfoot!! SMH

These weren't maybe the musings the OP intended.
Of course there will be the "Pics/body or it didn't happen" group but they are usually the same ones who can't track chipmunks much less bother to learn what they need to track something smarter.

edit on 13-10-2019 by Caver78 because: Post toned down for public consumption

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

What's otherworldly about algae, moss, and waterlily sticking to their hair?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

They keep hidden unless they target you for something.

I think we're prey along with everything else.

Care to elaborate about "woodcraft?"
edit on 13-10-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Sure, it's simple.
It's already known and been disseminated that Bigfoot "usually" like any good trained military prefers to travel not on ridges but either along watercourses in valleys or 1/2 to 3/4 up along hillsides traveling parallel. They also don't run game trails preferring to make trails that parallel game trails. Those are easy enough to find by walking off a game trail thru the bush.

This is all very basic woodcraft.
It's also very basic common sense.

The stick structure's that people insist are shelters is also ludicrous. Walk behind them or at least look from behind it an you'll find they are most likely observational blinds, or hunting blinds. Now what a Bigfoot finds worthy of watching may not be what you would set a blind up for, but it helps to leave your own bias back in your vehicle.

It is also well known that the X's they leave if you stand behind them mark off a "stop" as in the message is don't go any further. Whether that pertains to a lack of cover, or a property owner's dogs you won't know till you stand behind it and
scout with the mindset much like a military ranger (best analogy). Actually laying on the ground and looking works better. X's may have other meanings however this at least is one of them.

Sure it's easier to wave our hands around an tell ourselves they are paranormal, or inter dimensional than do the actual hard work of piecing together what sign you find and then doing more legwork to see if it proves out. It's also incredibly physically and intellectually lazy.

I would direct you to this since early studies did not uncover much paranormal surrounding Bigfoot/Almasty.
www.stgr-primates.de...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Dug around for this as well. While in the US we were being "awed" by the Patty footage Dr Marie-Jeanne Koffman had already been doing credible fieldwork coming up with valuable information. Till recently it's not been translated from it's original French.

Before it's pointed out Bigfoot may not be the same as Almasty I'm of the opinion that you have to work with information that's legitimate and provided then build on it.

Here in the US bigfootery is much the same shyte-show as ufology is. Which is why I can't fault others for being skeptical.
Neither link is short or will spoon feed you. BTW cow-parsley is known here in the USA as Chervil.

www.isu.edu...

edit on 14-10-2019 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

It sure sounds like Bigfoot.

Maybe some kind of close variation or breed.

Afterbirth is soft tissue also like the eyes and tongue.

Interesting about the cow-PARSNIP, is that it's also eaten by the bear.

Scientific name heracleum maximum.

It's freaking associate d with Hercules.

Could he be a freaking Bigfoot?

Could it be what's giving them the size and strength?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Thank you for reading the links!

What fascinated me was the matter of fact way older generations of people of the Caucasus handled everything. Quite unlike the insanity of the way we do in the US.

While I won't go into the Janice Carter controversy, there have been over the years accounts out of rural area's where there were more normalized interactions usually with elderly people. Like you mentioned nothing conclusive if Almasty are indeed Bigfoot, however I would be surprised if there was much difference other than culturally/environmental.

It seems lots of comments in this and other threads focused more on the paranormal. All I can say is yes it can happen but personally I can't explain it. So I stay in the more concrete aspects. This is just my personal preference.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They're probably cannibals too.

I mean waste not, want not.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I just think that if they're still around it's because they are very smart about how to avoid people. They're as smart or smarter than us, but that intelligence has evolved from being elusive rather than doing human things like driving cars or emailing grandma. Somewhere out there is a Stephen Hawking of Bigfoots, that can stand right next to you and you wouldn't even notice it.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You'd probably be asking for a selfie 🤳 with him because he'd be a famous athlete, huh.

Those guys are big and built like Hercules.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Of all thyese sightings out there has there ever been one where Bigfoot have been withnessed
1 Making love
2 Giving birth
3 Grown ups being seen with children bigfoot

Yes to #3.

As for #1, we do have an eyewitness that states that he saw a Bigfoot standing in a field doing a cow from behind.

And the cow was complaining.

I kid you not.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I am talking remote where there is practically no human life or settlement to be found for hundreds if not thousands of miles. Think middle of Siberia or arctic circle type situation.

People that live in urban places seem to think that the woods are full of people. They think that man is everywhere because he has mapped everything.

A town in the forest is a very small thing. Same thing with a small city, it is small. Just because there are highways through the forest and mountains that people live along, does not mean that animals cannot live off the highways between them. The majority of times that humans see Bigfoot are when Bigfoot is crossing the road.

There is so much unoccupied land between towns that there is plenty of room for a big creature to roam. If a person owns a house with 20 acres, you can rest assured that Biggy knows where the house is, just by smell, sound and light. The fences around the property would be no barrier for them either.

Large areas of forest get logged, which must be heartbreaking for the Bigfoot, that humans are destroying their world. But that does not mean Biggy could not be in the area. Because even though there are logging roads, which are small dirt roads that wind along for miles, the parts off the road are not easily seen. In many places you cannot see what is under the trees 20 feet away, as many forest are dense and dark. A large brown or black Biggy 50 yards away would just be another shadow to a logging truck driver. Biggy knows where the roads are and they can hear those trucks coming for miles away. So logging truck drivers traveling through the forest and loggers working there are not going to see a thing.

As this thread has pointed out, many Bigfoot sightings are near water. There have even been reports of land caves being reached by going underwater to get to them. Unlike apes, Bigfoot has been seen swimming. They can cross rivers and small sections of water, moving from island to island in places like British Columbia.

Patty was probably drinking out of Bluff Creek when they first saw her. If you want to see Bigfoot, stay near the water courses.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject
a reply to: Blue Shift
You'd probably be asking for a selfie 🤳 with him because he'd be a famous athlete, huh. Those guys are big and built like Hercules.

I think I might be able to smell the thing, but like most people I don't have a directional sense of smell, so I wouldn't know exactly where he was.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Holy smoke nearly spat me Lion Bar out.................. That was funny. Feel sort of sorry for the cow and hope it WAS Bigfoot doing the probing not a man

Very interesting what you say about little Bigfeet being seen with adults. That probably does point to them being something from the animal kingdom here on Earth rather the extraterristrials or supernatural in some way.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I would direct you to this since early studies did not uncover much paranormal surrounding Bigfoot/Almasty.
www.stgr-primates.de...

That was a fantastic read (took me two days to read most of them), and I've added it to my archive section.

Thanks!
Johnny

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Pretty soon there'll be very good a.i. drones with night vision, collision avoidance, and target recognition that can navigate heavily wooded areas.

Maybe a body won't be necessary.

I want to see one in a zoo, tbph.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
That probably does point to them being something from the animal kingdom here on Earth rather the extraterristrials or supernatural in some way.

Good insight there. When people see Bigfoot near a UFO they are just being dropped off. UFO's abduct cattle and people, so there is no reason for them not to abduct Bigfoot too.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
A lot of people by now have heard of the story of the coelacanth.

It's not alone.

yet another animal believed extinct rediscovered

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

You are most welcome!
Just wish more of the information gathered gets translated from French/Russian. Also wish more people took the time to read it instead of watching "Finding Bigfoot" or paying attention to mindless podcasts.

One thing that did stand out was ,buried in there, was the marked difference between the Almasty behavior and appearance VS the Leshie from the Korov region. Both were given as scientific a study as possible so that works for me, but here in the US people are wandering off into 4-5 categories with no actual studies.

I will also recommend that you do some screen captures since some of the earlier information by Koffman seems to have been removed over time. There used to be more, much more. What's been translated is probably only the tip of the iceberg!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Another question please. If you were from outside the USA ( the UK actually) and wanted to give up your job to spend a few months backpacking around hoping to meet a Bigfoot where would you go on these two options

1 Pacific Coast Trail
2 Appalacian Trail

Is one better than the other for meeting a Bigfoot?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join