It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have not abandoned the Kurds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I will post the latest briefing from Pentagon officials and hopefully those who are interested in the Turkish invasion and the claim by many we have abandoned our once allies (Kurds) against ISIS will be laid to rest. It made me feel better. Start the video at about the 7;20 time frame as everything before is just waiting.

Next thing that has been a nagging question in the back of my mine is our relationship with Turkey. Trump along with Lindsey Graham said if the Turks cross some ? Where have we heard something like this before; LINE IN THE SAND ? that the sanctions America will place upon Turkey are straight out of hell (that is not in this video but from a Lindsey Graham interview).. Also Trump said he had three options.. Send in a vast amount of troops to repel the Turks and protect the Kurds, Sanction the crap out of Turkey or broker a deal between the Kurds and Turkey.. I would assume there are going to be sanctions (put the squeeze on the Turks) and then after a certain amount of pain and words some sort of agreement will be reached..

The main thing is during the Pentagon briefing, they tried to make it quite clear, we have not abandoned the KURDS... YEAH ! Which made me feel better even if they are only words at this stage..

On the down side is we are sending another 3000 troops to Saudi Arabia.. Defense missile batteries, Two squadrons of fighter aircraft, and maritime patrol aircraft... I assume this is all for some pending or planned action with Iran since the U.K. U.S.A. and France have come out and said the refinery attack was from Iran..Edit to add Saudi Arabia is paying for the deployment according to another video where Trump mentions the deployment.... The 31 second deployment video youtu.be...

and the "We have not abandoned the Kurds statement and video where you can start at the 07:20 mark for the full meal deal
youtu.be...

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The main thing is during the Pentagon briefing, they tried to make it quite clear, we have not abandoned the KURDS... YEAH ! Which made me feel better even if they are only words at this stage..

At this stage the Turkish forces have already captured a number of settlements along the border and are in the process of capturing the border towns.

Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This is a response to the backlash he received but a very welcome one for Europe since Turkey's action's will cause a flow of fresh refugee's and those Syrian's whom have returned home since there areas have been liberated from Isis/Daesh would have had to once again flee there home's.

It has to handled with kid gloves but there is a time for the gentle touch and a time for the hammer the problem now is deciding which is the better approach, for me Turkey has to be curtailed but they also need to be kept on side with us if possible or else they will just move over to the Chinese and Russian's giving them a regional power base, remember also that Turkey is perhaps the most powerful nation in the region and on a par with most European nations as far as it's military is concerned so? and it also has to be remembered that Turkey itself is divided on this issue as they are on there support for Erdogan which has perhaps been waning in the more westernized parts of the country.

(might be time to start issuing some armoured under pant's)

edit on 12-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes many have raised concerns about the 60,000 ISIS prisoners being released to once again cause havoc not just in Syria but Europe and other areas..

I always think of all the stories about ISIS fighters moving freely between Turkey and Syria.. There is so much to this convoluted pretzel we may never know all the stuff that actually went down. The whole thing has stunk to high heaven from the get go IMO..

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

At this stage the Turkish forces have already captured a number of settlements along the border and are in the process of capturing the border towns.

That is true, but what are our options here?

The reality is that Turkey, for now at least, is a member of NATO, and direct military confrontation is not a very good option, as they would, most likely, immediately shift their allegiance to Russia.

That, in and of itself, is not my primary concern though. My primary concern is the nukes we have in Turkey. Should they decide to take our bases by force, there is little we could do about it in real time.

Any suggestions as to how you would handle the situation without rewriting history?

This conflict between the Turks and Kurds has been going on for decades, if not mellinia.

It is a raw deal for the Kurds, but they aren't exactly innocent when it comes to the terrorism accusations either.

If NATO, or the UN are not willing, or able to bring enough pressure on Turkey to relent, I don't see a peaceful resolution, and I'm not willing to spend American blood and "treasure" in a no win position.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Regardless of what the talking head says the US have abandoned the Kurds and conditions on the ground are a result of that , Turkey wanted to do it so Trump let them in so they could , the blowhard in chief made a stupid move and now the administration is trying to put a spin on his decision and threaten sanctions against Turkey to show they are doing something , Turkey care not for your threat of sanctions and will continue with their ethnic cleansing regardless.

It was a shameful decision made by a shameless President.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Agree or disagree with the withdrawal, we haven’t abandoned the Kurds in the same way that Achoo didn’t abandon Robin in Men in Tights.

Robin said “watch my back” and that’s exactly what Achoo did: watched his back get punched twice. Watching the Kurds get run over and watching ISIS fighters escape or try to escape custody isn’t doing much more than paying lip service to the notion of not abandoning people.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Regardless of what the talking head says the US have abandoned the Kurds and conditions on the ground are a result of that , Turkey wanted to do it so Trump let them in so they could , the blowhard in chief made a stupid move and now the administration is trying to put a spin on his decision and threaten sanctions against Turkey to show they are doing something , Turkey care not for your threat of sanctions and will continue with their ethnic cleansing regardless.

It was a shameful decision made by a shameless President.

What would you do? It's easy to be an armchair general, but putting our military in harm's way requires a better reason than I've heard to this point.

This area of the world has almost never known peace in the history of civilization, and we shouldn't be the world's policemen, when it doesn't serve national interests.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

So we should go to war with Turkey over the Kurds?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Our allies against ISIS is being slaughted.. civilians killed and raped.
We pull our troops out of the way so Turkey can do this.

And we tell them to behave.. even if we knew this was going to happen.

God forgive us

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Turkey after ragging on Saudi and Egypt says if Europe does not butt out they will open the door for 2.6 million refugees to flood into Europe..

I know that Russia and Turkey and kinda like Buds now after Turkey's purchase of Russia's missile defense system and there has been talk about purchasing Russian aircraft after the USA refused to let Turkey purchase F-35s.. wonder what the Russians are thinking since they are part of Syria's defense ?

Iran has already said Turkey needs to get out of Syria.. Nothing from the Chinese I have found.. youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hey Im just wondering if you any of you who are so worried about the Kurds can find a post from before all of this where you cared about the KURDS?

Alot of thread on the ME from way back I am just looking for one of to show me where you cared . and I will eat my crow and ask for seconds.

But Im pretty sure none of you can. Because no one ever cared about them before..
edit on 12-10-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

What would you do? It's easy to be an armchair general, but putting our military in harm's way requires a better reason than I've heard to this point.

Ah that old chestnut again , your military weren't in harms way the presence of US troops and your support of the Kurds were a block to Turkey doing what they are now doing.

This area of the world has almost never known peace in the history of civilization, and we shouldn't be the world's policemen, when it doesn't serve national interests.

I guess that makes the murder of men , women and children OK then , just wipe your hands and walk away.
Your national interests are not best served by stepping aside to let genocide take place , history will remember and shame will remain.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

Hey I’m just wondering if you think if it hasn’t been posted on ATS then it doesn’t exist? I mean I like my truck but I’ve never posted about it on ATS. Does that mean I don’t actually like it?

As an aside, discussing a situation doesn’t mean one is suddenly “worried” about it. Most of us can discuss gun crime in Chicago but not be “worried” about gun crime in Chicago. Give it a try.

(post by hyperlexic removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So how long is the US going to stay there? What is the end game? Are we invited there by the country that owns that land?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Mach2

Ah that old chestnut again , your military weren't in harms way the presence of US troops and your support of the Kurds were a block to Turkey doing what they are now doing.

I guess that makes the murder of men , women and children OK then , just wipe your hands and walk away.
Your national interests are not best served by stepping aside to let genocide take place , history will remember and shame will remain.

So where does our responsibility end? There are atrocities happening in S. Africa, parts of Asia, etc as well. Should the US go in, guns blazing in those situations too?

How about you put your country's military there? How about the UN pass a resolution to put a multinational force there? How about if someone besides America steps up to the plate?

It seems everyone else is wiping their collective hands to me.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join