It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for the existence of God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't have to believe, because I've witnessed different forms of blatant paranormal activity on several occasions. By blatant, I mean I've actually seen things and had things physically interact with me. I've written about my various experiences elsewhere here. It always seemed logical to think that just like how humans have a hierarchy, spirits and higher dimensions probably do as well. Whatever is at the top would probably be what we think of as God.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
If there was irrefutable proof of a god, and all the accompanying dogma then there would be no need for faith, and that defeats the whole purpose, in my simple opinion. a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Cool poem I like thata reply to: Lumenari

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This reality is the place we attend to determine our worthiness to ascend into the real world. They only accept honest people who are trustworthy here, this reality is the testing ground. I think we are more than just the thoughts of the creator. I think that a great computer program developed in the future could create a reality like this to train and assess a person to see if the child will be allowed to be in society.

This may be way more advanced than that though. Remember a very great society would also include conservation and ecology into their training, those who flunk that and buy more than they really need will not be allowed either.

But I do not run the program, but a greedy rich person has a chance of getting into heaven which is comparable to a camel going through the eye of a needle.

Do you understand the camel through the eye of a needle?

The "eye of a needle" in the times the old/new testament were written was not a sewing needle.
It was the entrance into city gates. When the larger gates were closed there was a human sized door in the middle of one of the larger doors. That door was used to allow people access to the city when the larger gates were closed. So a camel could go through the "eye of the needle" but with great difficulty, twisting and turning.

I don't think God cares about a person being a greenie, so much as he cares about how we treat other people. Did we call other people names to shame them when we are adults? Zap, the eye of the needle won't open. Did we commit violence because we didn't like a hat or religious symbol and screamed at the person or hit them? Zap, the eye of the needle won't open. Did we insist our family member or friend must have the same political ideology as me, or we severely cut back or off contact? Zap, the eye of the needle won't open. Did we try and control our neighbors speech patterns through cyber bullying or getting them fired? Zap, the eye of the needle won't open.

God cares first and foremost about how we treat other people. Remember Jesus gave only 2 commandments and one was "Love your neighbor as yourself.", i.e. treat everyone the way you want to be treated. Jesus never said anything about how much a person buys, or how much energy they consume or how they consume anything. Jesus just said 2 commandments "Love God, believe in me and follow my commands", funny because there was only one other basic command: "To love people, to be kind to people, to care for the poor (ie love them), to not be a snob and love everyone" "Love your neighbor as yourself", that was it, that was all.

edit on 10/9/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There is only 1 true God!
Me.
I can prove I exist.
So yes!
There is factual evidence for God.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot
If there was irrefutable proof of a god, and all the accompanying dogma then there would be no need for faith, and that defeats the whole purpose, in my simple opinion. a reply to: dfnj2015

I disagree entirely. Consider these two points:
1. Imagine someone you trust and love. You know this person exists, but you choose whether or not to have faith in them every time you trust them with something. You have faith that they won't steal from you or lie to you or stab you in the back. You have faith that they care about you, even love you.
2. Many occultists and satanists and whatnot also believe that there is a God - believing, even knowing, that God exists, doesn't automatically mean that you have faith in him or that your interests are aligned.

Even if God magically appeared in front of every person on Earth simultaneously and proved that he existed, some people would say "Well, ok, he's real... But what if he's lying? What if he's just using us for entertainment and doesn't really love us? What if there is no afterlife for us, and he's just telling us that to keep us in line? What if this is all just a computer simulation?"

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In my statement irrefutable proof means just that. There is no maybes or perhaps’. Just the knowledge that there is a god and everything associated with that god is fact. In that case there is no need for faith because knowledge makes it redundant. Having faith in something the way i see it is holding a torch in your heart to something which you don’t have complete certainty. That’s what makes it so special, or foolish to some. a reply to: trollz

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Many people do not accept the idea God exists because they believe there is no evidence for the existence of God.

If by "God" you mean an omnipotent being responsible for the creation of existence, then no, we have no definitive evidence for such an entity. We can neither prove nor disprove the hypothesis at this time.

I have heard people claim in a derogatory way God or gods only "exist as concepts, things imagined, in individual brains."

It(God) can only be a concept imagined in individual minds at the human level of existence. This should be obvious, since there are as many interpretations of "God" as there are individuals. IF "God" exists, the human approach of "anthropomorphize it,put it in a box and label it" isn't going to work.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
Nearly everyone believes god exsists in one form or the other, some however just have given up on the idea due to exasperation in dealing with this world.

But tell you what -

Find a non believer hang with them until something highly unexpected happens and i bet the first thing out of their mouths is " oh my god".

They believe alright they just have zero spiritual connection and thus don't realise that they by default believe in god.

These are the souls you should be saving.

Very astute observation

I agree, we can search deep into our consciousness and project our findings in conversation based on “logic” or “evidence” or whatever method we choose to discern the truth, but the true tell tale sign of what our consciousness believes to be true is revealed through our actions and behaviors in response to our interactions with the creation.

For the most part, people behave as if there is a “god” (or at least an authoritative power behind our existence) despite their best attempts at convincing others and themselves that they do not believe in any such thing.

Added layer of complexity can come from the idea that we have manipulation or programming to believe certain ideologies coming at us from every angle, with many seemingly succumbing to the spell of coercion to put their “belief” in a certain concept, but like you said, in those moments when we are perplexed or marveled by the workings of the creation, that “programming” glitches and the true nature of our connectedness to understanding the whole shines through, revealing our hidden knowing that something of extraordinary power exists in the unseen, something that we pick up on in ways other than the traditional physical senses.

Nice OP. We should always take the time to marvel at the wonder of existence.... it is a lost art from my personal viewpoint... but it seems to be making a comeback. 😉

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
God tells us it may be a simulation he ia running. How else would he execute commands with words he speaks speaking the universe into existing? He tells us himself that the universe is made by entering commands into the program and what is God himself!? The Alpha and the Omega, or the 1 and the 0, the language of the programing is the very fabric of God.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Also I’m not convinced mankinds poor understanding of what we call quantum physics can in any way prove or disprove the existence of a god. a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Find a non believer hang with them until something highly unexpected happens and i bet the first thing out of their mouths is " oh my god".

"Oh my god" has become an expression, or a figure of speech in our society. Using it is not indicative of belief, or a lack of belief. It's like the old saying "there are no atheists in foxholes", which is a blatant lie.

Believing we are gods????? - Text book sin.

Only to those who believe the text book.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I think that’s butchering the bible
There was no gate called the eye of the needle, no inner gate, no eye of the needle

recognizingchrist.com...

“It’s like an elephant springboard diving into a cup of water, like a giraffe doing the limbo under a three-foot-high stick, like a Clydesdale getting into the driver’s seat of a Smart Car. Get it?

It’s not possible for a rich man to save himself. In fact, it’s not possible for any man to save himself. You can’t make enough sacrifices, you can’t unload enough baggage to squeeze in. The disciples understood precisely what he meant. That’s why they immediately asked, ‘Who then can be saved?’”

Nobody can get in on their own, Jesus is the only way, all things are possible with God
Without God, like a camel getting through the eye of a needle

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

While your interpretation is correct, there are people being told on guided tours of Jerusalem that such a gate either existed or is common lore there.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Mystery is not evidence of God. God and gods have been used to explain away the unknowns for centuries. Ocean tides, eclipses... you name it, if people didn't understand it, a god was controlling it.

So, while this may be evidence of God for you now, someday it will be understood and it won't be.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Raggedyman

While your interpretation is correct, there are people being told on guided tours of Jerusalem that such a gate either existed or is common lore there.

And there are tours telling people where Christ was born and when and where He died
People will say and do anything for money, Christians included

That’s the world we live in

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Great Job in your presentation.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
When you're out hiking in New places...creation screams at me.....

A bubble of a thought appearing in my mind....look at that view.....I wonder who invented that.........!
edit on 9-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
For this thread I believe this warning from the book of Matthew is warranted and why.

Matthew 25. Specifically verses 13 through 46.

The parable of the Kingdom of Heaven is a warning that Jesus Christ as the Lord was going to depart this world for a long period of time. Now the question is "Why"? And it turns out the problem is this. The first century Jews triggered a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse according to the book of Hosea. And in Hosea 6-2 we have the timeline of the curse. 2 days in the presence of the Lord or 2000 years on the Earth.

The 2000 year curse is still running. And as such this world is currently cut off from it's God. So my warning is that the past 2000 years of the curse up to the current time is totally abnormal. You can't prove or disprove the existence of God currently.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some people want scientific evidence of God. Testable repeatable evidence.

They must not be seeing the power of creation.
edit on 15-10-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join