It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for the existence of God

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Here's what I would consider to be evidence for the existence of God. ... quantum mechanics.

Misleading interpretations of quantum mechanics is not good evidence.

The evidence seems to support the idea that reality is not real.

Nah, not really. That's what some people want to make out of it though.

I would go further and say the way reality operates is as a dance between observer and what is being observed causing changes in what is physically realized ...

"The role of the observer in QM is not to cause an abrupt reduction of the wave packet with the state of the system jumping discontinuously at the instant when it's observed. The picture of the observer interrupting the course of natural events is unnecessary and misleading. What really happens is that the quantum description of an event ceases to be meaningful as the observer changes the point of reference from before the event to after it. We don't need a human observer to make QM work, all we need is a point of reference, to seperate the past from the future, to seperate what has happened to what may happen, to seperate facts from probabilities." (Freeman Dyson, known for his work in quantum electrodynamics, solid-state physics, astronomy and nuclear engineering.)

I'm not the smartest person in the World but I find the way nature behaves at the smallest scale of measurement to be quite shocking.

“Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it.” Niels Bohr, Essays 1932-1957 on Atomic Physics and Human Knowledge

Yet you do not understand quantum mechanics, seeing what you are saying about it. There are even renown physicists that say that "nobody understands quantum mechanics".

The truth of the matter is that it is generally believed that light consists of energy particles that have wave properties. To this day, however, man still cannot give a complete answer to the question propounded over three millenniums ago by the Creator of light: “Where, now, is the way by which the light distributes itself?”​—Job 38:24.

Which was part of a set of questions by God to remind Job of his human limitations regarding accurate knowledge and understanding compared to God. Which starts in verse 2 with: “Who is this who is obscuring my counsel and speaking without knowledge? Brace yourself, please, like a man; I will question you, and you inform me. Where were you when I founded the earth? Tell me, if you think you understand.”—Job 38:2-4.

Philosophy: Reasoning From the Scriptures

What is the origin of human philosophies?

They come from people who have limitations: The Bible informs us: “It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” (Jer. 10:23) History testifies that trying to ignore that limitation has not produced good results. ... (Job 38:1-4) (Humans by nature have limitations. Additionally, their experience in life is relatively brief and is usually confined to one culture or one environment. The knowledge they possess is thus restricted, and everything is interconnected to such an extent that they constantly find aspects that they had not adequately considered. Any philosophy that they originate will reflect these limitations.)

They are developed by humans who are imperfect: ...

They are influenced by demonic spirits: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) “The one called Devil and Satan . . . is misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Rev. 12:9) ...

<< 1  2   >>

join