It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PG&E to cut power to 800,000 customers across California early Wednesday morning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So here We are 2 Years to the day (They are saying on the newz) since one of the biggest fires in California History. Tomorrow theres going to be some gusts of wind so PG&E feels the need to protect Us (or Themselves) by turning the Electricity off in select areas to the tune of 800,000 Customers.

Of the Bay Area’s nine counties, all but San Francisco will be affected by the mass outage intended to stop PG&E power lines from starting wildfires when fast, dry winds blow in after several months without sustained rainfall. Across the state, 34 counties will be affected.

Look at the map (below) its kind of funny I'm not in the zone but one house over and across the street they are in the zone and theres not a powerline to be seen in Our neighborhood. The Neighborhood that lost alot of homes (Coffee Park) doesn't appear to be in the zone.

I think this is PGE just showing Us that We need Them.

Link

Outage Map
edit on 8-10-2019 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

Maybe let them clear cut the areas around their power lines so combustible materials won't catch fire.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

call me a conspiracist...this is agenda 21 in spades.

They used endagered tree frogs as a reason to try and stop rebuilding of homes.

I live just North over the Oregon border.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So here We are 2 Years to the day (They are saying on the newz) since one of the biggest fires in California History.
Seems like last year.

The Santa Ana winds cover a very large area.

The decision would have been to shut down service for thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of users. For days. That would have prevented the fires, yes. But no one have known that and they all would have been really, really pissed.

Tough decision.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Maybe let them clear cut the areas around their power lines so combustible materials won't catch fire.

Maybe They should just stop diverting funds for burying lines ie

Money slated to put PG&E power lines underground was diverted for years

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Did you read the part that said the primary intent of undergrounding the lines was for beautification?

They need to clear the areas around the powerlines.
Something California prevents them from doing..

Much cheaper and much faster.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this I’m in Nor Cal too. Some more info:
Posible 5 days with no power:PG&E will shut down power for 800,000 customers as fire danger peaks
Portions of 34 counties face power shutoffs by midnight Wednesday

It’s a wide swath of Northern California: portions of counties that may be impacted include: Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Glenn, Lake, Mariposa, Mendocino, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Tehama, Tuolumne, Yolo and Yuba. PG&E said on Monday that they plan to begin power shutoffs in Napa County beginning early Wednesday morning that may extend five days or longer.

I think all those are just potential shutdown....I hope Still it’s super inconvenient just because a company has a defective product.

Here is a video to get some perspective on how it’s going. This is from a guy who has been fighting the corruption surrounding the Orville Dam incident. This guy sees it as I do. This is really messed up. On the bright side maybe this will force the hands to get us better options.

BTW: I’m in one of the unaffected areas here in Northern California...I think. The website with the map is down due to high traffic.

edit on 8-10-2019 by Observationalist because: Added intro

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
One thing no one seems to be mentioning:

This planned outage, on such a massive scale, is a superb way to evaluate and prepare for future disaster scenarios.

California will have 600,000-800,000 people trained with practical experience in living without electricity for days.

In the event of an EMP event in the future, California may be the best prepared to survive.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
They are preparing to shut of the power starting tomorrow here in San Diego as well. 30,000 residents expected to be without power.San Diego News

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If Bernie Sanders wasn't shifting his campaign into a lower gear, he would right now be slamming PGE power company for their selfishness, and for putting people in danger by taking away their electricity.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well, my power is still on. Thankfully. This could get worst before it gets better. Hopefully it won't but this is California we're talking about.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
News on the radio this morning stated that over 2 million will be without power because of this.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That happens every year here in SC with hurricanes.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm in Humboldt. Power went out around 1:20am this morning. It's spooky outside. It's out far all of Humboldt,. Trinity and Mendocino as far as I know.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentWindofDoom

Hope you guys got supplies before all this happened. Apparently it will last about a week; possibly more if PG&E runs into problems down the line.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I just searched my old address in California - in Fremont - assuming that there's no possible way that it would end up being part of the shut off. It's a big city and arguably part of Silicon Valley or at least a hair away - definitely not a hole in the wall.

According to PG&E my old apartment in Fremont is currently in the dark.

Wild.

edit on 10/9/19 by Hefficide because: Typo

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Conspiracy this and conspiracy that. Nope.

Just the result of years of greed and poor management. In the end the average person takes the hit.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

So this will be about massive looting, robbing, arson and basic panic in the streets in 24 hours.

/prediction.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So this will be about massive looting, robbing, arson and basic panic in the streets in 24 hours.

/prediction.

Let's face it. If you live near to a college campus that's a normal day in California these days.

What is it with under 30s in California and their tendency to panic about everything. If Wholefoods runs out of avocardo they act like it's a national crisis caused by white supremisists.

At least they are giving pleanty of warning. Those of us who have generators because of bad power suplies during the winter will barrely notice this. better resolve the problem through controlled maintenance rather than waiting for the system to fail suddenly.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

What's that saying about being just 3 hot meals away from anarchy?

If @ a million people are without power, you can bet that there will be those that'll take advantage of the situation.

Stores will be shut down further aggravating the situation.

Those of us old enough to remember the news and drama @ the New York blackout in '77 could place parallels here. And THAT black out only lasted a couple of days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join